- CrackBerry Abuser
02-05-2013, 04:48 PM #2
- 365 Posts
You may have a 9860 manufactured on the wrong 3g bands for America (1-4-8) and you can only use 2G EDGE/GPRS.
America /Canada uses (1-2-5-6) and there is no work around. Best to sell it and buy a 9850
Bell/Telus/Rogers all use 850 (Band 2) and/or 1900 (Band 5), so the 1/4/8 device wouldn't have 3G service on those networks.
Thank you Fabio1.
Do you know of a way of determining what bands it is using?
When I spoke with Black Berry Customer Support, they suggested I contact Vodafone UK and ask to have it disassociated from Vodafone. I had supplied them with the PIN # and their response suggestd to me that might be a solution.
- CrackBerry User
02-07-2013, 06:28 PM #5
- 19 Posts
Just to let you know, my AWS Wind/Mobilicity has 3G bands 1, 4, 8 and if unlocked and you try a sim card from Wind/Mobilicity/Videotron/T-Mobile and it works than consider yourself very lucky in that you have a very rare in demand 9860 with a high resale value. Just to give you a heads up. Rets.
- By Phillip_1972 in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 05-10-2010, 06:56 PM
- By Spectrumpigg in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 11Last Post: 01-06-2010, 10:22 PM
- By Starvision in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 2Last Post: 01-09-2009, 01:38 PM
- By jyew in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 5Last Post: 08-09-2008, 03:10 PM
- By Optimus_Prime in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 02-14-2008, 01:05 PM