CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Help needed :'(

Hello,
    I have two major issues.

1) I got my BB Torch 9860 from a friend of mine who bought it from Australia. And now that i use it in India, its working fine with the normal carriers. But the issue is even though I have a working 2G plan from which I am able to browse the web, I am not able to use Facebook app in my phone, nor App world or GPS and other similar services. Also, I cant use my home WIFI connection.It shows connected to WIFI but the apps and browsers say that I am not connected to the internet.

2) After installing the BB Desktop Software on my PC, initially I was able to sync my pictures videos etc. Also, I was able to install apps on my phone from the pc at the beginning. But now my phone does not connect to the Desktop Software and I am no longer able to install apps from my pc to my phone.

My OS version is 7.0.0.296, Platform 5.0.0.496

Please help!!

I'm not sure if this will help or not but it sounds like you need to register the host routing table.

Go to Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Host Routing Table. Once you are there click the berry button and then click on "Register Now".

As for the PC to Phone issue, try restarting you computer, than restart you phone, hook it back up and try again.
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,913 Global Posts

Is your "working 2G plan" a BlackBerry specific data plan?

If not, then the "Facebook app in my phone, nor App world ... and other similar services" will not work even over WiFi.
    Thanked by:
    Pinak Chakraborty (11-16-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Help needed :'(

You need to have a blackberry internet service not a data plan to have those apps working in the blackberry device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Z10 + 64GB PB
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

thanks for the help .. but what about the connection issue.. I cant connect my phone to the Desktop Software. It shows "Connecting" for a long time and then it shows "Error while connecting" .. Do you think upgrading to version 7.1 will solve the issue ???
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey... Why Do You Want To Know?

Looks that you haven't activated the correct plan. Are you on airtel, Vodafone, idea? Ill look into the matter and what you can do to access these services as they are bis related systems and services.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.714 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    Thanks For Reading My Post
    Thanked by:
    Pinak Chakraborty (11-16-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey... Why Do You Want To Know?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinak Chakraborty View Post
    thanks for the help .. but what about the connection issue.. I cant connect my phone to the Desktop Software. It shows "Connecting" for a long time and then it shows "Error while connecting" .. Do you think upgrading to version 7.1 will solve the issue ???
    Try cleaning your usb ports with alcohol. Also, yes, download desktop software latest version.

Thanks For Reading My Post
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by ichat View Post
    Looks that you haven't activated the correct plan. Are you on airtel, Vodafone, idea? Ill look into the matter and what you can do to access these services as they are bis related systems and services.

I am on Idea. I upgraded my os to 7.0.0.579 , platform 5.0.0.735, even though i downloaded the update for 7.1..Not able to figure out how to get it to upgrade to7.1 now. The desktop manager is not showing the notification for update even after installing the 7.1 update patch again on my pc. I am able to use the services when on wifi now. Little relieved because of that.
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    5,762 Global Posts

Search for your 2 vendor.xml files on your pc. Delete them and DM will recognize the update. Don't forget to backup
    BB4Life

When using an OS that's not from your own carrier you will need to delete the vender files from your computer after installing the OS on your computer.

They can be found here:

C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

Here is a very good step by step instruction on how to install an OS from a different carrier from start to finish. Where it shows you where to delete the vender.xml you will need to also delete both of the ones I listed earlier...

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    Need help? Just ask.