CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Freezing issues

Anybody else experiencing random freezing issues? It's about once or twice a week in various places. A battery pull fixes it but I thought these issues were pretty much behind us now....hmmmm, this is no bueno.
    margaritas and senoritas-time well wasted!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yes it has been discussed here a few times. I find that if I just wait it out when it freezes then in a minute or two everything will catch up. I don't like it but still better than my Storms.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

I installed leaked OS .440 and it fixed it
    CrackBerry User

Also dont use tomany app's and that fix's it too. Thing about Blackberrys is that app's some keep running in memory.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,398 Global Posts

Yeh same ive had this on the phone ever since i bought it. but the 440 update hasnt fixed it although the freezing is not as long as before on webpages its still the same in the home screen.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    32FDEA14

I also have several freezes daily, I really like the phone but my wifes iphone is looking better and better..
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    PIN
    no problem-- just ask

Shut down any apps running in the background if you have them. Freezes are most likely caused by apps doing blocking calls in the background, and since these phones have a single-core processor it will hang the UI for a minute (especially in less-than-ideal network situations).
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default No more Freezing !!

I deleted the free app Drive Safely, rebooted and my torch has not froze since..
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    311A4A53

Well mines freezing everyday 2 or 3 times yes a battery pull does fix it, I hope that they have a update for it. Sprint has Put out a update for it.

CrackBerry Genius

Mine freezes occasionally... say, 10 seconds? Dont know what causes it to hang up but it generally unfreezes afterward. The recent update reduced the length of time it stays frozen but the episodes are still there. About the only bug i could find on the 9850 and, as an owner of both S1 and S2 previously.... i can say, i can live with this.Im sure it will get fixed eventually.

CrackBerry User

PIN
    32FDEA14

I have tried every option, reboots, delete all my apps, memory boosters. I am at witts end, please fix this ......
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by kb5zht View Post
    Im sure it will get fixed epventually.
    Don't bet on it...

CrackBerry Master

If Rim is really pushing os 7 in ways of commercials and everything else, and this is to be their biggest and best before bbx arrives one would think they would correct as many problems as possible. I got browser closing issues I'm not able to hide pictures and about five other issues going on that I'd like to see corrected but all in all this phone has much more possibilities then either my storm one or storm two. I just hope all the updates aren't few and far inbetween asmy storm one and two. Rim should start striving for perfection if they want to impress with bbx otherwise its going to be just another buggy bb

CrackBerry User

PIN
    32FDEA14

My wife and I came to BB after leaving palm pre, she has since moved on and had gotten a iphone. I think the only thing keeping me from doing the same is our two playbooks. I can stand the fact that now she is happy and I have to pull my battery out at least twice a day, this happens on both of our 9850 .....
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    2852D8F3

I think we should all contact Blackberry about this issue a totally new phone running new software and more people than enough are having issues with the phone freezing. you would think RIM would have had all this sorted now. My younger Brother has the 9900 and rarely has freezing issues and his bb is loaded with apps. If RIM continue to produce devices like this people will eventually leave and RIM will fail and i for one dont want that as believe it or not like Blackberry for there smartness and simplicity

Andy