Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Joltcola1234
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Has freezing at 75-80% on boot become a common problem?

I'm not noticing more and more people posting about this problem and it doesn't seem to be isolated to the 9860. I've seen people complaining about this happening on both the the Bold 9900, and the Curve 8310.

I'm wondering how many people are having this problem and if they are what have they done to fix it? I've had my 9860 now for almost a year and my phone started having this problem during the summer. My phone started to become sluggish and was periodically freezing (no hour glass spinning). This seemed to happen for basically no reason, it wasn't after a software update or the installation of any new apps so I was perplexed. I tried a battery pull and for the first time I noticed the phone locking up at about a 75% load bar. The first few times that this happened I had to do another battery pull after the load bar froze, sometimes 2 or 3 before the load bar would finally fill and the phone would boot back up. This of course did little to fix my phone from freezing as it would almost immediately start happening again after the battery pull was successful.

This went on for a good month or so and then my phone started booting normally again. It would still freeze up at about 75% but then would manage to move again after about 5 mins. Recently I've upgraded to the newer OS versions (a few days ago I upgraded to OS 7.1.0.714, and then today I upgraded again to the latest OS 7.1.0.746) the situation, at least for now, seems to have remedied itself.

Just wondering how many others have had this problem and if they have, what have they done about it?
    Searzy likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts

Default Re: Has freezing at 75-80% on boot become a common problem?

My wife's 9850 had this issue on 7.1. A downgrade to 7.0 seemed to fix it.

No issues with my 9900.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm having same problem. already tried to downgrade and upgrade. still same. freeze on 70-80% boot.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    PIN
    3308ccd0

Default Has freezing at 75-80% on boot become a common problem?

I've had mine stop at the 80ish% mark before too. This is what I do. Take a few deep breaths(my personal mobile telecomputing devic e is booting up). Tell myself to have a little patience and find something else to do for a few minutes. Rejoice when my handheld computer is up and running again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm experiencing it right now. ALL other 7.1 updates no problems at all.

Updated last night, worked fine. Woke up this morning on a reboot - frozen at 75%.

Managed to get the PC to recognize the phone, and Ia m currently trying to re-load the new .746 update.

If unsuccessful, I will downgrade back to .714.
    Z10 till I die...

searzyOUT!!
    CrackBerry User

This was happening to my 9850. I ended up turning off the memory cleaner and it hasn't done it since.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    69,770 Global Posts

Not for me. It pauses for a bit there but not for real long.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry User

Same for me no freezing it only hangs for a while at 75% then after a few minute's it went on with loading. ( just be patient )
    CrackBerry Abuser

*****HELP

I tried to upgrade from leaked .714 to .746.... It was successful, however now will only boot to 75%.

It's Nuked!

SO, I followed the Nuked process...
    I completely wiped te device using BBSAK - which took a few trie to get the PC to recognize the device.
    THEN
    Did the App Loader install (after deleteing the vendor.xml file... 1 as usual, right?)
    App Loader recognizes pin right away - There's NO "PIN UNKNOWN" (I got it like the 1st time, then everything else was device pin).
    I make it to the "app load" section (which I also get with a recognized pin)
    PROCESS
    BUT
    Device will only boot to 75%.. then cut out PC recognition like 5 seconds after.

Am I doing something wrong?

PLEASE ADVISE.
    Z10 till I die...

searzyOUT!!

There are two locations for the vender.xml files.

C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

Thanked by:
    Searzy (11-14-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

This leak has 2 vendor files?

Will Vendordelete+ search and delete?

Will this clear up the instant recognized pin - So I can App Load successfully?
    Z10 till I die...

searzyOUT!!

Most OSs now come with both of those vender.xml files so I'm guessing that leak does as well.

I don't use venderdelete so I'm not sure if it will delete both. I always delete them manually.

I believe the recognition problem is in the computers registry files, not the loader files.
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

CrackBerry Abuser

How would I go about correcting the registry issue?
    (I've already tried uninstall / reinstall)
    Z10 till I die...

searzyOUT!!

A lot of people have had success using CCleaner to help with registry issues. CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
    Need help? Just ask.

CrackBerry Abuser

Hi,

Problem solved. I used a program called - BB MCP - BlackBerry Master Control... It offers MORE than BBSAK - BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife... see thread below:

Wiped & Loaded 5times but it still freezes at 75% during booting
    Z10 till I die...

searzyOUT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Searzy View Post
    Hi,

Problem solved. I used a program called - BB MCP - BlackBerry Master Control... It offers MORE than BBSAK - BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife... see thread below:

Wiped & Loaded 5times but it still freezes at 75% during booting
    BBMCP is a nice program. Glad you got your problems solved.
    Need help? Just ask.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts

I have been having this happen for a while, but if you're patient, it will load. It's not frozen.

I believe it may be related to how much data you have loaded on your memory card, though this is merely speculation on my part.

I suggest going to "storage" under options and press the menu button and repair both built-in media and media card, then reboot.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Blackberry 9860 freezing at 75% during boot up

i own a blackberry 9860 branded by AT&T. i have experienced the blackberry freezing at boot up at about 75%. Using the blackberry Master Control program solves the problem TEMPORARILY. downgrading to 7.0 makes the problem happen less often but does not solve it completely. That has been my experience.

I bought my device directly from AT&T at full price for use on another carrier. They provided me with the unlock code. I really like the 9860 and would buy it all over again if there was no Blackberry 10. However this freezing problem is very inconvenient especially when there is no local blackberry service center in the region and you are out of warranty. i guess its time to let go and upgrade.
    Last edited by ob1tomi; 11-24-2013 at 03:31 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

sometimes it takes quite long at about 65% and I have to detach the battery and re-put again to solve this problem
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

i had the same problem. battery pulls, waiting, re-loading the os many times(different versions)
    but i decided to try JL commander and i " reset to factory " and my bb 9810 booted up
    but for me it all started when i installed an app and media files
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi.....Mine is actually frozen. It was stuck there for about 4 hours. I pulled the battery, and even tried to restart in safe mode.I plugged it in to the computer and reloaded the software..... no luck......just stops during reboot. And i'm not impatient. believe me.....it just sat OVERNIGHT in the same spot. going to try the BBMCP