Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,560 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by khoolguy View Post
    This is what I noticed so far.

1. Application Resource Monitor under Options > Device (New)
    2. Battery Saving Mode under Options > Device (New)
    3. Parental Control under Options > Security (wonít work if on corporate)
    4. Third Party Applications under Options (It used to be blank now it has 3 options for RIM to track your activity)
    5. Alarm Clock has a new look on the bottom but no change to functionality

BTW I just noticed Media Server aka DLNA that I am not sure if itís new or it was there all along ☺ but that is one awesome feature.

Called VZ Wireless who called RIM and no one know of any list of changes ☺
    This Applications Resource Monitor is pretty cool actually. I use tunein almost everyday and when I do is for a few hours at the time. Today after about half an hour of use, it shut off but immediately got a message telling me that the monitor shut it off because of the battery drain it was causing. But at same time it offered me the option not to monitor tunein anymore. So I checked the box.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3301F98F

Greetings! So, I can do the OTA update but the last time I did that, it took over 2 hours. I've checked Verizon's website and Blackberry.com but neither of them have the new OS. For those of you that upgraded thru DM, where did you find the file?

T-I-A
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3301F98F

Quote Originally Posted by Rick677 View Post
    Greetings! So, I can do the OTA update but the last time I did that, it took over 2 hours. I've checked Verizon's website and Blackberry.com but neither of them have the new OS. For those of you that upgraded thru DM, where did you find the file?

T-I-A
    Correction: I can't do the OTA update either. It may have something to do with my company's IT policy (using WiFi), so I'll try again at home tonight.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I updated last Fri and did notice that I had lost some app memory but went through it with the DM and got rid of some of the things I don't use and gained some of it back. What I have noticed that they added the Application Resource Monitor but I can't seem to find the Device Analyzer any more in the Advanced System Settings. Does anyone else have this issue? I used the analyzer to make sure my device was operating smoothly and want it back. If anyone knows how to get it back on the 9850 Verizon update please let me know, thanks.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dkhomikh View Post
    Messenger (BBM) solution. Navigate to www.blackberry.com/messenger or to http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...ry.do?code=bbm
    from your phone device and download it. It will fix the issue. Very simple. But your BBM contacts will probably be gone
    Thanks, that worked..
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by npaulsen View Post
    I updated last Fri and did notice that I had lost some app memory but went through it with the DM and got rid of some of the things I don't use and gained some of it back. What I have noticed that they added the Application Resource Monitor but I can't seem to find the Device Analyzer any more in the Advanced System Settings. Does anyone else have this issue? I used the analyzer to make sure my device was operating smoothly and want it back. If anyone knows how to get it back on the 9850 Verizon update please let me know, thanks.
    After further investigation after my previous post my 9850 shows that the Device Analyzer is there in the application management list of applications but that is the only place that I see it. Shows that it was installed on the 10th of Aug when I did the update to Verizons 7.1 Bundle 1737 (v7.1.0.580, Platform 5.1.0.429). I have also tried the application loader on DM and it shows it as being there but it is unable to delete it as it shows it required along with the core stuff. Any help in getting the analyzer back is appreciated thanks.
    CrackBerry Master

Go to options, then hit show keyboard then type in (while holding the123 on the bottom down, then type in ??5* and it will be back. IF you reboot, it wont be there anymore and you will have to type it in each time, as it does not remain
    Thanked by:
    npaulsen (08-15-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DJM626 View Post
    Go to options, then hit show keyboard then type in (while holding the123 on the bottom down, then type in ??5* and it will be back. IF you reboot, it wont be there anymore and you will have to type it in each time, as it does not remain
    Thanks for the tip DJM626 but have tried it several times this morning and have not had any success with it appearing back on the phone. I type that in and then go to find it under advanced system setting where it was but nothing. Is there any other options other than trying to remove it and download it again or to reload the system OS again? Thanks again for the help.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Well after doing a soft restart on my phone and giving that another try I have the device analyzer back and all is good. Thanks again for the help DJM626!!!!
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by blkyanni View Post
    Has anyone seen a significant decrease in free memory with this update?
    I updated mine OTA and it worked like a charm. I balked at losing 16-17 MGs of memory, but it sorted itself out over a three day period & I'm back to normal.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,560 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rick677 View Post

T-I-A
    After you open the desktop software and connect your BB to your PC/Mac you should get a message saying that there's an update available. Click on get update and off you go.
    CrackBerry Newbie

How to crack os 7 to bb 9800
    CrackBerry Addict

I don't think the hardware can handle OS7
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by npaulsen View Post
    Well after doing a soft restart on my phone and giving that another try I have the device analyzer back and all is good. Thanks again for the help DJM626!!!!
    You are very welcome. Sorry for the delay in replying back to you. Glad all worked out for you
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12