Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Anyone else going to miss SurePress?

I for one am really disappointed they are giving up on the sure press technology. I loved the concept and the storm 2 was headed in the right direction, just needed a bit more work to make the overall experience more smooth and polished. That's what I was hoping the Storm 3 would end up being, an OS 6.1 beast with a perfected SurePress screen.

Does anyone else really want to see the SurePress again?
    White Torch 9800 - OS .486

Follow me on Twitter - j_bennett_
    Thanked by:
    larry5332 (03-25-2011) 
    DeeLishusOne likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

I like SurePress since the Storm 1 was my first BB so I never used a physical keyboard. I will miss it, but I think we are in the minority.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Storm 1 was my only BB I have ever owned and I love the surepress. I can't imagine a new touch screen without it, but I guess it will be gone.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

I will miss it. I played with a Thunderbolt this past week end, the whole phone kind of vibrates when you select a letter while typing. Very odd feeling, I didn't like it one bit...

But what I really miss is being able to type and surf or do anything on this F'n P.O.S. Storm 1 I still have... BB, release the damn new phone already!!!
    BB Storm
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,655 Global Posts

I really miss it. I currently have a MotoDext (Storm1 contract and Dext was on sale no contract) and I have to always use the physical keyboard because I have to be really careful when typing on the screen. I've only found 8pen to be really useful, as even swype is too picky sometimes.
    Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > iOS > Android > Symbian > WebOS > Meego
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

No

10char
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,503 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tyro-n-tequila View Post
    I will miss it. I played with a Thunderbolt this past week end, the whole phone kind of vibrates when you select a letter while typing. Very odd feeling, I didn't like it one bit...

But what I really miss is being able to type and surf or do anything on this F'n P.O.S. Storm 1 I still have... BB, release the damn new phone already!!!
    You can turn the haptic feedback off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    PIN
    3129D616

I'm kind of disappointed SurePress is dead. After messing a bit with the OS, it worked really well on my Storm 2. SurePress is part of the reason I got the phone to begin with. Ah well. I'll give the Monaco a try when it hits the stores; otherwise, I'll be looking much harder at the Bold Touch.
    To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    949 Global Posts

I thought I was going to miss SurePress, after having an S1 and an S2.

Then I got my Droid X with Swype, and I can't imagine going back to that kludgy click screen on the Storms.

RIM really dropped the ball by waiting so long to replace the S2. I think they may have lost the touchscreen market for good.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Yes, I am going to miss the surepress. Something about knowing that I am connecting with the keys or not just randomly opening apps is very satisfying. I find myself on other touchscreens trying to make them 'click'. Ionatan - Go Man U!, don't you feel like "if" and not "when" for the Monaco? Getting tired of waiting, but won't buy anything else.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    32FE7236

Maybe... When surepress worked on my phone it was great. It is nice having that click to reassure yourself you touched the right thing. However, as my Storm 2 got older it became less and less responsive. I just had to replace it because the click was hit it miss too frequently. The replacement is great, so right now I think I might but then again, when the screen decides it doesn't feel like clicking it was EXTREMELY frustrating when you couldn't answer the phone or type a word.
    "Ever true to you,
    Dear old White and Blue"
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,421 Global Posts

Good riddance.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B631BE4

I too have developed love for suretype first on Storm1 then storm 2 and now torch. I never use physical keypad on torch.
    Prithvi (pin:2b656c63)Z30/10.2.2.1531)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,655 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prithvi64 View Post
    I too have developed love for suretype first on Storm1 then storm 2 and now torch. I never use physical keypad on torch.
    Yeah Suretype is awesome no matter what the qwerty shills say.
    Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > iOS > Android > Symbian > WebOS > Meego
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,503 Global Posts

There is a big difference between suretype and surepress.

Suretype is available on android by the way.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    PIN
    3129D616

Quote Originally Posted by Ntropy99 View Post
    Ionatan - Go Man U!, don't you feel like "if" and not "when" for the Monaco? Getting tired of waiting, but won't buy anything else.
    Wasn't the release date finally announced though? I'm probably mistaken.

Nice to see another red devil on here too.
    To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    6,418 Global Posts

Not gonna miss the surepress/touch at all.
    Definitely not gonna miss trying to position the cursor on the screen to have it go every place but where I want it.
    Good Luck

iPhone 4S
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi
    Former Storm2 & Palm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    eapple EXPress

I'm definitely going to miss surepress. One of the reasons I went with the S2 in the first place. The trackpad is a nice edition though. I wish they just gave an option to turn surepress off since it is controlled by the software anyway.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,291 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FD6DBB

I will miss it. I like that "feedback" the click provided, however, I am getting so tired of waiting for LTE/Fast browser/QNX, I may be headed for the Bionic. Sad, but true!
    Cory
    VZW 9550 OOAKDPC .743/.713
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,503 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    I will miss it. I like that "feedback" the click provided, however, I am getting so tired of waiting for LTE/Fast browser/QNX, I may be headed for the Bionic. Sad, but true!
    The only thing that you'll regret, is that you didn't do it sooner.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,183 Global Posts

Not going to miss it. I found my self typing a lot faster with a plain old touchscreen.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm gona miss it.

In fact I'm strongly considering switching to the bold touch.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    PIN
    BeBold

Default I'm in

I'll miss it. Went and played with iPhone 4 today and kept opening apps I didn't want to cause I touched screen in wrong place. Don't really want the iPhone, but if RIM's only goal is to be like the rest I guess it will be iPhone for me. At least Apple has their own app store and doesn't need Google app's.
    CrackBerry Genius

I won't.

For one, the future of touchscreen devices evidently isn't clickable screens- since no other phones and zero tablets have it.

I don't like them- tho at first I thought it was a cute novelty- because it is one more moving part and any moving parts add weak links in the chain- more oppurtunities to break down.

My click screen S1 and now S2 suffer from low temperature days (fortunately not too many here in Texas) and my S2 screen "shorts out" and malfunctions during mornings with very high humidity.
    We do have those in south east texas. Tho the screens in the S2's are better than S1's, they still cause more harm than good so I feel I will welcome a normal non-click touch screen.

We only have a few years to wait for RIM to release one.

I means months.

Or whatever.

CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

I thought I'd miss surepress but I don't-not at all. I first thought the Thunderbolt screen was too touchy, but it is like any other new devise, it just take a little time to adjust. Now that I am sailing across the screen and loading pages in an instant, it is hard to believe that I actually resisted the change because of wanting surepress.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast