Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Battery Life - Help!!!! :(

Hello All,

Ever since upgrading my OS to 540 my battery life absolutely sucks. I easily lose about 12% of my battery life per hour so I get about 8 or so hours from a full charge. Basically I have to continously charge the batterry during the day.

I love this phone and it will take a bit more than this to make me give it up, but I was wondering if anyone can offer some tips to extending your battery life?

I have only UberSocial and Facebook running in the back ground, oh and what's app.

Any help would be appreciated.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    32FFA062

if your running uber social and facebook in the background and have them always looking for updates that will drain your battery very quickly. it takes a matter of seconds for facebook to update when you open it, so why run it all the time?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    PIN
    24 C1 BD 71

Me having the same issue. i have very few apps running (i dont have any GPS enabled apps running all time, except for foursquare which i promptly close after each use) but the battery consumptions is too much, it lasts a maximum of 6-8 hours.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    PIN
    Director of The Anti-Special Needs Posting Unit,,!!!

Get a Nokia AC-6U charger and make sure your phone is running the latest operating system and you will have good battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

How about downgrading you OS? I had the same problem with my 9900 (my wife has a 9860) and I downgraded the OS - problem solved.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,090 Global Posts

New os's come out fair quick, a new one will leak soon enough.

I turn Bluetooth Off when I'm not using it.

I have Smart WiFi App which turns WiFi off depending in he cell tower my phone is using

I have Battery Booster App which monitors apps which are running in the background and not being used. It also turns wifi off when the phone is in the autolocking pouch.

I also looking for an auto battery pull app, this should clean slate the phone every morning. Auto Reboot doesnt work. Error message and app doesnt open.

Edit: Installed deReset, it works.

I will report back on the outcome of these new purchases. Just installed the above.
    Last edited by Rgainsmi; 11-27-2011 at 05:28 AM.
    CrackBerry Addict

I was using a 9850 for a couple of weeks. I installed updated Yahoo Messenger from App World, but I never use it. All of a sudden my battery started to run down fast. I deleted Yahoo Messenger and then I got 12-16 hours battery life again.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,254 Global Posts

i get amazing battery life on .540. its all about what apps you have, how you use your phone and how diligent you are with closing your apps out properly. i keep my backlight on 10%, shut everything down properly, have apps update once an hour and delete problematic apps like scoremobile. i get under 2% discharge while at idle on wifi and 4G and like 3-4% during normal medium to heavy usage.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by olblueyez View Post
    Get a Nokia AC-6U charger and make sure your phone is running the latest operating system and you will have good battery life.

You can leed a horse to water.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,090 Global Posts

Hour of use and I'm down to 86%, couple of emails, couple of FB posts, some RSS reading.

The SmartWiFi app turned off the wifi as advertised...pretty cool...
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,254 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by olblueyez View Post
    You can leed a horse to water.
    explain how this charger is supposed to help before the rest of crackberry goes thirsty then. i dont see how this would help at all over any other charger.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    PIN

Default Battery Life - Help!!!! :(

Me use Blackberry Charger, Phone die quick. Me use Nokia Charger, Phone last longer.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 11-27-2011 at 10:08 PM.
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml <~ DELETE
    C:\Users\*User Name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\vendor.xml <~ DELETE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe <~ (Right Click) RUN AS ADMINASTRATOR
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
    explain how this charger is supposed to help before the rest of crackberry goes thirsty then. i dont see how this would help at all over any other charger.
    slower rate of charge usually gives a better charge to a battery .
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,090 Global Posts

8.5 hours and i still have 30% left. Maybe the battery apps work...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
    i get amazing battery life on .540. its all about what apps you have, how you use your phone and how diligent you are with closing your apps out properly. i keep my backlight on 10%, shut everything down properly, have apps update once an hour and delete problematic apps like scoremobile. i get under 2% discharge while at idle on wifi and 4G and like 3-4% during normal medium to heavy usage.
    +1 on dictoresno's post. Dropping my backlight down to 10 was a huge difference and didn't really notice it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    PIN

I let the 9900 charge over night using the Nokia charger.

I just downloaded an hour long MP4 and Watched it. My Battery is now at 82%. I used my 4G connection only to download the MP4.

I also have/had 3 extra programs running in the background.

MemoryUp
    NetworkAcc
    BatteryPlus

Last edited by olblueyez; 11-28-2011 at 11:00 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    PIN

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    PIN
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I'm on 65% since my last charge 8 hours ago, made a couple of calls, sent a couple of text's and done some web browsing. I reckon it's quite good... Have the battery booster app and dimmed the screen backlight to 10.