Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Anyone seen 9860 in store at Rogers?

I went to a Rogers store in Grande Prairie and the guy told me the phone hasn't been release yet. I directed him to the home page. Has anyone seen them in store yet?
    CrackBerry Addict

When is the Rogers 9860 supposed to be released? Cause if it was supposed to be released the day you went to check out the store, they might not get stock in until later that day. I know Telus in my town only gets shipments of new phones in the DAY of their release. So quite possibly they may have just not been received yet. Odd however that the employees aren't aware of the release date, they usually get bulletins and online training BEFORE the phone hits stores.
    Banned

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts

I have called and even went into the Rogers store. They have them on display, but nothing in stock. As of right now you can only order them on-line.
    Banned

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts

I'm getting very impatient with Rogers not releasing the device.
    CrackBerry Addict

according to head office the release date was august 26th. however every store i have called in the gta does not have stock
    Banned

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts

They completely lie to us nothing available just on-line order that's bull**** .
    CrackBerry Abuser

Another week apparently...
    CrackBerry User

Rogers is really starting to get on my nerves. They played these same bul**** games with the 9800 last year.

The reality is, they put the 9860 on their website so people would believe Rogers had it first, when the fact is, Bell and Telus both have it online and in stores while Rogers still does not.

What a pack of lying fools
    CrackBerry Abuser

My contract for one of my lines expired recently and 9860 is the device I want. I have wasted good 3 hours of my (precious) life calling and checking Rogers stores since the day it was put on the web site which I will never get back. With this sneaky tactic Rogers has complete disregard to their customers and is engaging in a dirty game. I feel ashamed for them. At minimum simple message on heir website saying "order online now or wait until d/m to pick up in store" would be more human way of managing their customer expectations. I honestly thinnk whoever is in charge of marketing over there is very inconsiderate person.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

This is extremely frustrating. I'm going on a roadtrip next Monday and was hoping to have the new phone for then. This, and the fact they are charging 70 more than other providers on a 3 year term are giving me reasons to jump ship.
    CrackBerry Abuser

YES!!!! Got mine just before 5 pm from Rogers plus downtown!! They only received 3!!!

Banned

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crackb3ri View Post
    YES!!!! Got mine just before 5 pm from Rogers plus downtown!! They only received 3!!!

can I buy yours
    CrackBerry User

there was a news item late last week that several skids (pallets) of blackberry phones were stolen from a depot (I think in Ontario but I actually dont remember where for sure)
    The value was in the high 100,000's.
    That could be where my cell phone went.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I got mine a PacMall.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jbrians View Post
    there was a news item late last week that several skids (pallets) of blackberry phones were stolen from a depot (I think in Ontario but I actually dont remember where for sure)
    The value was in the high 100,000's.
    That could be where my cell phone went.
    Those were 9810's.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hey Everyone,

The rogers store in NORTH VANCOUVER on LONSDALE has BLACKBERRY 9860'S in stock i just picked mine up at bout 5:30pm this evening!