- 02-22-2013, 09:59 AM #27
I'm getting 2 different stories w/r/t the music bug. On the main page someone commented the bug is now worse and the sound changes at random times rather than just following a pause.
Can others confirm that music fidelity is not changed when using headphones and the sound is paused and un-paused?
For me - this would be the only reason to spend more than 2 hours to wipe reload, connect to BES, re-download from App world and Beta Zone.
Thank you.Ad Lucem
- 02-22-2013, 11:56 AM #28"THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"
- CrackBerry User
02-22-2013, 12:37 PM #29
- 47 Posts
I have the Torch 9850 for Verizon. I am running the 7.0 update. Only because any update after 7.0 ruined my speaker phone loudness to where it was not usable basically the newest updates on 7.1. besides this update had a bug. So, I downgraded for now until they BB fixes it.
Does anybody know if the speaker phone is working now with this new OS 18.104.22.1681?
Please reply here or message me. Many thanks.
- CrackBerry User
02-22-2013, 12:53 PM #30
- 47 Posts
has this update fixed the speakerphone loudness issue? the previous 7.1 updates were horrible as the loudness was very low. Has this new update fixed that issue?
unfortunately i am currently using 7.0 just for my speaker phone to be loud and able to use daily.
- 02-22-2013, 03:23 PM #33"THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"
- 02-22-2013, 03:30 PM #34
Is anyone else having issues with GPS working? I also have had a few issues with one of the wifi hotspots at work, but I think the other one is working fine (couldn't authenticate to various apps I'm still setting up) - that may not be the OS.
I was trying out the BlackBerry Navigator beta that is now available in the US and for the 9850, and noticed I couldn't find my location. I then went into the Location Settings on the device and noticed Last Update showed None. It is turned on. I tried to do a refresh location but it didn't work. I've pulled the battery about 3 or 4 times now.
- CrackBerry Addict
02-22-2013, 03:55 PM #35
- 561 Posts
I Went to Options / Device / Location Settings, and changed Location service from Location On to E911 only , and saved it
then changed it back from E911 to Location On and saved again ..
Then I started Blackberry Maps.. and everything went back to normal
PS: Navigator is quite nice !
Last edited by Briard; 02-22-2013 at 04:05 PM. Reason: ... typos ...
- 02-22-2013, 04:09 PM #36
Media Bug is FIXED!!!! Thank the G-ds! Rather than continually add posts to the thread, I will just update as I go through. Have noticed that the initial scan and indexing of the media card is way, way, way slower than previous builds, but if it fixes the media bug, I am not complaining.Ad Lucem
- CrackBerry Newbie
02-22-2013, 04:53 PM #38
- 3 Posts
A few new things I noticed that nobody else has mentioned:
- Switching Application screen- now has text at the top that says 'Switch Applications'.
- Under Messages -> Options - there's a new option called Recent Contact Management (Don't think that was there before!)
- When viewing your calendar app - I seem to now have a birthday ticker at the top when i scroll down thru the day's agenda. ( I think that's new?)
- Calendar Month View- Dates are bold and the blocks for reminders or appointments look alittle different.
- 02-22-2013, 07:26 PM #40
I have a 9850 on Alltel. It says no updates available! I am running 22.214.171.1242 (bundle 1149) I went to the Blackberry site hoping for a software update! All I can say is come on AT&T hurry up and finish buying Alltel! They can't be any worse!Southern Illinois does not start at the southern edge of Cook County! (Chicago) It is about 250 miles South of there!! I really wish Illinois politicians knew this!!!
- 02-22-2013, 08:33 PM #41
- 02-22-2013, 08:39 PM #43
i tried to download this update. It goes to the Blackberry site and wants a company name and address! What's up with that?Southern Illinois does not start at the southern edge of Cook County! (Chicago) It is about 250 miles South of there!! I really wish Illinois politicians knew this!!!
- 02-22-2013, 08:43 PM #44
Alltel says they do not put out updates, it is up to Blackberry to do that!Southern Illinois does not start at the southern edge of Cook County! (Chicago) It is about 250 miles South of there!! I really wish Illinois politicians knew this!!!
- 02-22-2013, 08:58 PM #45I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
- 02-22-2013, 09:07 PM #46
- CrackBerry Genius
02-22-2013, 09:48 PM #47Verizon Z10 STL100-4 OS: v10.2.1.2141
- 4,038 Posts
- BBM is useless to me. Now I can't delete it!
Playbook OS v126.96.36.1996
J.C. BlackBerry, What's your game?
- 02-22-2013, 10:18 PM #48
- 02-23-2013, 01:41 PM #49"THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"
- 02-23-2013, 02:08 PM #50
NO it's vendor.xml files c:\program files or (x86) if 64 bit windows)\common files\research in motion\apploader vendor.xml and the other is in users\your profile\app data\roaming\research in motion\blackberry\loader.xml\vendor.xml
Or open a command prompt and run this
click start,type cmd, enter, cd\ [enter], dir vendor.xml /s /p [enter] let it run, take note of where it finds them and go delete them from those locations and try again.
- By rroyy in forum BlackBerry Torch 9860/9850Replies: 48Last Post: 12-09-2011, 12:37 PM
- By rroyy in forum BlackBerry Torch 9860/9850Replies: 44Last Post: 11-08-2011, 11:31 PM
- By rroyy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 193Last Post: 09-22-2011, 04:07 PM
- By rroyy in forum BlackBerry Curve 3GReplies: 26Last Post: 09-16-2011, 05:29 AM
- By rroyy in forum BlackBerry Torch 9860/9850Replies: 4Last Post: 09-02-2011, 09:55 PM