Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C80862

Default 9860 Media Card problems, so frustrating...!

Good to know your phone is working fine now... Thanks for the update...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

I always (de-select) enable compression in [storage] options, never had a problem!

Thanks
    Last edited by fabio1; 01-29-2013 at 01:26 AM.
    CrackBerry Addict

So at a loss for words right now. After like after a couple of days with my cell phone working flawlessly. I'm back at square one again. Like really!!! Pictures have all gone. So so strange!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #29  

Since my original post back in September I can confirm that once I'd changed my card the 9860 has worked flawlessly (I use it extensively for media from its external card). so I'm answering my own initial question and suggesting it a problem (eventually) with the media card not the hardware.

I tried everything with the card that caused me problems to no avail...

One interesting point tho is that the offending card is now reformatted and running several thousand pictures quite happily on my Sony Photoframe.
    CrackBerry Addict

Yes I understand Craig and thx for your responce. However I'm not using any extra media cards. Just whatever is in the internal phone itself. Therefore I'm guessing its a actual hardware problem. Thought I'd be happy for awhile with this new upgrade and all. But now thinking will need to most likely change to z10. Can't have these daily issues.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #31  

I understand your frustration, and I agree it shouldn't happen.

Have you done a full factory reset???

Are you sure none of your internal memory files (photos or music or video etc) are not corrupt?
    CrackBerry Addict

Hi Craig. How would I be able to tell if any of my media files have been corrupt. I had saved my pics via USB onto my computer. And only installed 25% of them back on once I installed the new os.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C80862

As I said... Get a 16gb card...

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #34  

Quote Originally Posted by 007Storm View Post
    Hi Craig. How would I be able to tell if any of my media files have been corrupt. I had saved my pics via USB onto my computer. And only installed 25% of them back on once I installed the new os.
    I'd do it by formatting your memory etc then dont put any of the original files back on for a while.
    Put other pictures videos and music on there to test it out but not the ones you had on originally.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I've a 9860, running 7.1 bundle 2061. (v7.1.0.714)

Since i've updated to this version, it doesn't happens anymore
    CrackBerry Addict

So today it decided to just turn on and off randomly. Or just keep freezing on me. Did maybe 15 battery pulls. Ended up reformatting my card and leaving my library pics etc empty. Lets see what happens! Good lord. Not a happy camper.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C80862

I had the same problem and the Phone used to freeze up on me for no apparent reason. I noticed that this started after I got the 32gb card. It worked well on all other cards lesser than 32gb.. So now I have a 16gb card saving me the heartache of battery pulls and re-formatting and updating the OS... Man... Save yourself the agony and get a smaller card.

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #38  

The 9860 works great with a 32 GB card.
    don't limit yourself to lesser capacities.
    just be prepared to replace the card if it suddenly starts to screw itself up.....

Media cards are not expensive these days, if you're lucky a good one will last many years before it fails. If you're unlucky, just buy a new one from a reputable brand.

As I said in a previous post here. I have re-cycled the 32GB card to a photoframe with great results. From experience I'm guessing once the 9860 starts having media card problems, the problems lie more with the device rather than the card...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12