CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default any1 ever used this battery?

New 1900mAh JM1 Battery For Blackberry Bold 9900 9930 9790 Torch 9850 Curve 9380 | eBay

i am searching for a new battery and this seems to have more juice i just want to know if anyone ever bought one of these and if i can still use my original back cover. Thanks

Global Posts
    35,123 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Default Re: any1 ever used this battery?

My recommendation, just buy a spare OEM. This one is the same size, so it should be the same mAh in reality. Since they aren't concerned about honest specs, their quality is certain to be suspect.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask and you shall receive...

Default any1 ever used this battery?

I personally stay away from eBay when it comes to batteries. Too many fakes, ones that were used and sold as new, not worth it to me. I'd stick to oem batteries, Seido is the only brand of aftermarket batteries I used and fully trust.
    CrackBerry Addict

safer to buy OEM one
    CrackBerry Abuser

I understand that for the price and the 1900mAh, it's tempting. But everyone here has a great point, stick to OEMs. And it doesn't say anything about including a decoder. I imagine it would need one if it's a type of battery that can go on any of those other models mentioned.

I've seen others that claim to be 3600mAh and still being the same size, I imagine it would run very HOT, I wouldn't risk it blowing up on my face or pocket.

The best thing to do is buy a spare OEM battery, yes it will run you $30 after taxes BlackBerry JM-1 1230mAh Standard Battery or like I did, get a spare with a pod to charge both at the same time: BlackBerry J-Series Extra Battery Charger Bundle for Bold 9930, Bold 9900, Bold 9790, Curve 9380, Torch 9850, Torch 9860

But think about it: RIM went with a 1230mAh for a reason. It's not the best out there, but it's good enough. So, either buy a product from a more reliable source and spend a few more but you'll know there's less chance of it failing, or go for the cheaper one with a higher amp but where there's almost no guarantee it will work, no guarantee the battery won't blow up, no guarantee it will work for your phone. It's your choice really, we're just giving our guidance to the best possible option. Good luck.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,060 Global Posts

Yes buy the OEM. I got it with the charger. It's great for carrying it around.
    CrackBerry Abuser

one time I bought a battery off Amazon that said it was OEM. Turns out it was a knock off. It was shorter than the original battery. Had to add a piece of cardboard and tape to it to make it work! Never again, only OEM from RIM for me!
    Southern Illinois does not start at the southern edge of Cook County! (Chicago) It is about 250 miles South of there!! I really wish Illinois politicians knew this!!!
    CrackBerry User

I just said this in another post, but I just got this battery...
    3600mAh Extended Battery Back Cover Decoder for Blackberry Torch 9850 9860 | eBay
    and it works excellent so far. I've tried lots of extended batteries for this phone and this is the first one that worked. It didn't come with a decoder, but it still worked as soon as i put it in. I guess it could be bad for the phone, but I don't see any difference. It doesn't seem to get any hotter than the other did.