Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sicz24
  • 2 Post By danial.aw
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Drivesafe.ly working?

Has anybody got this awesome app to work on the 9860/50? After download it, it will open in a tiny window then when closing the app it blacks the screen out. Seems like a compatibly issue, but it is listed as supported. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    CracklePot likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

Its working on my 9860. It has the tiny window and I have to use the trackpad to scroll. It scares the **** out of me everytime a text or email comes through but its working perfect.
    CrackBerry User

Have the same problem as you describe on my 9850.

I was able to get past the initial tiny setup window by using the trackpad, but every time you start/stop the application, then try to go back out to Home, the screen goes completely blank.

When in "blank screen" mode, press the Call button to bring up the keypad, then the Hang-Up button to get back out to Home. It seems to work from there.

So, a little incompatibility, but it can be worked around. I tested it and it works fine.

Be sure to set the volume in the little setting window or it will be one huge shock when it starts blaring away!
    Last edited by CracklePot; 10-19-2011 at 10:55 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

you need to go into settings > Device > application management, highlight drive safely and disable compatibility... that will make it run full screen like a normal app...
    Thanked by 3:
    CracklePot (10-20-2011),  eclipse33 (10-23-2011),  up488 (10-20-2011) 
    up488 and CracklePot like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,051 Global Posts
    PIN
    3302D65A

Nice tip danial, every review on app world wasn't encouraging. I'l give them some time then check it out this weekend.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by danial.aw View Post
    you need to go into settings > Device > application management, highlight drive safely and disable compatibility... that will make it run full screen like a normal app...
    Yes, that worked. Thanks!
    CrackBerry Genius

How do you kill Drivesafe.ly? It stays persistent (like Browser, Phone, BBM, etc.), even when I explicitly select Exit. I just don't want it sucking up battery power.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Press the BlackBerry Menu button and select Enable DriveSafe.ly or Disable DriveSafe.ly. It adds that option to the system menu.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by cbvinh View Post
    How do you kill Drivesafe.ly? It stays persistent (like Browser, Phone, BBM, etc.), even when I explicitly select Exit. I just don't want it sucking up battery power.
    I went into the Advanced Settings and unchecked "Run on Startup," "Minimize on Exit," and "Launch On Bluetooth Connection."

The application now exits and only turns on when _I_ want it to.
    Thanked by:
    cbvinh (10-20-2011) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

Thanks for the tip. Got it full screen on my 9860 now. Excellent!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    548 Global Posts

I have it full screen and it will talk when it's turning on or off but other than that i can't get it to read anything... Even when selecting the menu option to do so...

Guess i'm going to try re-installing...
    Torch 9850 (v7.0.1.580)
    2 Blackberry Playbooks 16GB & 64GB

Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass,
    It's about learning to dance in the rain call a Storm a Torch!
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Calhoun View Post
    I have it full screen and it will talk when it's turning on or off but other than that i can't get it to read anything... Even when selecting the menu option to do so...

Guess i'm going to try re-installing...

I'm sure you've tried a batt pull?

I now have the app loaded on my and my wife's 9850s and it's working great on both phones.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    PIN
    33098B95

Default Thx 4 the 411, but

Quote Originally Posted by danial.aw View Post
    I have no idea how you figured that out, but thank you. That part worked, but I can't lower the volume. Its set on 90 and I can't adjust it.

Part II, it works one time, then nothing 'til I reboot. I think I will probably wait for a later rev.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse33 View Post
    I have no idea how you figured that out, but thank you. That part worked, but I can't lower the volume. Its set on 90 and I can't adjust it.

Part II, it works one time, then nothing 'til I reboot. I think I will probably wait for a later rev.
    SWEET i an now view in full screen..ok about the volume, just scroll to the volume bar, press the bb menu key and the menu will say change change option another window will pop up and change the volume..there you go
    Thanked by:
    eclipse33 (10-24-2011) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    548 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CracklePot View Post
    I'm sure you've tried a batt pull?

I now have the app loaded on my and my wife's 9850s and it's working great on both phones.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    It' working now... The battery pull didn't work but i unchecked the minimize option and shut the app down and restarted it...

On another note i only have it set to read txt messages and it randonly read me something at 4:00 this morning... I'll have to make sure it's off before i go to bed
    Torch 9850 (v7.0.1.580)
    2 Blackberry Playbooks 16GB & 64GB

Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass,
    It's about learning to dance in the rain call a Storm a Torch!