Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    I'll have to wait until I get home to install it.
    Me too.
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,849 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask

I'm getting 2 different stories w/r/t the music bug. On the main page someone commented the bug is now worse and the sound changes at random times rather than just following a pause.

Can others confirm that music fidelity is not changed when using headphones and the sound is paused and un-paused?

For me - this would be the only reason to spend more than 2 hours to wipe reload, connect to BES, re-download from App world and Beta Zone.

Thank you.
    Ad Lucem

CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by 1magine View Post
    I'm getting 2 different stories w/r/t the music bug. On the main page someone commented the bug is now worse and the sound changes at random times rather than just following a pause.

Can others confirm that music fidelity is not changed when using headphones and the sound is paused and un-paused?

For me - this would be the only reason to spend more than 2 hours to wipe reload, connect to BES, re-download from App world and Beta Zone.

Thank you.
    it shouldn't take that long,,, i was done in 1/2 hr w/ wipe pre-install,,, the music bug is fixed on my phone,,, this is a solid build & recommend upgrading...
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."

9850+PlayBook=WIN!!!
    CrackBerry User

I have the Torch 9850 for Verizon. I am running the 7.0 update. Only because any update after 7.0 ruined my speaker phone loudness to where it was not usable basically the newest updates on 7.1. besides this update had a bug. So, I downgraded for now until they BB fixes it.

Does anybody know if the speaker phone is working now with this new OS 7.1.0.861?

Please reply here or message me. Many thanks.
    CrackBerry User

has this update fixed the speakerphone loudness issue? the previous 7.1 updates were horrible as the loudness was very low. Has this new update fixed that issue?
    unfortunately i am currently using 7.0 just for my speaker phone to be loud and able to use daily.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Latest 9850 Official OS 7.1.0.861 from Bluegrass Cellular

Quote Originally Posted by 1magine View Post

Thank you.
    I just tried it a few times and I can confirm the bug is dead lol. I listen to music all day everyday man so this was a deal breaker to me too.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitisnt View Post
    has this update fixed the speakerphone loudness issue? the previous 7.1 updates were horrible as the loudness was very low. Has this new update fixed that issue?
    unfortunately i am currently using 7.0 just for my speaker phone to be loud and able to use daily.
    For some reason listening to or streaming music is louder than before but phone calls still suck :/
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitisnt View Post
    I have the Torch 9850 for Verizon. I am running the 7.0 update. Only because any update after 7.0 ruined my speaker phone loudness to where it was not usable basically the newest updates on 7.1. besides this update had a bug. So, I downgraded for now until they BB fixes it.

Does anybody know if the speaker phone is working now with this new OS 7.1.0.861?

Please reply here or message me. Many thanks.

i've never had the bug you're talking about but it seems to me based on my experience w/ this upgrade that many of these have been fixed,,, i recommend you give it a try...

9850+PlayBook=WIN!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts

Is anyone else having issues with GPS working? I also have had a few issues with one of the wifi hotspots at work, but I think the other one is working fine (couldn't authenticate to various apps I'm still setting up) - that may not be the OS.

I was trying out the BlackBerry Navigator beta that is now available in the US and for the 9850, and noticed I couldn't find my location. I then went into the Location Settings on the device and noticed Last Update showed None. It is turned on. I tried to do a refresh location but it didn't work. I've pulled the battery about 3 or 4 times now.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusIcarusHelios View Post
    Is anyone else having issues with GPS working? ... I then went into the Location Settings on the device and noticed Last Update showed None. It is turned on.
    I experienced something similar at first.

I Went to Options / Device / Location Settings, and changed Location service from Location On to E911 only , and saved it
    then changed it back from E911 to Location On and saved again ..
    Then I started Blackberry Maps.. and everything went back to normal

PS: Navigator is quite nice !
    Last edited by Briard; 02-22-2013 at 04:05 PM. Reason: ... typos ...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,849 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask

Media Bug is FIXED!!!! Thank the G-ds! Rather than continually add posts to the thread, I will just update as I go through. Have noticed that the initial scan and indexing of the media card is way, way, way slower than previous builds, but if it fixes the media bug, I am not complaining.
    Ad Lucem

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,849 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask

Navigator should have been on 7.0 devices when they launched. Damn shame.
    Ad Lucem

