Help needed :'(
I have two major issues.
1) I got my BB Torch 9860 from a friend of mine who bought it from Australia. And now that i use it in India, its working fine with the normal carriers. But the issue is even though I have a working 2G plan from which I am able to browse the web, I am not able to use Facebook app in my phone, nor App world or GPS and other similar services. Also, I cant use my home WIFI connection.It shows connected to WIFI but the apps and browsers say that I am not connected to the internet.
2) After installing the BB Desktop Software on my PC, initially I was able to sync my pictures videos etc. Also, I was able to install apps on my phone from the pc at the beginning. But now my phone does not connect to the Desktop Software and I am no longer able to install apps from my pc to my phone.
My OS version is 220.127.116.116, Platform 18.104.22.1686
- 11-15-2012, 05:22 PM #2
I'm not sure if this will help or not but it sounds like you need to register the host routing table.
Go to Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Host Routing Table. Once you are there click the berry button and then click on "Register Now".
As for the PC to Phone issue, try restarting you computer, than restart you phone, hook it back up and try again.
- 11-15-2012, 05:54 PM #3
Is your "working 2G plan" a BlackBerry specific data plan?
If not, then the "Facebook app in my phone, nor App world ... and other similar services" will not work even over WiFi.
thanks for the help .. but what about the connection issue.. I cant connect my phone to the Desktop Software. It shows "Connecting" for a long time and then it shows "Error while connecting" .. Do you think upgrading to version 7.1 will solve the issue ???
- 11-16-2012, 05:17 AM #6
Help needed :'(
Looks that you haven't activated the correct plan. Are you on airtel, Vodafone, idea? Ill look into the matter and what you can do to access these services as they are bis related systems and services.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 22.214.171.1244 with Tapatalk and my fingersThanks For Reading My Post
- 11-16-2012, 05:18 AM #7Thanks For Reading My Post
I am on Idea. I upgraded my os to 126.96.36.1999 , platform 188.8.131.525, even though i downloaded the update for 7.1..Not able to figure out how to get it to upgrade to7.1 now. The desktop manager is not showing the notification for update even after installing the 7.1 update patch again on my pc. I am able to use the services when on wifi now. Little relieved because of that.
- 11-16-2012, 08:52 AM #10BB4Life
- 11-16-2012, 09:52 AM #11
When using an OS that's not from your own carrier you will need to delete the vender files from your computer after installing the OS on your computer.
They can be found here:
C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
- 11-16-2012, 09:55 AM #12
Here is a very good step by step instruction on how to install an OS from a different carrier from start to finish. Where it shows you where to delete the vender.xml you will need to also delete both of the ones I listed earlier...
How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
- By jake.sadie in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 11-14-2009, 11:52 AM
- By LovelessInk in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 5Last Post: 10-13-2009, 07:41 PM
- By cracksyd in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 10-25-2007, 07:46 PM
- By jordon28 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 08-27-2007, 05:54 PM
- By DjKrIsP in forum BBOS WallpapersReplies: 4Last Post: 07-25-2007, 03:34 PM