CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry ID log in issue

Ok , so i just got my torch 9860 , (upgraded form storm 9550)
    I had a few apps running ont the storm , including appworld 2.0bla bla.. (the new version)
    everything worked just fine
    So i get my 9860 , do the device switch , everything is now on my 9860 and seems to work fine (i did however delete a few apps that seem buggy )
    Anyways , when i try to update my blackberry protect , i have to enter my blackberry user information, when i type it in i get "unable to login your blackberry account)
    i check and recheck , and i am not inputting the password wrong , i can go online however and sign in without a hitch , even track my phone
    now , because i cant sign in blackberry id , i cant use blackberry protect , nor use the appworld (because i have to sign into blackberry ID for that )
    What is going on , am im doing something wrong ??
    i tried doing a search , but i am not finding any solutions
    can somebody chime in ?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2812DD5F

I had same problem first itme I set mine up and spent ages sorting it out. I think it is to do with the time zones on the device so have a look to see if your network time is the same as the device time. If it is not then set the settings to Auto Update and then press BB key and select update. This should cure it.

If it doesn't then you may have to do a reset using your DTM.

Have a go and if you still get problems then I will try to find the posting in BB Community that tells you how to do it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

hhhmmm......does sound like it makes sence, tried it on the device , but nothing , i will try a reset with the desktop software see what it does
    i must admit , it is a bit frustrating
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

whoa.......just noticed i have no BES connection .....but i do have BIS , and BBM and everything else seems to be working ...WTF??
    Is this relative?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

also tried updating the time , but nothing so far
    CrackBerry Genius

try to change your password via BlackBerry ID .. also try to connect via wifi and try to login.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

just tried it ...damnit , still same thing .......this little problem is really becoming anoying
    Thanks though , anybody have anymore ideas ....getting a bit desperate here
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2812DD5F

I forgot to mention that when I done a reset from DTM I installed Factory SW from when I first got the phone and done a backup straight away. I then installed my backup from my Storm2 and this is where I think the problem was.

So if you can do reset taken phone back to out of box version, then add your prevoius sw one at time. I first done my contacts then calender and so on. It sorted it out for me so hope it helps you.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

i`ve heard more people commenting about doing a wipe then re-install everything
    i am going to try today , see what happens , this blows
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2812DD5F

Yes it drove me mad aswell but now my phone is flying and I'm loving it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Its a great phone , ...just got to get these little glitches out , ...........hhhmmmmm...quality control should be higher IMHO, ...but yeah , lets hope it works
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

I just got an e-mail form blackberry (do not reply e-mails) that i have multiple devices setup with the same carrier sending email to both devices
    (which is odd because i remember getting an email stating that the other device wont be getting emails anymore)
    and the blackberry id is linked to the email (and email is linked to the device)
    So i guess it makes some sence , now how do i un-"register" the other device , since its not working anymore ?
    Does this make any sence to anyone out there?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    421 Global Posts

I had all of those issues because I allowed the desktop software to "install apps that were compatible". This messes up the blackberry id some terrible! Anyway, I did a security wipe and still could not log in to blackberry ID.

So what solved it for me was to first connect the new BB to the desktop software and select "forget device". then security wipe the new BB. Then plug in my old curve and say switch devices. Then plug in the new device at the desktop prompt and follow all the prompts. That fixed the BB ID. But during this device switch I did not select to install compatible apps.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

well
    i did as you guys said , and voila , works now
    altough now playing a bit more with the phone i get some apps "sticking" or best said hanging , like blackberry travel
    i guess i will make a new thread for that one
    Thanks a lot guys
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by mom21 View Post
    I had all of those issues because I allowed the desktop software to "install apps that were compatible". This messes up the blackberry id some terrible! Anyway, I did a security wipe and still could not log in to blackberry ID.

So what solved it for me was to first connect the new BB to the desktop software and select "forget device". then security wipe the new BB. Then plug in my old curve and say switch devices. Then plug in the new device at the desktop prompt and follow all the prompts. That fixed the BB ID. But during this device switch I did not select to install compatible apps.

Hi,

I have this same issue, cannot log into blackberry ID account on the handset, all the advice on here seems great but is there any chance of of a solution in 'laymans terms' please?

Thanks in advance.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

We'll , I guess you're best bet would be trying to connect it to the desktop manager and look for the "restore to factory settings" ,....I guess you will lose all the info on the device , but it seems to work for a lot of people , worked even for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by felixlives View Post
    We'll , I guess you're best bet would be trying to connect it to the desktop manager and look for the "restore to factory settings" ,....I guess you will lose all the info on the device , but it seems to work for a lot of people , worked even for me

Thank you felixlives,

All of my contacts are on the sim card, would this get formatted during the process?
    Also, I can remove the micro SD card holding photo's can't I before starting the process?

Regards
    Sprags
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

No , I don't think you will lose contacts , or photos if you remove the memory card
    But maybe stuff like bbm contacts ,calendar , that kind of thing , maybe if you do a backup before restoring to original
    Its not that bad , once you get it rolling though its a great device , I love it , its fast and sleek ....awesome

CrackBerry Master

Default Black Berry ID Log In Issue

So are there any other differences with this phone other then it doesnt have buttons like the torch 9850?
    CrackBerry User

This is becomimg ridiculous now, I cannot install the desktop manager.

Should never have got rid of my nokia. . . . .
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

I think there are no differences between 9850 and 9860 other than gsm and cdma
    Maybe you should try and download desktop manager from te blackberry site , that way you have the latest version
    Also check for what Os you are downloading windows version etc
    Should work fine

CrackBerry Master

Please refer to "Three Quick Tips on Going from S2 to 9850" in this forum. Quoting from it:

BlackBerry ID is no longer a luxury - you will need one to get apps and set up email
    accounts. BEWARE: its definition has been unilaterally changed by RIM to include
    THREE pieces of data: user name and password AND a valid email address. The RIM
    website is confusing on this new three data identity.

Doc Neutron
    CrackBerry User

My issue is now resolved, a security wipe sorted it.

Emails are flying in and Apps world iseasily accessible.