- CrackBerry Newbie
- 2 Posts
Blackberry 9860 3G Connection Problems
Hello all! I was hoping someone would be able to help me with this so here it goes.
I recently got a Blackberry Torch 9860 from RIM since it was on sale. And it arrived last Friday and the hardware is great. However, every time I try to connect to Rogers Wireless' 3G service, it won't work.
As of now I'm only able to connect to its EDGE network. Although it's not a big issue it is frustrating when sending pictures, and applications that use data are ten times slower.
I've tried many times to go on the mobile network settings and set it only to 3G and I've done a manual search and it seems that my blackberry only picks up Wind Mobiles 3G connection, since mine is Rogers it wont work.
I've done everything I could, I've called rogers, RIM even, I've done a battery pull and I even upgraded to 7.1 thinking it could work (the latest build btw, it was 746) and nothing has changed.
Has anyone ever experienced this? If so would you be able to give me some advice to fix it?
PS. I've been able to connect to the Rogers 3G network through my Blackberry 9700 so I know there are towers with the 3G network.
- CrackBerry Newbie
12-28-12, 09:23 PM #4
- 4 Posts
Im having the same problem i purchase this blackberry torch 9860 Model RDP71UW from ebay and it's unlocked so it seems and it wont scan in any network koodo rogers and telus nor bell and it is a telus phone when i insert my koodo sim card it shoes my phone number it connects to my internet service but not to koodo
- By j_vasudevan in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 4Last Post: 04-20-13, 07:36 AM
- By vsaul in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 10-27-10, 05:37 PM
- By junhowong in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 5Last Post: 10-08-10, 02:57 AM
- By colin31 in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 1Last Post: 09-17-09, 10:31 PM
- By Tony Balls in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 6Last Post: 11-10-08, 02:25 PM