Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Just back from Verizon, They pulled the 9850 today

I went to Verizon today, Verizon pulled the 9850 Torch from the shelfs, this straight from the manager when I asked " Where is the 9850's , I would like a test drive"

The manager stated they pulled them all last night, beecause of to many problems with them. I asked him if it was software or hardware, he said both. OK, Really guys. does the 9850 have that many problems ? The 9850 is still selling this on the Verizon web site.

Does the recent OS7 updates for the 9850 fix most of the problems or all. I really don't like my 9810 Torch from AT&T it reboots to much even with the updates, I'm returning it.

I will switch carriers to Verizon if the 9850 problems can be resolved with software, as long as don't reboot during calls.
    CrackBerry Addict

Really? That's interesting... Curious if this is across all Verizon stores...?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

Can't speak for anyone else but I have a 9860, no problems and unaware of any major issues so bad that they would have to pull it off their shelves. Sounds a little odd to me.

chiefbroski and the_sleuth like this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by III 4U2NV III View Post
    Really? That's interesting... Curious if this is across all Verizon stores...?

Well, the store where they pulled the 9850's off is in Albuquerque, NM. A large corporate store.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by stevenje98 View Post
    I went to Verizon today, Verizon pulled the 9850 Torch from the shelfs, this straight from the manager when I asked " Where is the 9850's , I would like a test drive"

The manager stated they pulled them all last night, beecause of to many problems with them. I asked him if it was software or hardware, he said both. OK, Really guys. does the 9850 have that many problems ? The 9850 is still selling this on the Verizon web site.

Does the recent OS7 updates for the 9850 fix most of the problems or all. I really don't like my 9810 Torch from AT&T it reboots to much even with the updates, I'm returning it.

I will switch carriers to Verizon if the 9850 problems can be resolved with software, as long as don't reboot during calls.
    My local verizon store and best buy never even had the phone for sale in store. I find that to show how bad of a product this is. I was waiting for this phone from the early leaks of the monaco info. I have yet to see anyone own this phone in my city and am not taking a chance given all the problems I read online. Plus, I need to check out a working display model before buying a new phone.

I honestly don't have anything bad to say anymore when I go into Verizon or best buy for a quick check on the phones when I'm there and they ask why blackberry, android's where its at, etc.

I am tired of defending my ever defective phone. I don't work for rim, I am not paid in any way by rim. But I continually put up with a pos phone that has more problems than worthy features. I will no longer defend this junk I own.
    bacon612 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

That sounds like baloney to me. I have heard of relatively few issues with the Verison 9850s. Probably that store manager is just trying to justify making more room for what he sees as potentially higher selling devices that are currently being released.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    PIN
    3318D20B

That's ********. This phone doesn't have many problems. At first yes, now not so much. Same for the 9930

CrackBerry Master

I'm in agreement for the most part. Granted these phones don't sell as well as the androids or iphone but the storm one and even my storm 2 had a lot of issues where I was forced to get replacements but those were never pulled and were far worse then this phone. Its only been out for a few months I have trouble with the browser closing unexpectedly and several other things but I think in time most of the issues will be resolved with software upgrades. I hated my storm two for the longest time yet upgrades turned it into a very likable phone for the most part. Rim is really pushing o/s 7 too much for it to be a total flop. I really think instead of all of the models they push out they should make one touch screen device and one with a physical keyboard then the developers can improve on the o/s easier then when they have more phones to choose from with all different software builds. Make one thing and make it right! Maybe then they would gain some loyal customers back that left them for android and all of the other phones. I have some gripes with my 9850 but it is by far better then both my storm one and storm two. I'm sure it will get better with a few more software builds.

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

I just asked my wife If i heard this manager correctly. As to. not selling or stopped selling them. My wife said I heard the manager say this also. She was right beside me. " We" stopped selling them " and pulled them from the shelfs"

Just had to double check with my wife on that.

So, with that in mind a sales rep was appointed to help. the Rep showed me a Curve ! telling me these ones work fine, this one is black , the other is red. lol...

I really don't want buy trackballs in bulk anymore for my bold 9000 I'm sick trackballs and AT&T. Im just venting.
    Last edited by stevenje98; 11-20-2011 at 07:32 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    PIN
    3318D20B

I just asked my wife If i heard this manager correctly. As to. not selling or stopped selling them. My wife said I heard the manager say this also. She was right beside me. " We" stopped selling them " and pulled them from the shelfs"

So, with that in mind a sales rep was appointed to help. the Rep showed me a Curve ! telling me these ones work fine, this one is black , the other is red. lol...
    Must just be your weird city.

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by rkopsie View Post
    That's ********. This phone doesn't have many problems. At first yes, now not so much. Same for the 9930

Oh yea, the 9930 still doesn't have quality control problems.
    CrackBerry User

I just got my 9850 two days ago form Sprint. I don't know if it's the phone or Sprint's signal, but sometimes I'm roaming when I'm in certain locations of my home. Other than that, the phone seems to be working pretty good.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    PIN
    3318D20B

Quote Originally Posted by bluboy4 View Post
    I just got my 9850 two days ago form Sprint. I don't know if it's the phone or Sprint's signal, but sometimes I'm roaming when I'm in certain locations of my home. Other than that, the phone seems to be working pretty good.
    I had Sprint previously .. That's how they are .. Always roaming in my bedroom and living room yet perfect service in the bathroom and closet. Lol.

CrackBerry User

I previously had a BB on T-Mo and made the switch to Verizon & got the 9850, and I love it! It's extremely fast, efficient, and has excellent sound quality for phone calls. When I first got it, it did seem to have some lag when switching from portrait to landscape, but that was fixed with the latest official Verizon OS update. I can't think of any other issues I've had that would make me think this phone is not worth buying. My 9850 has never rebooted on its own or died overnight when it was supposed to be charging. I know this is an issue for some people but thankfully not all 9850's act that way.
    A lot of the problems posted on here might be from people loading apps that are not optimized for the 9850. These apps can cause lag, freezing, make the touchscreen unresponsive at times, and drain the battery.
    Thanked by:
    baspeed (12-03-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

I have had zero issues with my BB 9850. I have updated the software, but Verizon had new software shortly after I purchased it. I am not sure what that person was talking about, and suspect they could have lied to you to push you into another phone.

I love this phone, it is a huge improvement over my old Storm 1 and 2 that I used prior to this phone. It is the best of Blackberry and Android. I have many more apps than I've ever had before and am really enjoying this upgrade over the Storm series. I even tried Android with the original Incredible but went back to my Storm 2 because of bad reception issues with the Droid. This is better than both and like I said the best of both Blackberry and Android.
    Thanked by:
    buckwylder (11-22-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp55 View Post
    That sounds like baloney to me. I have heard of relatively few issues with the Verison 9850s. Probably that store manager is just trying to justify making more room for what he sees as potentially higher selling devices that are currently being released.
    Hmmm... More iPhones perhaps?
    Apple = skynet??
    CrackBerry Abuser

Stevenje98 08:21 PM Yesterday -- [Quote]

I really don't want buy trackballs in bulk anymore for my bold 9000 I'm sick trackballs and AT&T. Im just venting.

rkopsie 11:31 PM Yesterday -- [Quote]

I had Sprint previously .. That's how they are .. Always roaming in my bedroom and living room yet perfect service in the bathroom and closet. Lol.

lololol-ha!!!!! You quys made my morning. Not making fun, it's just too funny. We LOVE our blackberrys till death do us part!

CrackBerry User

I have a 9850 VZW and it has worked well I especially like the Vlingo pro app gift from RIM adds some voice control features that has added to my experience. Like being able to text and email by voice works extremely well. Have never had a drop call, and the speaker phone works well. The new browser works great and I like having the track pad comes in handy with some check boxes. Like Suretype in portrait, and being able to get a full querty by just flipping the phone to landscape is great for entering passwords or weird words.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

Isn't that against the law to pull out certain devices off the shelf becuase they "don't work".. There's three Verizon Wireless stores in my area and they're all selling 9850's. In fact, my aunt just got hers a couple of hours ago, and she loves it. Unless RIM or Verizon tells every store to pull out certain devices, or recall, it is against some kind of agreement between RIM and VW.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    PIN
    33098B95

I received my first BB 9850 on Sept. 8th and was absolutely delighted. I had a few issues with the browser and whined to Verizon about it and they sent me a new device. This one ran rings around the first one as it had a newer O/S. Other than higher than expected battery drain, this was my best BB yet.

Last week I noticed a perceived loss of volume using the handset and called Verizon and received my replacement device Last Saturday. I'm still very happy with this unit and I am totally dismayed that Verizon might not be displaying it in their stores.

My battery issues were pretty much resolved with the installation of WiFi Manager which disconnects WiFi when I'm out of range from a protected site. The call quality is excellent, camera is outstanding and the browser is as good as any on the market.

Long live the BB 9850.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

I don't doubt the manager said that but my vote is simply that they didn't have it to sell. As in out-of-stock. Independent stores get a lot of heat for shady practices (in many cases justified) but in my experience there are corporate stores inhabited by crummy salespeople as well. A standard ploy is to tell you, in effect, "you don't want one" when in fact a lot of people want one and as a result they don't have any more.

Again, just my guess, at least until I see some more people say they had the same experience.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    PIN
    Faber-Castell E-Motion Resin Ball Pen

I picked up my 9850 at a corporate Verizon store in Bethesda, MD this past weekend. They had one on display and had at least the one I bought on hand to sell. I think you just had a Verizon manager who wanted the floor space for one more iteration of Android.
    Who's your BhagDaddy?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts

Just stopped at our local corp. store to by a case for my 9850 and they had one on display.
    CrackBerry Abuser

And in a related story, Chicken Little reports that the sky is falling...

CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mustangv8 View Post
    My local verizon store and best buy never even had the phone for sale in store. I find that to show how bad of a product this is. I was waiting for this phone from the early leaks of the monaco info. I have yet to see anyone own this phone in my city and am not taking a chance given all the problems I read online. Plus, I need to check out a working display model before buying a new phone.

I honestly don't have anything bad to say anymore when I go into Verizon or best buy for a quick check on the phones when I'm there and they ask why blackberry, android's where its at, etc.

I am tired of defending my ever defective phone. I don't work for rim, I am not paid in any way by rim. But I continually put up with a pos phone that has more problems than worthy features. I will no longer defend this junk I own.
    thats a true statement,and i second that RIM rim dont hav a whaat they r doing..
    mustangv8 likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast