Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Free Shazam Encore available for 9860, but not 9850?

While web browsing on my PC, I just noticed that Shazam Encore has now been added to the complimentary app list on App World. I was excited about that, as this is an app from the freebie list that I actually wanted on my 9850.

But, the list of compatible devices includes the 9810, 9860, 9900, and 9930...but NOT the 9850!! When accessing App World from my device, Shazam Encore is not available for download to my 9850!

What's going on here? Why would the 9860 (and all the other OS 7 devices) be supported by this app, but not the 9850??

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

ive noticed and read that in a few threads now. diff apps not available for diff phones running the same OS. i just downloaded this app on my 9860 and it works great so hopefully they'll make available soon to the 9850 as well
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    862 Global Posts

Shazaam isn't showing up on my 9850 either. That makes no sense. In App World, it really should treat the 9850 and 9860 as the same phone. I don't really care about Shazaam though, since I don't listen to music on the radio anyway.

I was looking forward to Bejeweled 2, but of course its not compatible with OS 7. I tried DriveSafe.ly Pro but that was buggy. So far I just have Bubble Bash 2, which is cool but it takes so long to load.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,254 Global Posts

the only thing i can think of, and im pretty confident this is the answer, is that Verizon is blocking the app so you are forced to use their own SongID app or whatever its called.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    782 Global Posts

which works very well. So I don't know why you wouldn't haha. (Vcast SongID) I'll let you all know eventually when my replacement 9850 arrives from the states (living in Japan) since it will be an unlocked 9850 on docomo I'll let you know if it shows up for me. Unless someone else beats me to it.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,254 Global Posts

well there are reports in another thread that people with verizon see the update and have installed it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp55 View Post
    While web browsing on my PC, I just noticed that Shazam Encore has now been added to the complimentary app list on App World. I was excited about that, as this is an app from the freebie list that I actually wanted on my 9850.

But, the list of compatible devices includes the 9810, 9860, 9900, and 9930...but NOT the 9850!! When accessing App World from my device, Shazam Encore is not available for download to my 9850!

What's going on here? Why would the 9860 (and all the other OS 7 devices) be supported by this app, but not the 9850??

Have you tried searching for it in App World? For me, it wasn't with the other free premium apps. I only had 2 apps, Bubble Bash 2 and DriveSafe.ly. But when I searched and downloaded it, it got included with the other 2 even though it still says that I have 2 gift apps only.
    CrackBerry Abuser

If you have a 9860 and have shazam installed on your phone, will you please share the COD with us 9850 users who were left in the dust.

Here is a thread explaining what I'm talking about along with instructions on how to get the COD files and what to do with them.

Thanks a bunch.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Have you tried resetting the cache for App world?

For BlackBerry App World 3.0 on a BlackBerry 9500/9530/9850/9860:

1. Launch the BlackBerry App World application.
    2. Ensure the smartphone is being held in the landscape position.
    3. Activate the onscreen keyboard by pressing the menu key and select Show Keyboard.
    4. Press the shift key and then the ALT key (&%123) to lock into shift mode.
    5. Type the following characters in sequence: 34(

P.S you may not have to do step 4, just skip it..

anyway works for me, shows 3 apps now for free.

Regrds
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,270 Global Posts

Not available for 9850. I found it by scanning the apps bar code, but this is what I get -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Free Shazam Encore available for 9860, but not 9850?-shazam.jpg  
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,270 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
    well there are reports in another thread that people with verizon see the update and have installed it.
    Where is that thread - can't find it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by jhimmel View Post
    I don't know either. But I doubt vzw is blocking it. the 9930 is listed as a compatible device. vzw customers with the 9930 are probably the ones that are saying they've downloaded it.

But the 9850 for some reason isn't on the device list. Likely an oversight. I see no reason why the 9860 can have it but not the 9850.

I really wish someone with a 9860 would made the cod file available to us as I referenced in my above post.
    Last edited by bobaloo; 10-29-2011 at 11:56 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,270 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobaloo View Post
    I don't know either. But I doubt vzw is blocking it. the 9930 is listed as a compatible device. vzw customers with the 9930 are probably the ones that are saying they've downloaded it.

But the 9850 for some reason isn't on the device list. Likely an oversite. I see no reason why the 9860 can have it but not the 9850.

I really wish someone with a 9860 would made the cod file available to us as I referenced in my above post.
    Oh, I see - people with Verizon BB's have downloaded it, just not BB 9850's. Yes, that makes sense. If Verizon is not blocking it, I agree it's probably an oversight that will hopefully get corrected.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,270 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steviecan View Post
    Here is the list of compatible devices that work with "shazam encore" from blackberry app world.

Free Shazam Encore - Compliments of BlackBerry® - Download Shazam Encore - Compliments of BlackBerry® - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

Scroll down a bit on right side of page to "supported devices" and click. I downloaded the app without any issues on to my Bold 9900 and Curve 9360 directly from my phone. While in the app world app, you type in the search bar "shazam encore". It will take you directly to download for any supported device.
    Yes, we know that. The 9850 is not on the list. We just don't understand WHY.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,270 Global Posts

I sent and email to the author. I'll let you know if they respond.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts

Bubble Bash 2 was the same way for a while: available on the 9860 but not 9850. There is no technical reason for an app to be available on one and not the other, since they are identical with the only difference being that the 9850 supports CDMA and a few GSM bands, and the 9860 does not support CDMA but supports more GSM bands. Probably an oversight by the developer where they specify supported devices.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

I sent and email to the author. I'll let you know if they respond.
    Great idea. I just sent an inquiry, also. Perhaps if a number of 9850 owners contact Shazam customer support then something can be done.

If anyone else is interested in expressing your support for including the 9850 in the compatible devices list, here is is the e-mail address to contact:

blackberry.support@shazamteam.com
    Thanked by:
    eclipse33 (10-30-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

I emailed them almost the second I found out it wasn't available for the 9850

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

I can't find it again either. But, read about uninstalling the Shazam free version helping, it didn't .

I did the AppWorld cache reset and it shows I have 3 gifts available...but opening the folder only shows the first 2...
    Discontent is the first necessity of progress --Thomas A. Edison
    drkapprentice @drkapprentice Email drkapprentice4help@gmail.com for questions or comments.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Look what popped up in the App World carousel...first app is Shazam - in another language. Clicking it brings you to the app page but says the app isn't available for this device. Hopefully this means its coming soon...
    Free Shazam Encore available for 9860, but not 9850?-capture20_32_9.jpg
    Last edited by FrankPCS; 11-01-2011 at 12:24 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Hopefully this means its coming soon...
    Everything with RIM is "coming soon".

I own a 9850 and feel a little slighted that rim chose this as a comoensation app for their outtage F-up and its not available to their customers.
    ============================

Please, God, for another day grant me
    the wisdom to know the difference.

============================
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

Some good news!

I received an e-mail reply today from Shazam customer support to my earlier inquiry to them regarding availability of this app for the 9850. In the reply, they stated that the 9850 should be added to the list of compatible devices on App World by the end of this week. So, hopefully, we will have access to it soon!
    CrackBerry Addict

An hour ago I went in BBAppWorld on my pc and looked under the gifts and Shazam was there and available for 9850!!! Downloaded it and it didn't work till I deleted the free version off my phone. Still doesn't show up in AppWorld on my phone though. It downloaded and is working perfectly! Try it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I just checked and it came up! I'm downloading it now before it dissapears! :P
    CrackBerry Genius

Same here. Just downloaded it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    Discontent is the first necessity of progress --Thomas A. Edison
    drkapprentice @drkapprentice Email drkapprentice4help@gmail.com for questions or comments.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast