CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    517 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default data on unlocked 9850 doesn't work on TMO

I ported my # from Sprint to TMO but the data doesn't work. This is what I did:

I put in a TMO SIM card and my Torch 9850 asked for the unlock code which I did not have so I cancelled and took the SIM out. Once I ported my number and received my own SIM, I put it back in (this time I had the code ready) but I was not asked for a SIM again even after re installing the OS from Sprint's website. Everything is Disabled (network, SIM) so it seems that the phone is unlocked, however I cannot register it with the network or receive the service books. I called Sprint to make sure the PIN is no longer associated with the Sprint BIS and they confirmed that it is released. TMO pushed their service books to my phone but I never got them... My phone displays Activation required on the home screen

Any ideas, Crackberry nation? Plzzzzz
    The panda has spoken!
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,200 Global Posts

Getting a Tourch 9850 on t-mobile or at&t

by theory it should work, but probably wont.

read through the thread and see what you find.

I found nothing looking positive
    BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
    @Fubaz
    Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview
    CrackBerry Genius

To get rid of the activation required and to edit the phone #. You will need to order a MSL/SPC code.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

You need to edit the old phone number on the CDMA engineering screen using the MSL/SPC code.

Set all the settings on the device to be used as GSM.
    You Blackberry is unlocked for the use of GSM sim cards.
    Try to install the service books manually.
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    3311AFE5

Default To Remove Activation Required message

To Remove "Activation Required" message on 9850 (may even work for Storm or other BB touch phones, seems not to work on older QWERTY BB pones), try the following:

Dial ##000000 (hash hash and six times zero)
    A list of data appear.
    On first line, delete the existing number and put your new mobile no. (or any other number)
    Press BB menu and Save it.
    Phone will restart and "Activation Required" message is replaced with the service provider's name.

That being said... it seems the activation required message, does not seem to affect the phone's performance. You need to unlock data on 9850 to get Blackberry Internet Service.

Note - I am not an expert. Just had the Activation Required message removed from my 9850 yesterday.. so just sharing the info.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,913 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ghfighter View Post
    To Remove "Activation Required" message on 9850 (may even work for Storm or other BB touch phones, seems not to work on older QWERTY BB pones), try the following:

Dial ##000000 (hash hash and six times zero)
    A list of data appear.
    On first line, delete the existing number and put your new mobile no. (or any other number)
    Press BB menu and Save it.
    Phone will restart and "Activation Required" message is replaced with the service provider's name.

That being said... it seems the activation required message, does not seem to affect the phone's performance. You need to unlock data on 9850 to get Blackberry Internet Service.

Note - I am not an expert. Just had the Activation Required message removed from my 9850 yesterday.. so just sharing the info.
    Will not work on a Sprint device.
    CrackBerry Genius

That is only for Verizon CDMA/GSM devices.
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    3311AFE5

Dear Blackberry experts....

I am facing a strange issue with my 9850 from US Cellular. My supplier says that it is fully unlocked, and I am able to make phone calls, check balance etc on the new network (Airtel). The phone shows the network name (airtel), etc.

The SIM card is the same I was using with my earlier BB (Storm) and has a BIS plan activated and was working before. But the 9850 says I dont have a data plan. I tried using SIM cards from other operators as well, it shows 3G at times and when set to 2G network, it shows "edge" in small letters.

When I checked with Airtel technical support, they said that I need to get data unlocked.

Can some one advise what I am doing wrong... or if any settings are to be changed for me to get BIS on this device.

Thanks in advance for all your assistance / guidance.

From a new 9850 user.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have the same issue. called Airtel as it was not working EDGE services. they suggested to deactivate GPRS, MMS and WAP services. I did that and the EDGE comes in capital now and its working normal.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Angry

and how do you disable all that another thing is it possible to manually change the vendor id on BB.T.9860 and i tried ##000000 and nothing shows on my t 9860 can somebody explain what is the MSL/SPC code
    tanks
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I am at my wits with this issue. i love my blackberry 9850 I have t mobile service. I have done it all to fix the fact that i dont have internet or mms. i have done everything and there is always a road block. Someone please help im at the point where i use apploader and it wont take my apps and load them
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,913 Global Posts

twistedpup, what exactly are you trying to do?
    What carrier are you on?
    What country?
    Do you have a BLACKBERRY Data Plan? You will not get "internet" and "mms" without it.
    Have you manually loaded the Service Books for your carrier? If you are using the device on a carrier that doesn't support the device, you will have to do this.
    What 'apps' are you trying to load and how are you trying?
    Last edited by SwitchBeach; 01-06-2013 at 08:46 AM.