Having to manually re-register on the network
I noticed the other day that certain apps (Facebook, Weather Channel, My Verizon) would not connect or refresh. I received a message that the app couldn't connect with the server. Oddly enough, I was able to get my emails, texts and browse the internet just fine. Battery pull made no difference. When I checked the Service Status, everything looked connected fine. I went and re-registered in the Host Routing Table, got the confirmation notice that my handheld has been registered with the network and everything worked again. Worked fine for a few days, happened again. My question is why is this happening? I notice it when I am at home - great 3G and home wifi signal, nothing new or unusual happening that I am aware of. The only way I notice that I am having an issue is if I try to open one of the affected apps - Facebook, Weather Channel, etc.). Any thoughts?
- 10-13-2012, 10:46 AM #2
Re: Having to manually re-register on the network
Are you in the UK? If so, are you on o2 by any chance? I am, and their service has been a right sh*t fest today!BB's so-far.... 8300, 8330, 8707v, 8900, 9000, 9105, 9300, 9700, 9780, 9800, 9860, 9900, 9860, 32gb Playbook, Ipad2, another BNIB 9700., and now back to my all-time favourite - the 9105! Whooaa. Scrap that. I have just took the plunge and bought a shiny new white Z10. Bad move. Moved to iPhone 5s. Hey - scrap that also!! I'm back with BB with my shiny new Z30!!
I like to throw tin cans at people, twice if they support E*e*er City.
- By JonB74 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 9Last Post: 01-22-2010, 07:36 AM
- By CalxDesign in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 10-06-2009, 09:22 AM
- By mahiem101 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 08-05-2009, 09:23 PM
- By jason0423 in forum SprintReplies: 4Last Post: 06-25-2009, 02:39 PM
- By jason0423 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 06-22-2009, 12:55 PM