07-09-12 04:33 AM
- I really like it and am very happy that I bought it and have had the experience I have with it however, once I move onto my next phone, I will not be looking at an all touch device again. I want my keyboard back.
Also, its limited in terms of apps which isn't that big a deal but if you like games and stuff just know that devs pretty much ignore this phone.06-28-12 12:37 AM
- I like the keyboard on it. I use this device for work, and I use an Android phone as a personal phone. I was already used to the touch screen so it didn't take too long to get used to the keyboard. It seems much better than Bold's or Curve's physical keyboard, to me at least.06-28-12 04:48 PM
- I like mine. The call quality, keyboard, and messaging capabilities are all very good (which are what you would expect from a Blackberry). My annoyances are the occasional freezing and lagginess I experience. I usually have to do a battery pull 2-3 times per week to alleviate these issues.06-29-12 08:20 AM
- I like mine. The call quality, keyboard, and messaging capabilities are all very good (which are what you would expect from a Blackberry). My annoyances are the occasional freezing and lagginess I experience. I usually have to do a battery pull 2-3 times per week to alleviate these issues.
I also love the camera and multimedia features of the phone.06-29-12 09:57 AM
- Got mine 5 days ago and im happy with it. The touchkeyboard is not bad but also not very good without predictive text (always a problem on each phone caus swiss-german is not a real language xD ).
Camera and browser works fine for me. And a 3.7 screen is nearly perfect for what i need.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk06-29-12 01:16 PM
- I got this phone a few months ago. I replaced my storm 2. I have to say that overall its a faster device and the bigger screen is a plus. However I like typing on the storm much better than the torch. I still make more mistakes with the torch and i can type much faster on the storm. I quite often find that the keyboard on the torch becomes unresponsive and I have to wait a good 30 seconds to be able to type again. When this happens the buttons work, just not the touch screen. I also find that there are times that while typing i can't press enter to select a word when sending a text. Predictive text shows the word and i press enter and nothing happens. The only way to select the word is to actually click it. This is very frustrating. The memory leak is ridiculous. Another problem that i have noticed on a few occasions is that my phone will work great one minute and the next minute I can't hear the person and they can't hear me during a phone call. When this happens it will happen on all calls and the phone becomes useless until i fix it. The only way to fix it is to do a battery pull. This never happened on my storm. I have tried several OS and still have the problems, I am on my 3rd torch and for the most part the problems are the same. If the storm had the power and speed of the the torch it would have been much better device, However it doesn't so therefore overall the torch is a better device but it does come with its problems.06-30-12 07:12 AM
- Been a heck of an improvement over the storm 1 and 2.
I just wish they wouldn't have included the four physical buttons, aesthetically they ruin the appearance i think. That's purely cosmetic of course.
love it. will hold me over until the bb10 phones come out.
In 2016.07-01-12 08:45 PM
- I really like my Torch 9850 which I got the day it was released. I too have had bouts with ocassional "lags" using OS 7.1 version .402, but not terribly so - awaiting a newer version to fix this. Everything works like a charm so I have no complaints.
I suggest anyone with a BlackBerry to install QuickPull and set it to restart/refresh your phone each night at 3:00 am and you won't have to do any battery pulls.07-02-12 04:49 PM
- I'm curious about this statement. Do you mean less games for the 9860 specifically (due to higher resolution?)? or less games for blackberry OS7 in general?07-05-12 09:16 AM
- Love how everything feels so polished about the entire experience. Everything I loved doing on my 9900 is all here in full screen glory and although the keyboard could be more precise, I have gotten the hang of typing on it. No other complaints about it and it's podcast listening time for me now so I will give that sound system a go. I hope the sound quality is as good as everything else.
Cheers, people.07-05-12 09:40 AM
- I give it a 6 from the 10, still no flash support, market is you know , hickups and slowdowns time by time.. installing takes to long meanwhile phone is not responding, the buttons are crap the plastic came off the button and i have it for like 5months. Battery is weak.. Typing is horrible on the 9860 .. if you like typing allot go for 9900 bold.07-09-12 04:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD