Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    PIN
    33018ED0
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Hows everyone liking the torch

hows everyone liking tell me abouit ur experince
    CURRENT: BOLD 9650
    BLACKBERRY FUTURE PHONES: BLACKBERRY TORCH 9850.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,353 Global Posts

I really like it and am very happy that I bought it and have had the experience I have with it however, once I move onto my next phone, I will not be looking at an all touch device again. I want my keyboard back.

Also, its limited in terms of apps which isn't that big a deal but if you like games and stuff just know that devs pretty much ignore this phone.
    8700, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9860, Z10! Spider-Man case FTW!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,074 Global Posts

I like the keyboard on it. I use this device for work, and I use an Android phone as a personal phone. I was already used to the touch screen so it didn't take too long to get used to the keyboard. It seems much better than Bold's or Curve's physical keyboard, to me at least.
    CrackBerry Abuser

love mine also have 9900 and i like the bigger screen on this one

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

I love mine! I was worried about the touch typing. I went from an 8530 to the 9850. I love the bigger screen.
    Southern Illinois does not start at the southern edge of Cook County! (Chicago) It is about 250 miles South of there!! I really wish Illinois politicians knew this!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Have no complaint, Love it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts

I like mine. The call quality, keyboard, and messaging capabilities are all very good (which are what you would expect from a Blackberry). My annoyances are the occasional freezing and lagginess I experience. I usually have to do a battery pull 2-3 times per week to alleviate these issues.
    Blackberry Torch 9850 / Blackberry Playbook
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Invader3K View Post
    I like mine. The call quality, keyboard, and messaging capabilities are all very good (which are what you would expect from a Blackberry). My annoyances are the occasional freezing and lagginess I experience. I usually have to do a battery pull 2-3 times per week to alleviate these issues.
    I like it for the same reasons. I am cautiously optimistic that the latest release (7..1.0.523) seems to have cleaned up the lagging (only two days in though) and looks like it might alleviate the need for frequent battery pulls. Hopefully that comes to the 9850 for you soon.

I also love the camera and multimedia features of the phone.
    CrackBerry User

Got mine 5 days ago and im happy with it. The touchkeyboard is not bad but also not very good without predictive text (always a problem on each phone caus swiss-german is not a real language xD ).
    Camera and browser works fine for me. And a 3.7 screen is nearly perfect for what i need.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    783 Global Posts

I got this phone a few months ago. I replaced my storm 2. I have to say that overall its a faster device and the bigger screen is a plus. However I like typing on the storm much better than the torch. I still make more mistakes with the torch and i can type much faster on the storm. I quite often find that the keyboard on the torch becomes unresponsive and I have to wait a good 30 seconds to be able to type again. When this happens the buttons work, just not the touch screen. I also find that there are times that while typing i can't press enter to select a word when sending a text. Predictive text shows the word and i press enter and nothing happens. The only way to select the word is to actually click it. This is very frustrating. The memory leak is ridiculous. Another problem that i have noticed on a few occasions is that my phone will work great one minute and the next minute I can't hear the person and they can't hear me during a phone call. When this happens it will happen on all calls and the phone becomes useless until i fix it. The only way to fix it is to do a battery pull. This never happened on my storm. I have tried several OS and still have the problems, I am on my 3rd torch and for the most part the problems are the same. If the storm had the power and speed of the the torch it would have been much better device, However it doesn't so therefore overall the torch is a better device but it does come with its problems.
    CrackBerry User

Only problems with the phone for me is the Youtube media error with Wifi and getting used to using a touch screen keyboard.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Go ahead & ask

I waited an eternity for rim to release this this model so I could replace my 8330.

I love this phone.

Only issue I have had is the usb port pulling out.

I cannot wait for the bb10 London version.
    Blackberry Z10 & 64 GB Playbook
    CrackBerry User

I love my 9860!
    I'm not switching again to the iPhone.
    Try iPhone 4S for two weeks, but I missed too much my BlackBerry and returning happy again.

Sent from my  BlackBerry 9860 using Crackberry Forum App
    CrackBerry Abuser

I got mine when it came out, and I have no regrets. The only thing that I wish it had thought was NFC. But anyways, I'm getting a BB 10 phone when they release it, so it is no biggie.
    CrackBerry Genius

Been a heck of an improvement over the storm 1 and 2.

I just wish they wouldn't have included the four physical buttons, aesthetically they ruin the appearance i think. That's purely cosmetic of course.

love it. will hold me over until the bb10 phones come out.

In 2016.
    ============================

Please, God, for another day grant me
    the wisdom to know the difference.

============================
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    687 Global Posts

Got it about a month ago, and like it. Touch keyboard is perfect for those who type in more than one language - I really don't think there's a physical keyboard equivalent, especially if the languages have different alphabets. The large screen is nice too.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I really like my Torch 9850 which I got the day it was released. I too have had bouts with ocassional "lags" using OS 7.1 version .402, but not terribly so - awaiting a newer version to fix this. Everything works like a charm so I have no complaints.

I suggest anyone with a BlackBerry to install QuickPull and set it to restart/refresh your phone each night at 3:00 am and you won't have to do any battery pulls.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

Default Hows everyone liking the torch

most enjoyable phone ive owned to date!
    Last edited by up488; 07-02-2012 at 07:28 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

I'm curious about this statement. Do you mean less games for the 9860 specifically (due to higher resolution?)? or less games for blackberry OS7 in general?

Quote Originally Posted by BoldPreza View Post
    Also, its limited in terms of apps which isn't that big a deal but if you like games and stuff just know that devs pretty much ignore this phone.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    3,207 Global Posts

Love how everything feels so polished about the entire experience. Everything I loved doing on my 9900 is all here in full screen glory and although the keyboard could be more precise, I have gotten the hang of typing on it. No other complaints about it and it's podcast listening time for me now so I will give that sound system a go. I hope the sound quality is as good as everything else.

Cheers, people.
    CrackBerry User

I give it a 6 from the 10, still no flash support, market is you know , hickups and slowdowns time by time.. installing takes to long meanwhile phone is not responding, the buttons are crap the plastic came off the button and i have it for like 5months. Battery is weak.. Typing is horrible on the 9860 .. if you like typing allot go for 9900 bold.