CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Is it just me or 9850 have a small light leak

Has any1 notice a very small light output at the bottom of the screen at the very top of the buttons? one between the "phone" button and the "blackberry" button and the right side between the "back" and "end" button it doesnt bother me just wondering if it just me also to see this go to a dark room to check the button lights have to light up to see this light output
    Last edited by BklynSoulja; 09-18-2011 at 09:27 AM.
    CrackBerry Addict

I've noticed this too, at least I think this is what your talking about.... Its like a line of light that bridges across the top of the buttons in between them and is only visible in a dark room. My phone has this too, but it doesnt bother me. Every phone is going to have variances in build quality. Hope your enjoying your new phone! I know I am.... or will be when I get it back from RIM!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by DannyJK View Post
    I've noticed this too, at least I think this is what your talking about.... Its like a line of light that bridges across the top of the buttons in between them and is only visible in a dark room. My phone has this too, but it doesnt bother me. Every phone is going to have variances in build quality. Hope your enjoying your new phone! I know I am.... or will be when I get it back from RIM!
    yes! that what im talking about i think most phones are like this as i checked in sprint and verizon stores and all are like that i love the 9850 tho btw u sent the phone back for this reason or another reason?
    CrackBerry Addict

I sent my phone in for warranty work because I scratched the clear coat off one of my buttons! It was considered premature wear, so I took advantage of it. A little light bleed doesn't bother me.

I also noticed light bleed where I never thought I'd have light bleed from! The Blackberry name logo above the screen, when the screen is on in a dark room the outline of the top of the name is highlighted with bleeding light from the screen!

Its strange because when your looking at it in the dark the name looks 3D because the light bleed travels through the top of the lettering and it looks like the lettering goes through the width of the plastic cover, but when you look at it in a well lit room it looks flat and almost like it was painted on underneath the clearcoat of the screen.

Its very hard to explain, but its there alright! Lol. I still love mah phone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com