CrackBerry Newbie

A few new things I noticed that nobody else has mentioned:
    1. Switching Application screen- now has text at the top that says 'Switch Applications'.
    2. Under Messages -> Options - there's a new option called Recent Contact Management (Don't think that was there before!)
    3. When viewing your calendar app - I seem to now have a birthday ticker at the top when i scroll down thru the day's agenda. ( I think that's new?)
    4. Calendar Month View- Dates are bold and the blocks for reminders or appointments look alittle different.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWARRIOR View Post
    i've never had the bug you're talking about but it seems to me based on my experience w/ this upgrade that many of these have been fixed,,, i recommend you give it a try...
    I never experienced that bug either. FWIW I have used the speaker phone with this build and it worked fine.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have a 9850 on Alltel. It says no updates available! I am running 7.1.0.342 (bundle 1149) I went to the Blackberry site hoping for a software update! All I can say is come on AT&T hurry up and finish buying Alltel! They can't be any worse!
    Southern Illinois does not start at the southern edge of Cook County! (Chicago) It is about 250 miles South of there!! I really wish Illinois politicians knew this!!!
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,871 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ultra07 View Post
    I have a 9850 on Alltel. It says no updates available! I am running 7.1.0.342 (bundle 1149) I went to the Blackberry site hoping for a software update! All I can say is come on AT&T hurry up and finish buying Alltel! They can't be any worse!
    Just download this one and install it.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Abuser

Do I need to delete the vendor.doc?
    Southern Illinois does not start at the southern edge of Cook County! (Chicago) It is about 250 miles South of there!! I really wish Illinois politicians knew this!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

i tried to download this update. It goes to the Blackberry site and wants a company name and address! What's up with that?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Alltel says they do not put out updates, it is up to Blackberry to do that!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

i tried to download this update. It goes to the Blackberry site and wants a company name and address! What's up with that?
    You can put 1234 Sesame st and put Bernie Madoff as your employer...it really doesn't matter.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,871 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    You can put 1234 Sesame st and put Bernie Madoff as your employer...it really doesn't matter.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    And yes delete the vendor files
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    BBM is useless to me. Now I can't delete it!

Quote Originally Posted by cdv1962 View Post
    A few new things I noticed that nobody else has mentioned:
    1. Switching Application screen- now has text at the top that says 'Switch Applications'.
    2. Under Messages -> Options - there's a new option called Recent Contact Management (Don't think that was there before!)
    3. When viewing your calendar app - I seem to now have a birthday ticker at the top when i scroll down thru the day's agenda. ( I think that's new?)
    4. Calendar Month View- Dates are bold and the blocks for reminders or appointments look alittle different.
    1. Not sure about the switching app thing.
    2. Might be new, didnt notice it before.
    3. The calander has had this for a while.
    4.Bold dates etc. have been there a while.

But all good things. So far..

Tim
    Verizon Z10 STL100-4 OS: v10.2.1.2141
    Playbook OS v2.1.0.1526
    J.C. BlackBerry, What's your game?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts

Default Re: Latest 9850 Official OS 7.1.0.861 from Bluegrass Cellular

Quote Originally Posted by Briard View Post
    I experienced something similar at first.

I Went to Options / Device / Location Settings, and changed Location service from Location On to E911 only , and saved it
    then changed it back from E911 to Location On and saved again ..
    Then I started Blackberry Maps.. and everything went back to normal

PS: Navigator is quite nice !
    It started working at home. I just checked again, and saw it on E911 Only - I must have accidentally changed it and didn't notice when I saw it working.
    CrackBerry Genius

Do I need to delete the vendor.doc?
    if you mean the vendor.exe, yeah,,, you can use BBHTool to do it automatically,,, there's a little tick box on the startup page,,, you can also "shrink" the OS by deleting any files you feel are unnecessary or don't need,,, be VERY careful when doing this,,, if you're at all in doubt abt the file, leave it in,,, i usually remove up to 100MB of useless stuff,(languages, games, etc.)...

9850+PlayBook=WIN!!!
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,871 Global Posts

NO it's vendor.xml files c:\program files or (x86) if 64 bit windows)\common files\research in motion\apploader vendor.xml and the other is in users\your profile\app data\roaming\research in motion\blackberry\loader.xml\vendor.xml

Or open a command prompt and run this

click start,type cmd, enter, cd\ [enter], dir vendor.xml /s /p [enter] let it run, take note of where it finds them and go delete them from those locations and try again.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast