Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default I think I've finally had enough of Blackberry

I have the Torch 9850 and the Storm before that. I loved my Blackberries until now.

I have the freezing screen and loss of ability to hear the caller when someone calls just about everyday. It is running tortuously slow.
    Watching any kind of videos is almost non existent unless I want to watch it buffer forever, and that's if it's a video I can see at all.
    I have to do a battery pull everyday, sometimes more than once.

I have been reading about similar complaints in other threads and one of the fixes a lot of people suggest is to get rid of any apps that I don't absolutely need. That's what I'm tired of right there. I'm not some kid with every game in the world and all kinds of crap on my phone. I use my phone in my business and have some apps for that and some for personal. I don't have more than what should be expected by any means. Why should I have to remove apps anyway? I have not done an update on the operating system, but I hear that is a pain in the **** because of having to reload apps and from what I see it doesn't fix this problem on Storm. That pisses me off even more anyway, I bought the Blackberry to save me time in business, and I sure don't have time to be reloading apps, etc.

Anyways, I haven't seen a fix that I can live with in any of the other threads so it looks like this ex Blackberry lover will be moving on to some other kind of operating system when my plan renews.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts

see ya..........
    Guitar Players do it better!!

"Ahab, can I bum my doobage??"
    CrackBerry Addict

Ever heard of a Z10??
    CDM76, ajst222 and nquyen like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

... forget about all old Berry's and buy a Z10!
    nquyen likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts

I have a 9850 and it started doing something similar, got tired of so I really loaded the latest OS went back to normal, good luck.
    CDM76 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

I might just take the phone back and explain the problem. You may have gotten one with issues. I don't have any problems with my Z10...not one that stops me from loving it, anyway.
    Seems strange that you would just give up so easily when you knew it was a new OS, it was new type of phone, and no real consumer feedback time. Nothing technological on this planet works perfectly 100% of the time...never has. That's the nature of the beast.
    Just get the phone replaced with another Z10 and ride out the initial infancy stage...if you still have problems with it, go somewhere else. The Z10 will be the king of the hill in 6 months.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    12,923 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle

You won't even update your operating system and you have the nerve to come here and whine?

Enjoy your new dumb phone.

Posted from my Z10 with CB10
    "Proud member of the Peevishlicious Crew" (Tank Pilot)
    CrackBerry Abuser

check your sd card, that fixed those symptoms on my tour, card damaged or degraded.
    Tony Renier
    Green Bay, WI, USA

"Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed."
    G.K. Chesterton
    CrackBerry User

My 9860 is flawless. The only issue i have with it is the cold weather seems to affect the screen.

BTW i thoroughly agree with the OP in that you shouldn't have to delete apps and install updated OSs just to make a phone work as normal.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Since you posted a question, I'll answer it. Yes, I do have the nerve to come here and air out some complaints. As you mature a little maybe you'll understand that sometimes out of frustration and having spent a lot of money on a product that people will want to use forums such as this as a sounding board. Come on, are you seriously telling me you haven't seen all the previous threads and posts complaining about Storms and Torches having these issues? Are you seriously saying that you haven't seen the problems associated with updating OS on them. Believe me, I checked many posts in this forum before I decided to air it out here.
    Thanked by 2:
    rickkel (03-08-2013) 
    EsJayDee and CDM76 like this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

I don't have a Z10, I have a Torch. I was thinking about trying the Z10 but with the problems I've had with my other BB's I'm a little nervous about trying it.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Thank you for the mostly helpful replies to my post. I've always gotten good help here at Crackberry. In fact this is the first post I've ever made that had some smart a** replies from people who obviously have never been so frustrated with a product that they felt the need to let off some steam in a forum.

I checked many threads on this issue before I posted. Many of the answers I have gotten here have been tried by others on more than one phone and it didn't resolve the issues. Because some of you have had luck with these solutions, I'll give it a try. You never know, maybe mine will be one of the phones they work on.

One last question. I assume most of you have been here as long as I have. You've seen the complaints about RIM or BB not keeping up with the other phones on the market. You've seen the change in ownership and the 2 highest guys on the totem pole step down. You've probably had the same questions I have in my mind about how good is the Z10 really going to be. What is it that makes this phone convince you this one is going to be different? I am the only person I know who still uses BB. All my family, friends, and business associates use other phones. I don't even update BB messenger because I would not have anybody to use it with. After a while, the proof seems to be in the pudding that the other phones are getting the job done without as much hassle. I have always loved BB. I'm not being sarcastic here, can somebody give me a good reason to believe this Z10 is going to compete with other phones.
    Unbiased Tech likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

The old BBOS was unstable and ran on Java. BB10 runs on QNX. My Bold 9900 freezes and slows down, but my PlayBook which runs on QNX has only frozen once in the entire year I've owned it.

And you say that you don't update your apps/software... This can also effect the performance of the phone. On my Torch 9800 I was about to throw it at a wall because it would always freeze and crash on me. Later I noticed that none of my apps were updated and that my software was not up to date. After I updated everything, it worked properly.

If nothing seems to help, reloading the software entirely might be your only solution.

Hope you fix your phone!

Smartphone history:

Apple iPhone 3G > BlackBerry Curve 8900 > BlackBerry Torch 9800 & Apple iPad 16GB > BlackBerry Bold 9900 & BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB > BlackBerry Q10

Twitter: @CrckBerryAddict
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy1368 View Post
    The old BBOS was unstable and ran on Java. BB10 runs on QNX. My Bold 9900 freezes and slows down, but my PlayBook which runs on QNX has only frozen once in the entire year I've owned it.

And you say that you don't update your apps/software... This can also effect the performance of the phone. On my Torch 9800 I was about to throw it at a wall because it would always freeze and crash on me. Later I noticed that none of my apps were updated and that my software was not up to date. After I updated everything, it worked properly.

If nothing seems to help, reloading the software entirely might be your only solution.

Hope you fix your phone!
    I want to be sure I'm understanding this right because I'm not a techie wiz. In fact if you look at the history of my posts I've had people walk me through help many times here. I do update apps. What I don't do is update the OS because I've seen many other posts saying that it didn't help and that you had to reload all of your apps. Well, if it works, I will try that. Can you reload your apps from BB Desktop manager after you've backed them up or do you have to go to the BB World and download again? That's what I assumed, but maybe I assumed wrong.
    Thanked by:
    leehardballer12 (10-29-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    11,862 Global Posts

Default Re: I think I've finally had enough of Blackberry

sorry to hear that, I'm no expert on the tourch, never owned one, but have owned 4 BB phones the last being the 9930 and not seen any of the issues you descriped, just lucky I guess. could be you just got a dud.
    Banned

Why are you try Z10 ? - I think great for you.

Global Posts
    6,538 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Quote Originally Posted by storeytime View Post
    Since you posted a question, I'll answer it. Yes, I do have the nerve to come here and air out some complaints. As you mature a little maybe you'll understand that sometimes out of frustration and having spent a lot of money on a product that people will want to use forums such as this as a sounding board. Come on, are you seriously telling me you haven't seen all the previous threads and posts complaining about Storms and Torches having these issues? Are you seriously saying that you haven't seen the problems associated with updating OS on them. Believe me, I checked many posts in this forum before I decided to air it out here.
    Sooo, did you post this thread to get help? If so, why not just ask for it?
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

--Mark Twain
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

Default Re: I think I've finally had enough of Blackberry

I highly recommend that you upgrade as soon as you can to the Z10. It is 10 times better than what you have now...you will never look back.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuck View Post
    Sooo, did you post this thread to get help? If so, why not just ask for it?
    Maybe I didn't explain that as well as I could have. I fired off my first post in anger, but after getting some helpful replies I asked some questions. As I stated in other posts in this thread, I did try to get help by searching the boards before I got frustrated and posted here. I had reached the conclusion that this was a problem that wasn't going away. As if I'm the first person to fire off a post complaining about a BB here at Crackberry, and I'm not talking about pseudo BB users, I'm talking about long time users. BB is the only smart phone I've ever had. I would love to resolve this issue and keep using my Torch until my contract is up. I am missing business calls everyday with this problem.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

If I offended anyone by letting off some steam, I apologize to you. After some helpful posts I realized there may be help for my phone.

So everyone clearly understands my situation, here it is:
    - I'm not a techie, so even searching the posts for solutions can be hard to understand.
    - I have seen many posts that tell of issues after doing OS upgrades and have even seen posts where it was recommended to not upgrade unless I have to.
    Here's and example of a post showing issues after upgrade - Issues after upgrade
    - Not being a techie, and working about 60-90 hours a week on my business, I don't have time for troubleshooting a phone. I can't afford to be without it or take the time to fix calender
    issues, email issues, etc. The problem I have now is not as major as those type issues would be.
    - I was under the impression from reading other posts on my problem that this was an issue with Torches and OS upgrade would not fix it. They must have been wrong.
    - If someone wants to take a crack (pun intended) at helping me with OS upgrade, I'm all ears. Otherwise, I'll start another thread asking for that specific help.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

Never mind. I found the BB101 tip on how to wipe, upgrade OS, etc. Now I'm reminded why I didn't want to have to do this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    BBM is useless to me. Now I can't delete it!

You see a small portion of people having issues. Many self inflicted.

Upgrade the OS or get a new phone. Simple.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    Verizon Z10 STL100-4 OS: v10.3.1.1151
    Playbook OS v2.1.0.1526 and not used!
    BlackBerry continues to act anti-American! Another no U.S. launch for the largest dollar making country (BBs own numbers) for them on the planet!
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    12,923 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle

OP why didn't you just come here and quietly ask for assistance instead of the angry rant?

Help is always available for those willing to help themselves.

Put more fiber in your diet man.
    "Proud member of the Peevishlicious Crew" (Tank Pilot)
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

Quote Originally Posted by bungaboy View Post
    OP why didn't you just come here and quietly ask for assistance instead of the angry rant?

Help is always available for those willing to help themselves.

Put more fiber in your diet man.
    I know I'm just wasting my time answering your reply because I've already answered your question and I've already explained that I did try to help myself by finding the answer in past threads, which is the procedure that Crackberry would like everybody to use. I've also explained that I've always gotten good help here and very few **** answers like I got from you. And just to analyze a little deeper, what brought about such hostility from you? Did I insult you in some kind of way? NO! Did I call you names? NO! All I did is air out some frustration. You, on the other hand acted like a ****. I doubt you even read all the posts because I had already answered the questions you asked in this post. Later, I also apologized if I offended anybody. Quite frankly, I'm amazed that people would take so personally the criticism of a phone that none of you own (I mean the company), design, or perhaps even sell. This BB cult seems to be worse than the Mac cult, where a person can't even express their opinion without someone taking it personally and acting like a ****. I'll put a little more fiber in my diet when you grow a little thicker skin. Or maybe I'll just wait till you've been a member here as long as I have Newbie.
    CrackBerry Addict

I have always simply updated the OS without wiping and have never had an issue. You can backup third party apps as instructed in a thread in the tips section of this forum. I'll search for it later and post. I have never had the DM not reinstall my third party apps though. I would not wipe the phone unless you still had issues after the OS update. I have never done it on any of my Blackberries starting with the original Bold. Honestly an updated OS can make a world of difference. There is a reason for the updates.

Just be sure to sync your phone before you update and back up the entire phone as well so you can restore it if necessary, and so your data is on your computer.

Good luck.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast