We bought a new, unlocked 9860 on TigerDirect a few weeks ago. Everything is fine, except for one issue that we are having. The BBM avatars (contact profile images) are not displaying.
Seven BBM contacts are registered on the phone. None of the outgoing BBM's are received with an image. And only one of the incoming displays an image.
Blackberry published Knowledge Base KB19815 a few years ago about this issue. BlackBerry Knowledge Base The link is broken ("Page Not Found"). I found the link on the Blackberry Support Forum BBM No pictures on new contacts - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
We contacted our telco service provider. The technician claimed to have done something and asked us to remove the battery, wait a few minutes and then reinsert. We also tried removing the Sim card. The problem still exists, so we plan on visiting the technician in person on Friday. We're in El Salvador using Tigo (prepaid).
Blackberry claims to have resolved this issue a few years ago. From the Support Forum link above:
"Here are two public statements RIM has released in regards to the BBM Avatar issue:
1.BBM Avatars should now be updating in most regions. If you were experiencing issues please try updating your Avatar again.
2. Some users in APAC (the Asia Pacific area) may be experiencing issues with BBM Avatars not updating. Product teams are aware of this issue and looking into it.
3. Finally, More information at this RIM Knowledge Base article:
KB19815 - BlackBerry Knowledge Base "
Does anyone have any further information about this issue?
Last edited by Steve C2; 05-07-2013 at 08:52 PM. Reason: spelling
This may explain the problem. The telephone is registered with the telcom provider, Tigo (El Salvador). (And we'll be speaking with them in person tomorrow about this problem.) But I just noticed this: Though the Blackberry is registered with Tigo (we received a message to that effect), I see that each of the individual BBM contact pages say: Error: Contact is not registered.
That's strange. How can that be? How can the phone be registered, but not the contact? We're receiving BBM's from the contacts, albeit without the contact avatar, so how can the contacts not be registered?
- By bryan_c in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 10Last Post: 11-04-2009, 10:16 AM
- By Jancy10 in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 17Last Post: 07-20-2009, 11:07 PM
- By Jancy10 in forum News & RumorsReplies: 17Last Post: 07-20-2009, 11:07 PM
- By kickinitlive247 in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 06-10-2008, 08:39 AM
- By kickinitlive247 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 06-10-2008, 08:39 AM