Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default "Device Media Processor is Busy"

Since getting my phone on release date in Sept, I use the media player almost everyday several times a day. Ever since the 7.1 updae, I get this message. 3 times I've gotten this msg since my update Friday night. Anyone having this issue?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

I've gotten this message occassionally in the past but not since updating to 7.1 a few days ago. Knock on wood! Then again I haven't used the player that much since the update.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks for the reply. I did a search and I see how this has been an issue for various BB phones but never read a solution. I used to get this with my Storm 1 where I tried to watch an invalid formatted video file and it would not "recover" per se. So idk...
    CrackBerry Genius

Since 7.1 upgrade I occasionally get the media device busy error when I try to push slacker through the bluetooth. Not always but occasionally. Only fix is a battery pull. Others have been reporting it on the 9850 since upgrading to 7.1.
    Must be a bug, hopefully they will fix it.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,370 Global Posts

Same issue, and mine is a very new Torch 9850. Stupid message shows up, forcing me to conduct a battery pull. There has got to be a better way than that.

Have heavily resisted switching to the iPhone, but that may end up being what I do if RIM can't find a way to unscrew this on what is their newest phone.

Since RIM is on its fourth point of contact about this, does anyone have a workable solution that doesn't require multiple battery pulls?

------------------------------

Edit: Downgraded to 7.0, and so far the audio bug hasn't resurfaced.
    Last edited by jegs2; 01-16-2012 at 05:50 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I got that message yesterday for the first time while using the media player while listening to music I had stored on the memory card. While listening for about an hour, I started to view some pics that I took in the camera folder. After a few minutes I went to change a song and that's when the message appeared. I let the phone sit for a few minutes hoping that the message would clear. After about 5 minutes I had to do a battery pull to clear the message; after that, the phone worked fine.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Never happen with my 9860..are u always do a clean wipe using jlcommander/bbsak every time ur doing an update? Never have any issue since the day I'm still using storm 1. I even listening music in my bb while browsing, texting, email, and using a bluetooth stereo earphone. Even when there's an incoming message, the music still keep on going only I can hear the message ringtone in the back. The music/video will pause if there's an incoming phone call but will continue right away when I hung up..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Z10 + 64GB PB
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

I have done official updates prior to 7.1 w/o doing a wipe and I've never encountered this error. I did in fact did a wipe w/7.1 and this message started appearing. Knock on wood, it hasn't happened since Sunday and I do use my media player several times daily.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Spoke too soon, I had paused the music I was playing bc someone stopped by my desk. When I hit play, I got this error but this time my phone froze!!! Had to do a battery pull...
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by III 4U2NV III View Post
    Spoke too soon, I had paused the music I was playing bc someone stopped by my desk. When I hit play, I got this error but this time my phone froze!!! Had to do a battery pull...
    My experience is that it seems to happen mostly when bluetoothing. Especially Slacker.
    CrackBerry User

I just saw this for the first time yesterday. I upgraded to 7.1 last week. I was listening to a podcast and using telenav gps while connected to bluetooth with audio going out over the headphone jack. Everything was fine until I paused the podcast. When I went to unpause it I got the message. Had to battery pull.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Happened to me three times today, each time happened when I had to pause my music bc someone stopped by my office (which I do countless of times per day prior to 7.1). Had to do a battery pull each time bc my phone froze. One of a very few pros I use to favor the BB was bc of its media player and this is another reason to add to BB's high list of flaws. =/
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    PIN
    249e5e18

have you guys tried using the device analyzer?

options>device>advanced system settings>blackberry device analyzer
    Thanked by:
    rickkel (01-23-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Thanks, I just discovered the analyzer last night when I was looking around in the App Manager looking for programs to delete. Seems like it could be nifty, I've got it analyzing my memory usage now to see if it can figure out where this leak is coming from. So far it hasn't plotted anything but we'll see. Either way that was a neat little surprise.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by gptoyz View Post
    have you guys tried using the device analyzer?

options>device>advanced system settings>blackberry device analyzer
    Has this always been here or is it new for 7.1? I have never noticed it before.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

I think it's new to 7.1
    CrackBerry User

Pretty sure it's new for 7.1. I don't remember reading about it anywhere as a new feature though but then that's not much of a surprise. It doesn't look good on a press release to say something that amounts to "We are now including an app to help you figure out what the crap is wrong with your phone".
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    PIN
    31111E78

It's been happening to me whenever I use my Rocketfish bluetooth headset and listen to music on my Torch. It doesn't happen all of the time and I haven't paid enough attention to figure out if I'm doing something specific with disconnecting the headset/stopping the music, etc.

How do we ensure that RIM is aware of the problem and working on a fix?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,599 Global Posts

Mine is fine.. The 9900 first 7.1 leak also had this but I believe its fixed now
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    PIN
    31111E78

One of the other posts I read in another thread indicated that this may be caused by having two audio sources generate a sound simultaneously. Since I have been having the problem whenever I use my A2DP bluetooth headset, I assume that the BT has something to do with it. Yesterday, when using my BTH with the media player, I first switched my phone's sound profile to "vibrate only" so that the only sounds being generated were from the media player. This seems to have worked as the "device media processor is busy" issue did not surface. Hope this is a simple solution until VZW and/or BB can get a fix.
    CrackBerry User

Man, what a mess. I'm starting to think the media player is also responsible for the application memory leaks that I and a lot of people are seeing, but that's another topic. What I have noticed now is that Pausing the playback of any type of media is like rolling the dice. Several times now when I've paused a podcast especially, I've had to battery pull before it would start playing media again otherwise all I get is that error message. And then it did it to me while I was playing a YouTube video. arrggghhhh!!! I'm starting to feel like I'm carrying a tiny little bomb around in my holster. You never know what's going to set it off and force you to battery pull.

Oh, and that device analyzer? Man what a joke. I pulled a brand new 9930 out of the box and decided to try out some analysis on a fresh device. Couldn't even get the Playback OR Speaker tests to work! I tried the same tests on my own 9930 and got the same result. WTF? And the Device Responsiveness test is turning out to be handy for tracking down that memory leak problem I mentioned, but then I realized there is no option to do ANYTHING with that data. I can look at it on the screen, and that's it. I'm ranting now, bye.
    CrackBerry User

well that was weird. I got a message that I had to wait 30 seconds before posting again, which I did, only to discover I had posted the same thing twice. Sorry about that.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    PIN
    31111E78

Okay, I deleted BeBuzz and that seemed to fix the problem. I then discovered that even though I had updated my new phone settings in the CB Appworld they had sent me the Bebuzz 5.0 version which I had on my phone. I switched over to the 7.0 BeBuzz version on my CB profile page, but have not reinstalled it on my phone.

In addition to the 'media processor is busy' issue being solved the full A2DP bluetooth is working now. I previously was unable to listen to iHeart Radio on my BT headset off my phone, but now that works.

I was never that impressed with the BeBuzz app anyhow so I doubt I'll miss it. Not sure why that app gets so many accolades. A lot of what it does is already possible with the native BB profile settings.

dd.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    PIN
    3308ccd0

Quote Originally Posted by halifaxx11 View Post
    A lot of what it does is already possible with the native BB profile settings.

dd.
    Cool, how do I do disco lights and multiple colors w/o bebuzz?
    CrackBerry User

Okay, I'll try removing BeBuzz and see if that improves anything for me.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about "Advance OS and LED" so I guess I'll try that:
    Free Advance OS and LED - Download Advance OS and LED - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

Oh, I was running BeBuzz 5.0.24 (for OS 6.0) on my 9930, if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Stompy; 02-22-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast