Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry stuck on loading screen

Hi, my blackberry 9850 gets stuck on the loading screen. it gets stuck about 3/4 of the way. I tried to update my phone but the problem doesn't go away. I tried the other ways which were posted on earlier threads but it did not help. Please help
    Thanked by:
    labadgamer (12-07-2014) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,521 Global Posts

Hey . Remove the battery, reinsert it, and right after you do hold on the 'escape' key and dont let go until your bb loads. Tos boots it into 'safe mode'. It's a pain to hold it, I know, but if it does boot to the home screen, then you most likely have a 3rd party app that is causing your bb to stall at loadup. In this case, try to remember any changes you made to your bb prior to your problem. Note that you can delete apps while in safe mode.

If this does not work, you can always reinstall the os, a different way. Back up your device through desktop manager, make sure you have the latest os for your blackberry downloaded to your computer, then open up apploader. To open app loader go to C://program files/common files/research in motion/ then i believe you click the folder shared? or Apploader. Find the one that has apploader in it and launch that. have your bb connected and once you do, your pin will show up. Dont do anything yet.
    First, reset your bb with a soft reset: alt, RIGHT shift, del all at the same time. your pin will disappear. as soon as it reappears click 'next' (dont wait too long). this will install the os on a cleanly wiped bb, nothing will be transferred over, though you can restore your data afterward through desktop manager, and reinstall any apps through app world. if this does not work, your problem is likely hardware related.

Hope this helps.
    Thanked by:
    labadgamer (12-07-2014) 
    CrackBerry User

Actually I experienced the same problem you've had just 15 minutes a go...then I was sooo pissed off cuz I think that I must repeat the same nuked fix all over again (with bbwiper) and I've tried the above fix but it's not working, over 20 minutes I hold my thumb on to the god forsaken esc button, and I felt really pissed off cuz it wont start...then I slam my bb 9860 to my floor....and then I put the battery back again and I repeat the above procedure...And it worked!!...a miracle...I guess maybe there's something loose on the phone...
    Regards,

+ D +
    Blackberry 9550
    .713 base Hybrid BBBoldy V.12
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,521 Global Posts

Hey! Well, thats what my second procedure was for.. a clean reinstall of the OS. Cause if that would not work, then you would have some sort of hardware problem. Im glad the first procedure worked for you, though because you threw the phone on the floor (lol) I still wouldn't rule out a hardware problem. Does the bb work now though? you can remove the battery and it starts up all by itself?

Edit: what i mean by the throw on the floor part is that if that fixed it, maybe it corrected an intermittent hardware problem
    Last edited by agp101; 01-14-2013 at 06:31 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

I'm about to wipe my POS for the 4th time b/c it gets stuck on the loading screen, I'm SO frustrated with this phone! My Storm lasted longer than this POS. BB10 can't come soon enough!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    333bc686

This happened to me last week. wiped it reloaded OS same thing.
    had to get replacement.,
    CrackBerry Addict

Did you get a new phone as replacement or a refurb? How much did you have to pay (if any)?

I've been at it for over an hour and I think this phone is done...
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,521 Global Posts

Wonder if anyone has any way to specifically say itss a hardware problem.. The fact that you cant reload the OS definitely suggests this. Only new hardware can resolve this I guess.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    333bc686

Quote Originally Posted by III 4U2NV III View Post
    Did you get a new phone as replacement or a refurb? How much did you have to pay (if any)?

I've been at it for over an hour and I think this phone is done...
    replacement thru vz b/c of insurance . certified like new 9850, works well so far. paid zero
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default rebooting

hi guys,
    i have been able to i wipe my 9860 and installed a new os. i followed all the instructions on how to do that using jl_cmder, command prompt and so on and everything went smoothly except when it was rebooting in the end. it still came to the 70% of the white line and got stuck. i think i have tried everything i have read on this forum, can you help any further please.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by aguiar0016 View Post
    replacement thru vz b/c of insurance . certified like new 9850, works well so far. paid zero
    I did the same, overnight delivery but i tell ya, that was the longest 36 hours ever. Not having a phone was torture and I unfortunately do not have a back-up.

Quote Originally Posted by mkidaji View Post
    hi guys,
    i have been able to i wipe my 9860 and installed a new os. i followed all the instructions on how to do that using jl_cmder, command prompt and so on and everything went smoothly except when it was rebooting in the end. it still came to the 70% of the white line and got stuck. i think i have tried everything i have read on this forum, can you help any further please.
    Up to a few nights ago, it was my third time (maybe fourth) my phone got stuck at boot but after spending 4 hours on it, I knew it was done.

Did you try this? Wiped & Loaded 5times but it still freezes at 75% during booting
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,521 Global Posts

This is also worth a try I guess...

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

Edit: Nvm.. it seems similar to the process I posted earlier .

CrackBerry Addict

whats the escape key on the 9860 touch??
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    784 Global Posts
    PIN
    333A6FE4

Quote Originally Posted by agp101 View Post
    This is also worth a try I guess...

How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Edit: Nvm.. it seems similar to the process I posted earlier .

This is the exact procedure I found and and applied when my 9850 was in a continuous reboot cycle. It would start out great, then about 3/4 through, it would just start over, and over, and over...this worked great for me and I have not had the issue again.