Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jacjov
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation END key not working!

The button just stopped working one day and now I have to pull the battery out to end a call...Super annoying.

I was thinking of taking it apart, maybe there's something stuck?

Any help would be much appreciated!
    CrackBerry Addict

did it fall
    CrackBerry Addict

there suppose to be a feature in phone settings, where you change your ringtones you can auto end calls
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Mine started acting up last week. Have to hang up calls with my bluetooth. My third Torch is supposed to arrive today. Call in and get a replacement!
    STORM>STORM2>TORCH>Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts

Made in Mexico
    CrackBerry Abuser

I mentioned this in another thread:

It sounds like it could be a similar but slightly different symptom caused by some type of ground issue with the buttons. If it is, then holding the end button while touching the send button should get it to respond.

I think it's some sort of ground issue.
    Thanked by:
    mundo472 (03-01-2013) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Yeah I'll give it a shot it just seems like the buttons a bit sticky, but even if it was I would be able to use it by just pressing hard. This button just doesn't even work!
    CrackBerry Genius

It's a hardware issue. Happens to most torches eventually, especially 9860 over the 9850. DO NOT get a replacement phone, you'll end up with the same issue after a few months. Get it repaired. Trust me, 2 weeks of repair time is worth it in the end. Much snappier after you get it back.
    CrackBerry Addict

My End Call button doesn't work 95% of the time and it pisses me off especially when I dial someone by mistake. I just had to pull the battery just to end a stupid call. My original Storm may have been a POS when it came to specs but I didn't get the frequent 30 second busy icon, can end a call on a dime, and played music/vids consistently w/o the process is busy error.

I used to be able stick up for BB phones bc they could do the basic functions well but I can't even do that anymore.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default SOLUTION!!

Hi

I almost went nuts last week trying to find a solution to this.

Here it goes:
    As many blackberrys don't have the End Call option in the menu, here's what you can do:

In the keyboard options, you can choose the "Manage Connections" option for one of the Convenience Keys on either side of the Blackberry.

This way, every time you need to end a call, you press that side button, and you disconnect all the connections. Your call will end instantly. It's very easy and simple to put the connection back on, and certainly much faster than removing the battery!
    Thanked by:
    maacushla (08-25-2013) 
    southlander and maacushla like this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Same problem...

...have a Torch 9860 that all of a sudden stopped ending calls. Do not go crazy about it, it is NOT a hardware key issue, it's software. Actually mine started doing it after upgrading to the latest 7.1 bundle 2061. Proof of the hardware working is that the key DOES work when exiting an application. Planning on downgrading mine, as soon as I do I'll post the results...

Happy 2013 to everyone!!!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,099 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA

Turn on the key tones so that the key beeps when pressed. That will tell you if the button presses are really registering and you have a software issue instead.
    Thanked by:
    PatrickMJS (01-24-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by southlander View Post
    Turn on the key tones so that the key beeps when pressed. That will tell you if the button presses are really registering and you have a software issue instead.
    Thanks for the key tones idea. I turned it on and really like those soft little tones to confirm the touch.

Since I did the software upgrade to OS 7.1 bundle 2108 (v7.1.0.746), I seem to occasionally have issues with hanging up at the end of a phone call.

I was also wondering if the key was having issues - now I'll be able to verify if the key is beeping next time it happens. So far it is beeping everytime I press it.
    Patrick from Calgary
    ------------------------------
    Z10 STL100-3, OS version 10.2.1.2941
    PB 64 GB, OS version 2.1.0.1917
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,099 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickMJS View Post
    Thanks for the key tones idea. I turned it on and really like those soft little tones to confirm the touch.

Since I did the software upgrade to OS 7.1 bundle 2108 (v7.1.0.746), I seem to occasionally have issues with hanging up at the end of a phone call.

I was also wondering if the key was having issues - now I'll be able to verify if the key is beeping next time it happens. So far it is beeping everytime I press it.
    I like the tones as well. I mainly like them when typing and would prefer to have them off on the button presses (have an option for on/off). Alas, it's all on or all off.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey

This worked great on mine!! Thanks Bobaloo! The key stopped altogether...multiple battery pulls had not effect. After I did this, the key started working!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobaloo View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread:

It sounds like it could be a similar but slightly different symptom caused by some type of ground issue with the buttons. If it is, then holding the end button while touching the send button should get it to respond.

I think it's some sort of ground issue.
    CrackBerry Newbie

my button that unlocks my phone wont work???
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default End call not working

Thank you so much for this fix Jacjov,IT WORKED,no more taking batteries out and waiting for it to load, any idea what is wrong so I can fix it at some stage?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default End Call Not working

Dont worry now u have final answer, follow as under ;

A) on Main Blackberry torch 9800 menu screen (ALL) , press OPTION icon
    B) now scroll down a little and press "call management"
    C) press first option " In-Call Settings"
    D) now you will a new screen with heading "Answering calls"
    press and change "Auto End Calls" button and set to "slide close"

now Press Back button and Press SAVE and then again Back button and back button.
    now whenever you want to close call just Slid your Keyboard out and then return.
    Enjoy!