Having Problems with OS 7.1 (v18.104.22.168)
02-18-12 12:08 PM
- Ok so i-ve installed this os to my 9860 and at first it was amazing but within hours of using the phone started running kind of slow. After days of having the OS 7.1 its just crazy! the phone is acting slow and its just driving me nuts!
Ok so here is my question!! Do you guys thing i should downgrade it to the OS 7.0, the one it came with? if so, do you guys know where i can get it from?
PLEASE HELP ME!02-13-12 11:09 AM
- You can get the latest OS for each provider here:
BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
I've been thinking about doing the upgrade myself but havent' gotten around to it so I'm still on 7.0
Mike02-13-12 12:00 PM
- 02-14-12 08:42 PM
- I had similar issues. I deleted some apps to reduce my memory but then realized it was the stupid memory leaks causing the issues. The phone is running out of memory, hence the hourglass. What I was did was to install QuickPull and then had it reset my phone at 3:00am every day to recover that memory and the phone is working a lot better. This may be my last BB unless BB can get the stuff together. I am so over having issues with my BB. My how the mighty have fallen...02-15-12 03:33 AM
- memory drain, loss of voice search on googlemaps, loss of bluetooth control on vlingo, car charger intermittent failure.
if you only suffer from the first issue, i'd suggest Meterberry or Quickpull and schedule a daily (or even a twice daily) reset. it's fast and painless. Otherwise, do a downgrade from DM (which i did; also quick and painless). a search will reveal a source for blackberry diagnostic tools which, if you miss them from 7.1, you can add on to 7.002-15-12 04:48 AM
- As to the 7.1 update from VZW, I had feeling that would be the case. The original OS (7.0 bundle 1739) is rock solid. Battery use is less than .7/hr, with wifi, BT on, GPS on. Using phone intermittantly and texting. Sometimes bridged to PB. I get about 2 days on a charge.
I think the only reason 7.1 was rolled out was to get out the "wifi-hotspot" out and be able to charge data for the bits. Thanks VZW for "looking out for us".
I will wait and leave my original os installed untill we see a stable one/or a stable hybrid.
Once I found the sweet os hybrid for my old trust Storm 2 that thing was sweet. Once I played with the 9850 torch, the os blew me away. Speed, fluidity, and reliability. Had to go with the torch, but will wait to update/upgrade os.
My 2 pennies.
C02-15-12 10:27 AM
- I downgraded my phone back to 22.214.171.1244 and have been really happy good battery life, Vlingo works with BT, and seems more stable. I was going to try out the hot spot feature but that is not a big need. Especially since I have to add another $20 to my cell bill with VZW. I have the tether app and that has worked for me when I have needed it, it is more of a backup plan when I don't have wireless.
I am going to wait for the next update, hoping RIM fixes some of the quirky issues with 7.1 before I try updating, also hope Vlingo updates their app to work with 7.1 too. I use the Vlingo to send a quick text by voice while driving so I my eyes don't leave the road works extremely well, especially with the convenience key giving quick access without having to look at phone to find the app.02-16-12 07:41 AM
- Similar problems here:
- occasional clock wait for 10-15 seconds (the clock itself does not spin anymore)
- occasional freeze for 10-15 seconds with no clock symbol
- loses memory about 80MB per day, so I have to reboot every day at 4 a.m.
- speed dial often needs a very long (3-5 seconds) press and hold to activate
- dialpad often shows garbled characters instead of numbers when numeric key is pressed (need to exit dialpad and come back in again)
But I love the HotSpot function, so I am holding on to 7.1 waiting for the next release.02-16-12 10:37 AM
- folks .267 for 9860 is out, have a go and see
http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ked-os-698216/02-16-12 05:31 PM
- I had similar issues. I deleted some apps to reduce my memory but then realized it was the stupid memory leaks causing the issues. The phone is running out of memory, hence the hourglass. What I was did was to install QuickPull and then had it reset my phone at 3:00am every day to recover that memory and the phone is working a lot better. This may be my last BB unless BB can get the stuff together. I am so over having issues with my BB. My how the mighty have fallen...02-17-12 08:06 PM
- 02-18-12 12:00 PMLike 1
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- BlackBerry Torch 9860/9850
Having Problems with OS 7.1 (v126.96.36.199)
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD