Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Dropped my brand new 9860!

Yup, I was walking through the house with my phone in hand when I tripped in the vacuum cord. My phone went flyin' through the air hitting the hardwood floor. The back flew one way, the battery went another and the phone must have slide about 10 feet on its face. From the sound it made I thought for sure the screen was toast. I picked it up and not a scratch, dent, ding, nothing! This is one tough little cookie.

Just thought i'd share how durable this little baby is! Have a good day, ya'll!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts

Must be that plastic screen
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thanks for the story with the happy ending. Glad to hear that your phone survived the incident unscathed. (BTW, how did the hardwood floor come through? )
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by up488 View Post
    Yup, I was walking through the house with my phone in hand when I tripped in the vacuum cord. My phone went flyin' through the air hitting the hardwood floor. The back flew one way, the battery went another and the phone must have slide about 10 feet on its face. From the sound it made I thought for sure the screen was toast. I picked it up and not a scratch, dent, ding, nothing! This is one tough little cookie.

Oh God! I was very worried about the phone before reading the happy ending. I'm happy everything is ok with the phone (and you [lets not forget lol])!

Can't wait to get mine!
    Thanked by:
    up488 (09-23-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

Awesome! Mine took a hit also (but on concrete), and not a scratch was made! It's a durable little device.
    CrackBerry User

Nice one! I wonder if the other OS 7 BB's are this tough..
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp55 View Post
    Thanks for the story with the happy ending. Glad to hear that your phone survived the incident unscathed. (BTW, how did the hardwood floor come through? )
    The hardwood survived too I think. Not sure of the exact point of impact but I didn't see anything dents or marks in the floor either. lol
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

How is this even possible?! It happened again! Twice, in one day!! I'm clearly not on top of my game! Once again, my beloved baby took a hit. This time it got knocked off my desk, back flew off and battery flew out but it survived without a scratch! Think it's time to go home, go to bed and take my BB with me. lol
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,684 Global Posts

i think ur bb should get the bed an you should take the floor. =P
    MsTiaLia, Stompy, zanix and 4 others like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by ignites View Post
    i think ur bb should get the bed an you should take the floor. =P
    Not a bad idea!! lol
    CrackBerry User

Not that I'm promoting them, but maybe you better quit while you're ahead. :P

BlackBerry Torch Cases, BlackBerry Torch 9850/9860 Impact Series // OtterBox.com
    Thanked by:
    up488 (09-23-2011) 
    up488 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

A silicone or rubber skin will keep the battery door on.
    Mine took a 6' fall onto the sidewalk below while I was goofing around jumping onto a retaining wall. Nothing at all happened.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts

so...anyone else wanna give their Torch and try and report back to see if the OP is lying or not? hehehehe....j/k...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian View Post
    so...anyone else wanna give their Torch and try and report back to see if the OP is lying or not? hehehehe....j/k...
    Wouldn't lie/joke about something like that. I love my bb too much! ahaha!! Case has now been ordered - Not willing to push my luck a third time!
    Last edited by up488; 09-23-2011 at 07:32 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    32FFA062

I haven't dropped mine yet, but i have some tiny surface scratches on it, but the thing is a champ. i work outside at an airport, so it is in harsh conditions all day long, and it stands up to everything.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    PIN
    3302BA9D

Talking Butter Fingers!

How is this even possible?! It happened again! Twice, in one day!! I'm clearly not on top of my game! Once again, my beloved baby took a hit.
    Well I guess we will have to call you "Fingers up488" glad your BB survived... TWICE...
    CrackBoDock
    The next level of cool BB10
    VZW BlackBerry Torch 9850
    BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB
    "You'd still complain even if they
    hung you with a brand new rope!"
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B631BE4

Glad to know its solid build and screen. I have ordered one and will be getting next week. All BB's are solid build. I have used storm2 and torch 9800, minor fallen but no damage at all.
    Prithvi (pin:2B631BE4)Z30/10.3.0.296/699)
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,097 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA

It was all in slow motion I'll bet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

"Oh NOooooo"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dropped my brand new 9860!-thumbnailcaw02fjd.jpg  
    BlackBerry Novice
    Device-Storm 2 and Rockin' both 9810 Torch and 9930 Bold because the wife said I could
    CrackBerry Addict

My co-worker dropped his iPhone yesterday trying to reach for the door and his phone shattered! My point is glass breaks! Yet people cry about our phones not have glass screens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanked by:
    up488 (09-24-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,808 Global Posts

Wow, I was reluctant to read this thread because it sounded painful...lol
    Glad it had a happy ending. I've been there - your heart in your throat as your phone goes flying. Sometimes I was lucky, sometimes not so much.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

if it's Torch, i bet you will say bye bye
    i said bye to mine .... RIP
    Crash boom bang

worst bb ever at least for me, the torch that is.
    I'm getting excited that Blackberry is catching up
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,499 Global Posts
    PIN
    33257ED2

Yea has to be for you only because the worst blackberry ever was the storm 1 forever ruined the storm branding.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
    Words of Reason sent from my Nexus
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,499 Global Posts
    PIN
    33257ED2

The iphone always makes its way on a bb thread no matter what its the standard to which you all compare your phones but then get angry when others do it. I just don't understand this site sometimes

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
    Words of Reason sent from my Nexus
    CrackBerry Addict

How is this even possible?! It happened again! Twice, in one day!! I'm clearly not on top of my game! Once again, my beloved baby took a hit. This time it got knocked off my desk, back flew off and battery flew out but it survived without a scratch! Think it's time to go home, go to bed and take my BB with me. lol
    Ok, Jack Tripper! Clutz much?
    up488 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast