Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BBleaks monaco "true facts" - VZW/sprint testing

So according to some "true facts" tweets:

- VZW and sprint have already begun testing

So for those of your worrying about the "GSM" only info, maybe this will help you settle.

Hopefully we'll see it soon since it's in carrier testing?

- Also, its as thin as the new curve.

Source: N4_BB tweeter feed.
    Thanked by 3:
    1magine (01-24-2011),  NobleSix (01-22-2011),  ToddL (01-22-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,471 Global Posts

Hopefully TMobile will get this too. I'm probably going to switch from Sprint to them this summer.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,655 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask

I always 'knew' that VZW or Sprint would be getting at least the Monaco ... but to see that they have begun testing is GREAT news... that definitely bolsters the rumor that this device will be released BEFORE September!

Thanks for the info mrlee!
    ~SaMaster14
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    PIN
    ky, here comes the train!

Anyone know the timeline from device testing to release based on past devices? Assuming it passes of course.

ps. Dear VZW, please approve quickly.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T anyone?

VZW has a hard time acepting OS versions. Add in their android love affair and the iPhone coming and I don't see a rush to market.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    804 Global Posts

I'd take this with a grain of salt, what proof have they furnished?
    Gadget enthusiast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Phil DeLong View Post
    I'd take this with a grain of salt, what proof have they furnished?

Delong,

they have not furnished any proof. All I know is they have a claimed source passing this info on to them which BBleaks passes on its tweeter feed.

But BBleaks does try to report or pass on info they feel has credibility to it. Some of you might know Sal now works with them. Sal's info is pretty reliable (4 new devices, info on next storm, etc...)

So, yes, this info is not set in stone, but has some credibility to it. By no means don't hold your breaths on it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,803 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's that?

Sal is definitely in the know on these things. Hopefully he'll be able to come up with a launch time frame soon.

typically if this is VZW testing then its like a month from release but there is so much going on in February it would be bad to release. The thunderbolt and the xoom are probably gonna drop along with the iphone
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Master

BBLeaks (N4BB) is the most credible source out there for BB related info IMO. So this is good news. Thanks OP!

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    804 Global Posts

Guess I stand corrected then, my bad...
    Gadget enthusiast
    CrackBerry Genius

IF this is a salomondrin based leak, it has much credibility.

VZW has a hard time acepting OS versions. Add in their android love affair and the iPhone coming and I don't see a rush to market.
    Kinda what I was thinking. They may be testing it right now, but I see no incentive to rush; they have a whole slew of current, state of the art phones already on the market that are being bought like hotcakes. RIM has lost some of thier credit (thus the dropped refresh from vzw interest).
    ============================

Please, God, for another day grant me
    the wisdom to know the difference.

============================
    CrackBerry Addict

I dont know if I'm missing the point on this, but, I wouldn't think there would be a deliberate delay( other than the phone not being ready) to release a new device. Verizon probably makes pennies off the sale of a device. They want the contracts and any sale of accessories. So to say they dont care if they release a new BB because they have the iPhone and android devices makes no sense. They still have BB users, maybe not as much as before, but I highly doubt they would want to lose those contracts to other providers who are releasing BB's.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,655 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by jelp2 View Post
    I dont know if I'm missing the point on this, but, I wouldn't think there would be a deliberate delay( other than the phone not being ready) to release a new device. Verizon probably makes pennies off the sale of a device. They want the contracts and any sale of accessories. So to say they dont care if they release a new BB because they have the iPhone and android devices makes no sense. They still have BB users, maybe not as much as before, but I highly doubt they would want to lose those contracts to other providers who are releasing BB's.
    I kinda agree.
    They know there are people who own Storm2s and even Bolds who just don't want to switch to an android device or the iPhone. Verizon knows that people want options and having the top of the line BB, Android and the iPhone would be perfect... its basically a win/win for everyone.
    ~SaMaster14
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    PIN

im super excited for this device i really dont care when it dropps i plan on getting one as long as they release it for VZW i will be all over it i love my storm 2 so this should be great sad about the surepress tho
    Torch 9850 FTW
    GO BEARS!!!! DIVISON CHAMPS!!

I have worked for T-Mobile for about 2 years now so ask me anything
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/ask...-2-0-a-447176/
    CrackBerry Abuser

That's some good news..maybe in time for tax money to get it....

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    330404E9

As long as this get's released before the summer that would be great. Remember this is rumored to run OS 6.1 so we might have to wait just a bit longer to make sure that RIM has the right stable OS for OS 6.1.
    Amateur Hour is Over.
    The world's first professional-grade tablet
    -||BlackBerry PlayBook||-
    OS 2.0.1.358
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by jelp2 View Post
    Honestly I don't think they are deliberately delaying it, I just think VzW isn't in a big hurry allocating resources (testing) to rim's products anymore. The tell tale event was them dropping interest in the storm refresh; they likely feel they will sell more products from other manufacturers so they are inclined, I believe, to spend more time on other projects. Not so much a conspiracy but a wise business decision.

If you have X number of testers any X number of dollars to spend "testing products", wouldn't you want more dedicated to devices you think will sell the best?
    (even if the profit margin is pennies, you make more pennies selling devices that outsell others) Again RIM deserves the blame for this stigma they have allowed to form about them. 3 year old technology competing with products that are cutting edge and far superior in hardware. No brainer.

Last edited by kb5zht; 01-23-2011 at 06:22 AM.
    Thanked by:
    K Bear (01-23-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2B7B5318

Ok so doesn't this pretty much confirm that this isn't being released under the Storm name?

I've said in another forum that I felt like this would possibly be a touch screen device headed to multiple carriers.

I could be wrong but I feel like RIM has either done away with the Storm line of devices, or the will hold the next Storm until QNX is ready.
    QNX and LTE, hand me a pen and let's do this.
    **Taken from The Engine**

Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me

- Durrell pin:2B7B5318
    *Please do not add me if you frequently send broadcast messages or you barely talk, aka "one word messages"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,782 Global Posts
    PIN
    g Pong balls!? I thought you said, "King Kong's Balls!"

If this is 6.1 we can expect several months of testing. VZW is only now getting ready to launch BB6 on the bold 9650 (anyone else get the flyer selling BB's and saying BB6 coming soon next to the bold?). And that is after over 400 builds and 6 to 8 months since it released.

They may be testing it now bit it still could be June/July or later for release. RIM needs at leeast 300 to 400 builds before ah OS is acceptable to a carrier. Look at wher 5 and 6 launched for reference. I would bet 6.1 isn't anywhere near that yet.

And besides, a Monaco is going to sell great on the VZW shelf next to an iphone 4, droid thunderbolt (LTE), LG revolution (LTE, dual core) and droid bionic (LYE, dual core). sprint may be just as bad with some of their upcoming devices. (rumor says they are announcing w 3d phone in February. yes, 3D, not 3G).

Of course of RIM gets a Monaco on shelves before April, or just after BBW by mid may then that is a ton better than third or fourth quarter of 2011. So I guess it would be the best of s bad situation.

Thanked by:
    K Bear (01-23-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,336 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rello View Post
    Ok so doesn't this pretty much confirm that this isn't being released under the Storm name?

I've said in another forum that I felt like this would possibly be a touch screen device headed to multiple carriers.

I could be wrong but I feel like RIM has either done away with the Storm line of devices, or the will hold the next Storm until QNX is ready.
    OK, so what if the decide to call the Monaco something other than a Storm. Would that really be a bad change?
    (AT&T)Nokia 5110(2001)-->(Cingular)Nokia 6102i (2007)-->(T-Mobile) Blackberry Pearl 8120 (2008)-->(T-Mobile) Blackberry Bold 9700(2010)-->(T-Mobile) T-Mobile G2 (2010)--> (Sprint) HTC Evo 4G White (2011)-->(T-Mobile) T-Mobile G2 (2011)--> (AT&T) HTC Inspire 4G (2011)(AT&T)HTC Vivid (2012)-->(Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S III White
    ~K Bear~

i think anything away fromt the storm is good.
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,655 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by The_Engine View Post
    If this is 6.1 we can expect several months of testing. VZW is only now getting ready to launch BB6 on the bold 9650 (anyone else get the flyer selling BB's and saying BB6 coming soon next to the bold?). And that is after over 400 builds and 6 to 8 months since it released.

They may be testing it now bit it still could be June/July or later for release. RIM needs at leeast 300 to 400 builds before ah OS is acceptable to a carrier. Look at wher 5 and 6 launched for reference. I would bet 6.1 isn't anywhere near that yet.

And besides, a Monaco is going to sell great on the VZW shelf next to an iphone 4, droid thunderbolt (LTE), LG revolution (LTE, dual core) and droid bionic (LYE, dual core). sprint may be just as bad with some of their upcoming devices. (rumor says they are announcing w 3d phone in February. yes, 3D, not 3G).

Of course of RIM gets a Monaco on shelves before April, or just after BBW by mid may then that is a ton better than third or fourth quarter of 2011. So I guess it would be the best of s bad situation.

I completely agree... this needs to be out much sooner than later.

I think OS6.1 is good, and the specs look pretty solid (I probably won't be putting much more on this device than what I have on my S2 now, so with the much upgraded processor and app memory I should have no problems there).

I just think that RIM would be making a big mistake if they released a non-LTE phone September or later...
    ~SaMaster14
    CrackBerry Addict

If BB6 is coming soon for the Bold, possibly the "monaco" will release soon too with BB6 since it will be an official OS. When 6.1 comes out it could be upgraded. Why hold on to the device and wait for 6.1 which may not be ready until the 3rd quarter.
    CrackBerry User

I don't really care what the name of the phone turns out to be. I just know that I've been waiting out for the next touch screen BlackBerry and I'm hoping it was worth the wait. Although I am going to miss my Bold's keyboard.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast