Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Help needed for my BB 9860 guys. Turns off WiFi = BB Shut off.

Hi everyone,

I've been experiencing this one particular issue for more than 1 year already whereby whenever I switched off my WiFi (untick the box), my device will go off as if you pull out the battery. I've bring up this issue to RIM and they did suggest some solutions, but all of them are not working. this is what have I did as part of the 'solutions':

- reinstall OS
    - Downgraded my OS
    - Security Wipe

Nothing at the above works , I still facing this issue every day and it seems no one knows what is really going on. Currently I'm running with v7.1.0.714, platform 5.1.0.532

Anyone experienced this before? How can I resolve this issue? Basically if I want to keep using my BB I will need to keep the WiFi on all the time, this is a bit frustrating as it consumes the battery quite a lot. I have to keep plug in the charger (at home, work, car etc) to keep the battery from running low fast. At least please let me know what is causing this so I that can be at peace
    Planned to upgrade to BB Z10, but in the mean time if you guys have any idea how to resolve this, please feel free to advice. Thanks a bunch.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hi, not sure if this is a solution, more of a weal work-around I guess. I'm thinking of you getting Smart Wifi a program that turns your wifi on and off depending upon locality settings. I haven't got it myself but its on my to-do list.
    My thinking is that the app will turn wifi off for you once you've set the app up.
    Clearly if your bug is linked to the wifi signal per se then this may not help.

Anyway, just a thought....!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey... Why Do You Want To Know?

On before updates, my phone used to shut off after changing from 3G-2G. Fixed on the latest, maybe try a hybrid? Try degrading one step. Reinstall?

Sent from my Nintendo NES
    Thanks For Reading My Post
    CrackBerry Abuser

Have you tried to wipe the phone entirely until error 507 and then reload the OS? If not maybe you can try it. You can use bbsak or jl_commander to wipe the phone and regarding the tutorial just search in this forum and you will find it easily.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

thanks for the response guys, I will try one by one and keep you guys posted on the outcome.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by ichat View Post
    On before updates, my phone used to shut off after changing from 3G-2G. Fixed on the latest, maybe try a hybrid? Try degrading one step. Reinstall?

hi there ichat,

thanks for responding, unfortunately I don't really get this solution you suggested. Pardon my english, would you mind elaborate more? i'm so sorry..

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by craighew View Post
    Hi, not sure if this is a solution, more of a weal work-around I guess. I'm thinking of you getting Smart Wifi a program that turns your wifi on and off depending upon locality settings. I haven't got it myself but its on my to-do list.
    My thinking is that the app will turn wifi off for you once you've set the app up.
    Clearly if your bug is linked to the wifi signal per se then this may not help.

Anyway, just a thought....!

hi craighew,

I've purchased and downloaded the mart wifi apps as per your suggestion, unfortunately the issue still occur will keep it and use on the BB Z10 in the future. Going to try other solutions as suggested above later. Anyway thank you very much for trying to help. God bless.

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by ichat View Post

Hi ichat,

I've tried degrading the OS, Reinstall and all..but still it won't do it. Thanks for your help anyway.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by abramadhi View Post
    Have you tried to wipe the phone entirely until error 507 and then reload the OS? If not maybe you can try it. You can use bbsak or jl_commander to wipe the phone and regarding the tutorial just search in this forum and you will find it easily.
    Hi abramadhi,

I've just tried the jl_commander method. Sadly it still doesn't fix it. What else can I do?

Thank you for trying to help by the way.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have the same problem, network shuts down on it's own whenever it feels like it. I've had one problem after another with this phone, it's the worst phone I've ever had. It also automatically highlights and deletes information at will. Right now I'm wiping it to try and start over.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Haptowns View Post
    I have the same problem, network shuts down on it's own whenever it feels like it. I've had one problem after another with this phone, it's the worst phone I've ever had. It also automatically highlights and deletes information at will. Right now I'm wiping it to try and start over.
    hi haptowns,

any luck?

CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

I know this post is very very old, but my BB9930 is having the same issue. This is the second time it's done this, the first time I had to replace it. I did however, accidentally plug the phone into my Android plug and that's when it started happening. I have did a security wipe of the phone to now avail. Does anybody have any fixes for this??