Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Carrier Confirmations.

RIM just announced the carriers that will have the 9850/60 in North America / Canada .
    As follows:
    Torch 9860; AT&T , Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Torch 9850; Sprint, U.S. Cellular.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2011/08/...9850-and-9860/

No love for Verizon.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

Tried to tell Tmobile fans to make other plans. Some didn't want to listen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    32FBF354

What about T-Mobile? What about the Verizon branded Torch spotted?

I would REALLY be bad for RIM if the Bold 9900/9930 is potentially the only BlackBerry device on Verizon and T-Mobile.

Pathetic if true.
    Last edited by BB.David; 08-03-2011 at 05:09 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Suddenly I don't feel so bad about being on ATT. I was sad about the 9900 coming late, but at least all the phones ARE coming.

Sucks for Verizon and T-Mobile people, that's lame.
    7290 -> 8700 -> 8310 -> 8900 -> 9700 -> 9800 -> 9810 -> Z10 (holding out for ATT Z30)
    16GB PlayBook x2
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts

They are probably going to announce more carriers later. There was that picture of the 9850 with Verizon branding, and a version of the 9860 was submitted to the FFC with the 1, 4, and 8 UMTS bands (which T-Mobile handsets use).

BlackBerry Torch 9860 lighting up the FCC? (Update: frequencies added) -- Engadget
    Thanked by:
    chiefbroski (08-03-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

Can't believe people still fall for that. All that means is if you want the phone you are going to pay like 600 out of pocket to get an unlocked one. Only way you get it on tmobile.

CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Soon :D

Okay, so we've seen so many videos and leaked images of Verizon branded 9850s that it makes me wonder why there is only mention of Sprint and US Cellular as CDMA carriers. This doesn't make sense...
    You can't reason a person out of an opinion he didn't reason himself into.

Find me on Twitter: @mahen915
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Kill3r.Conc3ptz View Post
    Okay, so we've seen so many videos and leaked images of Verizon branded 9850s that it makes me wonder why there is only mention of Sprint and US Cellular as CDMA carriers. This doesn't make sense...
    This is what I don't get. Why would we see a unit with only a sprint wallpaper & one with a etched Verizon logo only to announce a Sprint unit? We will probably have more answers later tonight.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    32FBF354

My guess that Verizon might had said "nevermind" to the Torch at the last minute. It just sad that RIM couldn't convince Verizon and T-Mobile to carry its complete BB OS7 lineup.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

it would be moronic for Big Red to not sell the 9850. I have to believe they want to announce on theyre own or a high profile joint announcement. The fact is, Android is just as buggy as any BB OS.
    Not to mention, I may cry if I cant get this phone in the next 2 months
    jessi449, john_v and chiefbroski like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

No Big Red?
    Not good. I am not in love with them but neither do I want to go through the hassle of switching carriers because everyone else is just as bad!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,712 Global Posts

Considering that a VZ branded Torch has been seen, I think it will be available... just maybe not yet. If VZ Doesnt get it and this is another AT&T exclusive like the original torch. Im done with BB. (well... maybe... lol)
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    32FBF354

It's not exclusive to AT&T as Sprint and U.S. Cellular were confirmed to carry it.

Only the Torch-slider seems to be exclusive to AT&T, in the U.S.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,074 Global Posts

Oh come on T-Mobile.

Are you serious? This phone is not coming to T-Mobile?

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,890 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StaticFX View Post
    Considering that a VZ branded Torch has been seen, I think it will be available... just maybe not yet. If VZ Doesnt get it and this is another AT&T exclusive like the original torch. Im done with BB. (well... maybe... lol)
    amen!
    HTC Trophy WP7
    BB Play Book 16GB.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

There's still hope on the Curve Touch!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    819 Global Posts

Take this for what you will...

last week, our VZW corp rep and National Account Mgr confirmed that the 9930 would be out early Aug, 9850 end of Aug/early Sept, and a new Curve end of Sept.

They have a pretty good track record of being honest and telling us "we haven't seen a date yet" rather than trying to BS us, or repeat rumors/speculation they've seen on the internet. And dates/time frames they've shared in the past have been really good.

So I'm confident its coming...

I can't wait to find out how accurate their info is this time. Only time will tell...
    Too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the list click HERE
    for full VZW personal device list click -> HERE <-

Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member

-> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all
    Thanked by 4:
    Innerchild (08-03-2011),  maevinj (08-03-2011),  MannyGeee (08-05-2011),  tkrobinson (08-03-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

You have got to be KIDDING me VZW! Really, I hate to see this as being true. I truly hope that this is not the case and they will be carrying this phone. Truly truly bummed!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StaticFX View Post
    This thing better be offered by VZ.. and SOON!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post

last week, our VZW corp rep and National Account Mgr confirmed that the 9930 would be out early Aug, 9850 end of Aug/early Sept, and a new Curve end of Sept.

They have a pretty good track record of being honest and telling us "we haven't seen a date yet" rather than trying to BS us, or repeat rumors/speculation they've seen on the internet. And dates/time frames they've shared in the past have been really good.

I can't wait to find out how accurate their info is this time. Only time will tell...
    Well, I guess you were typing as I was, and you did lift my spirits some....lol.

I just have a hard time believing that they would not carry it. Hope to see it soon.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I sent a nasty email to my Verizon rep asking about the new BB OS7 devices. Told him that I'm taking my business to another carrier if he can't confirm that VZ will be getting the devices soon (i.e. by end of August).

I suggest all of you who are current VZ customers send emails to VZ demanding they stock the new BB OS7 devices.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I sent a nasty email to my Verizon rep asking about the new BB OS7 devices. Told him that I'm taking my business to another carrier if he can't confirm that VZ will be getting the devices soon (i.e. by end of August).

I suggest all of you who are current VZ customers send emails to VZ demanding they stock the new BB OS7 devices.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,704 Global Posts
    PIN
    E CONES

Red face

So the CDMA version has the raised buttons? The pic on the website of the 50 which is upright looks to have raised buttons, but the 60 is lying on its side and I can't tell.

Judging from the graphics on RIM's site for the Torch, both the 50/60 have raised buttons. Bummer.
    God save us all. Go Sharks.

Yes, I am a woman and I like hockey. Deal with it.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post

Here is a quote from an official statement from RIM:

Im happy to tell you about two new BlackBerry 7 OS smartphones announced today, the all-touch BlackBerry Torch 9850 and 9860 smartphones. #TeamBlackBerry members in North America will be able to purchase the BlackBerry Torch 9860 smartphone from AT&T, Rogers, Telus and Bell, and the BlackBerry Torch 9850 smartphone from Sprint and U.S. Cellular. For more details on pricing and international availability, make sure to check out our BlackBerry Torch product page or contact your local carrier.
    BlackBerry Torch 9850 and 9860: 5 things you should know Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog

It only mentions Sprint and US Cellular for the CDMA Torch 9850.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    32FE7236

Don't forget that interview with the Verizon CEO or COO whatever she was when she comfirmed 3 Blackberrys coming to Verizon this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast