01-09-12 09:26 AM
- I thought I would give the 9860 a go before I became Androiderised
Well, roger me sideways with a ten-week old kipper!! This phone is frikkin great. I love it, it's the exact thing I was begging to hanker for, i.e, a phone with a perfect mix between the old BB trusted formula and something smart-phoneyish.
I have had nearly every BB from the early days, right up to the 9900 (didn't like that at all!!) I suppose I should ask myself, why didn't I give this phone a try before?
I haven't put this phone down for the last three days and I still have about 35% battery left. What the are all of these horror stories about the 9860 battery? Give me a break!!
I can't (yet) think of anything I dislike about the 9860. Sure, I have a few questions; like, how the do you turn off the screen auto switch (sorry, can't remember the technical name for it - is it accelorometer or something?)from portrait to landscape?
Also - is there a touch-screen option/way of answering an incoming call?
Pwfaa questions schmestions.01-07-12 09:55 AM
- Orientation lock? Try this to lock the orientation
( http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/18574 )01-07-12 10:18 AMLike 1
- The 9860 is a great phone and I don't understand why it doesn't get the recognition it deserves. It's fast, sleek and my battery life is excellent compared to what others have said.
I didn't like the 9900 either for some reason (can't pin point why). I've had previous Bolds and I want to like it but everytime I go into a store and play around with it I just can't find the love.
Enjoy your phone!01-07-12 10:42 AM
- I was waiting for my company to offer this phone. When it took them too long, I took my brother's old iphone4 (he got a 4S) and I've been using the it for a few weeks.
There is no comparison between the iPhone/BB when it comes to surfing the web and apps/games. The iphone is 100% better in all phases. There are more apps, many of which are free, the games are by far superior, and downloading is so easy. My only caveat is that I only played with these new devices (bold touch, torch 9860) in stores for a short period of time, so it is possible that the browser has improved.
Again, the iphone, to me, is a superior phone. Obviously, there are things that I miss:
1. REAL push email - I have Gmail set up in the "mail" app, and its not really great. Doesnt seem to "push" the emails to my phone and I need to go into the app and swipe to get it to upload. For work emails, my company requires that we use the "Good" app which provides more security. Quite frankly, I hate it. Also doesn't push like the BB does, meaning that in the BB, i get the notification and can look at the email right away. In the "Good" app, i get a notification but have to go into the app and wait for it to connect and retrieve the email.
2. BBM - No doubt at all that I miss BBM. I miss it dearly. However, there are apps out there, even cross platform apps, that work very simliar. I have started to use WhatsApp. When I send a message, one checkmark indicates that it has been sent. Two checkmarks indicate that the receiver has read the email. No, its not a "D" or "R", but its pretty damn close. Plus, I can take quick video and voice messages and send them along, which is pretty fun to mess around with. There are also other alternatives like PingMe but I wasnt able to get it downloaded on my wife's BB...
All in all, im pretty happy about the switch to the iPhone. I really wanted to check out this torch 9860 as I had been a Storm user for way too long that was waiting for so long for the next touch screen BB. I will definitely keep my eye out for the newest BB devices that supposedly are coming out this year. If they blow me away I would have no problem returning to the BB.01-09-12 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD