Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Broken microusb port and inverted screen

Hey all,
    I bought a blackberry torch 9860 from a guy on craigslist who claimed the phone worked but needed replacement screen. What he didn't say was the micro usb port was broken as well. He doesn't want to give me my money back. So I am stuck with a torch that I can't charge or even see the screen properly.

Looking through the forums I saw that the inverted screen can be fixed by a simple software update. But I can't update the phone unless I can plug it in via the usb port. So I took it to get repaired and was told the port cannot be fixed.

Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone got any suggestions in what to do?

Global Posts
    33,340 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

Establish a bluetooth connection to do the software update if your computer supports it? Also you can get around the charging problem also by buying a separate battery charger, and perhaps an extra battery, which you can often find bundled. Or does the 9860 have charging contacts?

Selling it for parts and recouping some of your costs might be a good option also. Next time avoid craigslist, stick with known vendors only!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    3308080f

Default Re: Broken microusb port and inverted screen

the software update may or may not work for the screen mine returned to inverted. umnm i think u can replace the charging port
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Default Re: Broken microusb port and inverted screen

good news i was able to get the microusb port fixed, i am now connected. it only cost $50 but worth it. now onto the screen problem, i am about to downgrade my software and hopefully i am able to fix it. i just got the error 507 (i think or it could be 705, its inverted)

i will keep you all up to date
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    3308080f

gonna prob get tagged for spamming but has anyone else found a solution. has anyone tried replacing the digitizer or screen. my backup berry just died so i need to fix or replace asap