Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Anyone have 4g working at full capacity on 9860

My phone company recently upgraded their service to 4g and I am unable to utilize it because I bought my phone from Vodaphone and there appears to be some compatibility issues. So I'm stuck on EDGE.

Which carriers supports 4g for this phone?
    CrackBerry Abuser

No blackberry phones support 4G at this time.
    CrackBerry Genius

Huh? Yeah they do... all depends on the carrier's definition of 4G. The 9860 is HSPA+ compatible, which is being called 4G by essentially all but the CDMA carriers.

@muddasick, if your phone is only connecting at EDGE speeds, that has me wondering what bands your carrier uses. You'll need to check into that. But I have a 9860 and get HSPA+ (a.k.a. 4G) on my carrier (Telus).
    On Twitter: k_r_y_p_t_o
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,254 Global Posts

didnt your question get answered already?????? your phone WONT work with your carriers 4G and you will need an at&t, rogers or bell 9860 with the 850/1900 HSPA+ bands. vodafone and tmobile branded ones wont work with your network.

is my 9860 4G capable???

crossposting is against forum rules. you couldve asked which carriers phone to go with in your other thread.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 12-08-2011 at 02:27 AM.
    Thanked by:
    Fort Neyland (12-13-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

I was not sure about all of the carrier's. Sorry

Global Posts
    9,254 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyexx View Post
    No blackberry phones support 4G at this time.
    um......the 9860 and 9900 support HSPA+, which some carriers are considering a bolt on 4G network and marketing it as such. so "technically" yea they support 4G. just not a true LTE 4G. its a stop-gap in between networks, but is faster than 3G.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    330AB97D

Yeah, I just saw an att commercial for the Torch9810 and it was promoting its use on 4g, and I was like 'wha..? Really?' Now it makes sense haha

Global Posts
    9,254 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 13david77 View Post
    Yeah, I just saw an att commercial for the Torch9810 and it was promoting its use on 4g, and I was like 'wha..? Really?' Now it makes sense haha
    keep in mind its only HSPA+, not true 4G LTE.
    CrackBerry Genius

You're going to hate me, but technically, not even LTE is true 4G. That said though, they have officially permitted both LTE and HSPA+ to be called 4G, so...
    On Twitter: k_r_y_p_t_o
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    24DA709A

AT&T told me in my area we have 7 of 12 towers up with LTE 4G and my speeds on device are showing good speed on down and up. So I really don't know if I'm in stop gap or what.

Global Posts
    9,254 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Neyland View Post
    AT&T told me in my area we have 7 of 12 towers up with LTE 4G and my speeds on device are showing good speed on down and up. So I really don't know if I'm in stop gap or what.
    your Torch doesnt even have an LTE radio so you arent even using LTE even if its available in your area.