Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Having Problems with OS 7.1 (v7.1.0.205)

Ok so i-ve installed this os to my 9860 and at first it was amazing but within hours of using the phone started running kind of slow. After days of having the OS 7.1 its just crazy! the phone is acting slow and its just driving me nuts!

Ok so here is my question!! Do you guys thing i should downgrade it to the OS 7.0, the one it came with? if so, do you guys know where i can get it from?
    PLEASE HELP ME!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2B2790D7 Z30

You can get the latest OS for each provider here:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

I've been thinking about doing the upgrade myself but havent' gotten around to it so I'm still on 7.0

Mike
    CrackBerry Abuser

OP - did you do any battery pulls after the upgrade? Can you elaborate on "acting crazy"? I have 7.1.0.205 and have no such issues.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2B631BE4

don't you face huge memory drain almost 40-50mb/day, suretype virtual keypad lags a lot. its irritating most of time.
    Z30/10.3.2.2339
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by prithvi64 View Post
    don't you face huge memory drain almost 40-50mb/day, suretype virtual keypad lags a lot. its irritating most of time.
    same for me...i reboot my phone every morning and i lose almost 75-100mb per day its crazy...i get often the clock but its not even moving...just frozen for 15 seconds im really waiting for another 7.1 realese
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

I had similar issues. I deleted some apps to reduce my memory but then realized it was the stupid memory leaks causing the issues. The phone is running out of memory, hence the hourglass. What I was did was to install QuickPull and then had it reset my phone at 3:00am every day to recover that memory and the phone is working a lot better. This may be my last BB unless BB can get the stuff together. I am so over having issues with my BB. My how the mighty have fallen...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey

memory drain, loss of voice search on googlemaps, loss of bluetooth control on vlingo, car charger intermittent failure.
    if you only suffer from the first issue, i'd suggest Meterberry or Quickpull and schedule a daily (or even a twice daily) reset. it's fast and painless. Otherwise, do a downgrade from DM (which i did; also quick and painless). a search will reveal a source for blackberry diagnostic tools which, if you miss them from 7.1, you can add on to 7.0
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Sir Glaurung the Great

Default I knew I shouldn't do it........

As to the 7.1 update from VZW, I had feeling that would be the case. The original OS (7.0 bundle 1739) is rock solid. Battery use is less than .7/hr, with wifi, BT on, GPS on. Using phone intermittantly and texting. Sometimes bridged to PB. I get about 2 days on a charge.

I think the only reason 7.1 was rolled out was to get out the "wifi-hotspot" out and be able to charge data for the bits. Thanks VZW for "looking out for us".

I will wait and leave my original os installed untill we see a stable one/or a stable hybrid.

Once I found the sweet os hybrid for my old trust Storm 2 that thing was sweet. Once I played with the 9850 torch, the os blew me away. Speed, fluidity, and reliability. Had to go with the torch, but will wait to update/upgrade os.

My 2 pennies.

C
    CrackBerry User

I downgraded my phone back to 7.0.0.374 and have been really happy good battery life, Vlingo works with BT, and seems more stable. I was going to try out the hot spot feature but that is not a big need. Especially since I have to add another $20 to my cell bill with VZW. I have the tether app and that has worked for me when I have needed it, it is more of a backup plan when I don't have wireless.

I am going to wait for the next update, hoping RIM fixes some of the quirky issues with 7.1 before I try updating, also hope Vlingo updates their app to work with 7.1 too. I use the Vlingo to send a quick text by voice while driving so I my eyes don't leave the road works extremely well, especially with the convenience key giving quick access without having to look at phone to find the app.
    CrackBerry User

Similar problems here:
    - occasional clock wait for 10-15 seconds (the clock itself does not spin anymore)
    - occasional freeze for 10-15 seconds with no clock symbol
    - loses memory about 80MB per day, so I have to reboot every day at 4 a.m.
    - speed dial often needs a very long (3-5 seconds) press and hold to activate
    - dialpad often shows garbled characters instead of numbers when numeric key is pressed (need to exit dialpad and come back in again)

But I love the HotSpot function, so I am holding on to 7.1 waiting for the next release.
    CrackBerry Abuser

folks .267 for 9860 is out, have a go and see

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ked-os-698216/
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by CarGuyDude View Post
    I had similar issues. I deleted some apps to reduce my memory but then realized it was the stupid memory leaks causing the issues. The phone is running out of memory, hence the hourglass. What I was did was to install QuickPull and then had it reset my phone at 3:00am every day to recover that memory and the phone is working a lot better. This may be my last BB unless BB can get the stuff together. I am so over having issues with my BB. My how the mighty have fallen...
    So is quickpull ok to install in your opinion? After reading the reviews in APP WORLD I was hesitant to download it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by dkc9646 View Post
    So is quickpull ok to install in your opinion? After reading the reviews in APP WORLD I was hesitant to download it.
    I've never tired Quickpull, but I have used RestartMe and it works great for FREE. Meterberry does this function as well + monitor Battery and Memory drain patterns, but comes at a cost.
    Thanked by:
    dkc9646 (02-18-12) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,174 Global Posts

I upgraded from .190 to latest leak .267. No problems so far. The smoothest upgrade, I done yet. I would suggest to do the same:

JumboFiles.com - Dedicated Hosting

9860_7.1.0.267 - Downloads - BlackBerryOS.com

FileFactory Premium

Evolution of Communication: Rotary Phone > Dial Tone > Motorola Walkie-talkie > Nokia 2160 > Nokia 6190 > Samsung a460 > Samsung a920 > BB 8700 > BB 9530 > BB 9860 > PlayBook > Z10 > HTC One X+>Z30