Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default HELP!!!! Blackberry Torch 9850 keeps rebooting

Right my phone has been rebooting itself 24/7 today, must have done it like 300 times. i have no idea what to do /: when it does eventually work for all of like 2 mins, the touch screen doesnt work & the app world button dissapears. Please help its driving me crazy x
    CrackBerry Abuser

Have you attempted a battery pull, yet? (Remove the battery from the device, wait a minute, then reinsert the battery.) See if that will break the recycling of the phone, then let us know what happens next.
    Thanked by:
    LisaJadeee (10-27-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FDC***

Mine did the same thing, after battery pull it DID NOT correct my issue. I had to reload software via DM and that fixed mine.
    TRUSKATER

Sprint, Truly unlimited!

Previous devices: 7100i (Charm) ~ 7130e ~ 8703 (Electron) ~ 8130 (Pearl) ~ 8830 (World Edition) ~ 8330 (Curve) ~ 9630 (Tour) ~ 9670 (Style)
    Thanked by:
    LisaJadeee (10-27-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Default Thanks but....

Na that doesnt work, tried all that todaay and now it wont even turn on my mate connected to my computer to upgrade software? and it doesnt do anything and the computer says its not connected
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FDC***

Sometimes you have to remove battery while plugged in then let it reboot, have you tried that?
    TRUSKATER

Sprint, Truly unlimited!

Previous devices: 7100i (Charm) ~ 7130e ~ 8703 (Electron) ~ 8130 (Pearl) ~ 8830 (World Edition) ~ 8330 (Curve) ~ 9630 (Tour) ~ 9670 (Style)
    Thanked by:
    LisaJadeee (10-27-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Done all of that /: it all fails x
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Used these instructions (downloaded from this forum) several times with my storm1 and storm 2. This should work fine for your 9850. You just need to have the latest OS installed on your PC.

INSTRUCTIONS (You better have backed up your phone already!)

1) Take the battery out of your Storm

2) On your computer, go to Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>AppLoader and open up the Loader.exe

3) Plug your phone into your computer with the battery still OUT

4) Click "Next"

5) Your drop down menu will either read "unknown" or it will display your PIN. Hit "Next"

6) If you have a password, enter it and hit "Next". If you dont have one skip this step

7) You will see the Loader.exe trying to connect to the device, immediately put the battery back into the phone

8) The list of items should be the next screen to come up! If the OS on the screen is not the one you wanted, or if there is no OS software on the list, you can click the "Add..." button, find the folder the OS you want is in and open all files in that folder.

9) Once the list is populated with all of the software that you want, be sure to check or uncheck to your specifications

10) Hit "Next"

11) After its done loading you will have to use DM to restore all of your data, and then go and get your apps back from wherever you originally downloaded them from
    CrackBerry Addict

There have been ocassions where a memory card error has cause eternal rebooting...might wanna try removing that first before an OS reload.

Mark
    @allaboutmybb
    www.allaboutmybb.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    27E7049D

This happens to my wifes phone every once in a while, she's using an unlocked Sprint 9850. Here's what I do to get it working again :- Do a battery pull and while it's rebooting hold down the escape key until it boots-up this will put your phone into safe mode if the phone is still rebooting even in safe mode then do another batter pull and put it in safe mode again and this time just do a device wipe. the phone will reboot into a white screen and it will wipe the device completely. After this the rebooting always stops (at least in my case) you'll obviously have to restore all your data though.
    The Truth Is A Lie, A Lie Is The Truth, There Is No Truth In Truth, There Is Only A Lie. Discover This And Only Then Do You Know The Truth.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    333AE50D

Damn, wish I would have known all this earlier. Had to get a replacement a week after I got the phone because of this problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    514 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa_1969 View Post
    This happens to my wifes phone every once in a while, she's using an unlocked Sprint 9850. Here's what I do to get it working again :- Do a battery pull and while it's rebooting hold down the escape key until it boots-up this will put your phone into safe mode if the phone is still rebooting even in safe mode then do another batter pull and put it in safe mode again and this time just do a device wipe. the phone will reboot into a white screen and it will wipe the device completely. After this the rebooting always stops (at least in my case) you'll obviously have to restore all your data though.
    That is quite a PITA to have to deal with. Perhaps a warranty replacement is in order?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    760 Global Posts

that's what I did. Had to call verizon. It's more of a hassle for me though. They had to unsuspend my account do the warranty replacement then resuspend my account. They also don't ship to APO so it has to goto my mom then to me... I'm without a phone for several weeks
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi
    Have the same problem with my bb rebooting non stop.
    I have tried all what's written on this page with my 9850 torch. And couldn't do anything cuz my computer keeps plugging the phone and unplugging it as my bb doesn't wanna stay in a certain state (led on/led off) thats with the battery pulled out.
    On the app loader software My pin appears, and I press the next button to go on with the installation, but when i do so, boom, it gives me the unplugged sound and can't work it.
    If I try with the battery in, its kinda the same thing, only that it takes longer for the bb to unplug, as the ''loading bottom line'' on bb loads till it gets a little before the end line, and restarts again. thus not being re install the os in any way.
    any recommendations please? what should I/can do?