Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mangcool
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Buffering issues???!!!

Don't get this and hoping he wizards can help...

I can't watch youtube videos without buffering. I undestand when loading it would happen but during?.. I'm not watching HD so it should do it flawlessly, but when I can't even watch gary numans " cars" video for a 3 seconds without buffering I think something is wrong. I tried dialing *228 then rebooting but it works for a little bit longer then the buffering begins again.. I'm having storm 1 flashbacks..

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

What network are you using? WiFi? Mobile Network? If you're using mobile data, buffering every 6 seconds is very common, of course that depends on your data reception and the quality of the video you're trying to watch. I would recommend using WiFi when streaming videos. Also, try clearing off all your browsing data on your BlackBerry and see if that'd make any difference.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Yes on the mobile network, and usually have strong signals. I will try the wifi

Thanks.

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by mangcool View Post
    What network are you using? WiFi? Mobile Network? If you're using mobile data, buffering every 6 seconds is very common, of course that depends on your data reception and the quality of the video you're trying to watch. I would recommend using WiFi when streaming videos. Also, try clearing off all your browsing data on your BlackBerry and see if that'd make any difference.
    WOW!!! This thing is like lightning!!! That was totally it..I'm so in love with this phone. Most of my friends and family have THAT apple product but I wanted to stay with BB and I'm very happy I did..this forum is the best and has helped me stay loyal to BB. Thanks to all

CrackBerry Genius

PIN

Great to here that! I'm glad you're liking your BlackBerry, I, too, am in love with my 9850. Best BlackBerry I've ever had, and I've had about seven or eight BlackBerrys...

eclipse33 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Storm 1 was my first and I was one of the lucky ones,I really didn't experience a lot of the issues that other bb users talked about. I wasn't even going o use my upgrade until my storm died. After seeing and playing with this bad boy..hummm baby I was all in. This 9850 works like a dream and I'm kinda glad its flying under the radar right now. I was talking with a verizon rep and even HE was blown away with the specs this baby has. He didn't even know about all the ram and how strong the processor is..with all the hoopla of the other devices out there I guess this one just snuck passed him. I'm so looking forward to all new apps and themes that should be coming out. Sorry so long, just really happy with my new toy. Just gotta rave..woo hoo

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

Woot! Love hearin' the love people have with their 9850/60.

CrackBerry Abuser

I'm glad someone asked this because I have two questions about this same topic.
    First, what does the *228 do?
    Second, I have an unlimited plan so I don't really use the WiFi. However, when I switch on the WiFi, do I have to turn off the mobile network for it to work better when streaming, or will the phone automatically switch over from the mobile network to WiFi? I've usually kept the WiFi off all the beacuse of the unlimited plan, and also to conserve the battery.
    Thanks for the help!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyboy24 View Post
    I'm glad someone asked this because I have two questions about this same topic.
    First, what does the *228 do?
    Second, I have an unlimited plan so I don't really use the WiFi. However, when I switch on the WiFi, do I have to turn off the mobile network for it to work better when streaming, or will the phone automatically switch over from the mobile network to WiFi? I've usually kept the WiFi off all the beacuse of the unlimited plan, and also to conserve the battery.
    Thanks for the help!
    I was told it updates and resets your phone to your providers mobile network. I too have the unlimited plan and really wasn't a heavy user up untill now. This phone is faster than my laptop, but of course that thing is older than my ST1. As far as the phone automatically switching over, I think it does because I didn't turnoff my mobile network and I noticed a HUGE difference right away. I'm on verizon and .362 upgrade.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    PIN
    No more PIN

Yes, phone is nice speed and good for web browsing...but if we are on the H+ network why do I need to connect to wifi to get better picture quality. The data going through RIM and compression makes the video always buffer. All my other friends iPhone or android don't get this buffer on the same Telus network.
    Also hope your back button doesn't break after your month free exchange. My 9860 back button broke and YouTube videos pause every two seconds on while on wifi.
    This is really trying my patience...I'm too ashamed to tell my none BB friends phone broke after a month and few days
    The back button seems to be a common issue.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thanks for the help guys. So basically if I keep my WiFi enabled all the time, the speed for videos and Web pages should be faster? I just never enabled it because of the unlimited data and the loss of battery life.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu View Post
    Yes, phone is nice speed and good for web browsing...but if we are on the H+ network why do I need to connect to wifi to get better picture quality. The data going through RIM and compression makes the video always buffer. All my other friends iPhone or android don't get this buffer on the same Telus network.
    Also hope your back button doesn't break after your month free exchange. My 9860 back button broke and YouTube videos pause every two seconds on while on wifi.
    This is really trying my patience...I'm too ashamed to tell my none BB friends phone broke after a month and few days
    The back button seems to be a common issue.
    ONE MONTH! Wow that's great! Verizon only gives 14 days to replace with a new one. After that we get refurbised ones...boo hoo. So yeah, my back button better last

CrackBerry Newbie

I am using blackberry 9810 smartphone,when i need to watch video on you tube ,it is buffering.what can i do to watch video on you tube ? Please i need to help .