Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Anrchyst
  • 1 Post By rickkel
  • 1 Post By rickkel
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 9860 Inverted Display Issue

Have an issue with the display on my 9860, the display is literally upside down and backwards (mirrored). Have tried everything but a full wipe. Anyone experience the same or have suggestions for a fix?

Have searched for similar threads, sorry if this has been covered but couldn't find anything related.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

there's one other thread about this, "all turned around" on page 6 in the crackberry app

i don't think there was a solution posted, but it's surely a memory error or a corrupted os file...clean memory, delete all messages, remove any recent apps you've installed one at a time to see if they caused it, battery pull and let it reboot...wipe it and reload it, try a newer os .402 just leaked, supposed to be pretty good

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    586 Global Posts

wiping and reloading the OS is the only thing I can think of that might solve this. Sounds like a pretty crazy problem honestly,
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    3308080f

hey im the guy from the all turned around thread. so far the only remedy i found was downgrading the OS then reinstalling whichever u had running before. i have to do this weekly. literally every sunday since it started happening. im still looking for a permanent solution. if i do come across anything ill post it here also
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    PIN
    3317EBA5

Why don't you exchange it?
    Probably sent from my PB via BBBridge on my Torch 9850
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    3308080f

well i guess he can go with that option. i cant cuz i imported my phone. n i like the challenge of trying to find a solution.
    NightSlayer likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,088 Global Posts
    PIN
    32E87D6D

You two guys with the same problem should compare apps, os's/hybrids, etc to see if you have anything in common that may have done this. Yea, you can exchange the phones, but what's to stop it from happening again on replacement devices?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    3308080f

hey did u solve your problem. mine got worse. screen no longer works. trying several dif os'es to see if thats the issue. i know it isnt but i just gotta go thru al options. i think its a hardware issue. anyone know where i may be able to order a replacement screen.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    3308080f

An update and possible warning for Shathibco my screen is now totally dead. dunno what ur experiencing hope ur faring better.

can anyone point me in the direction of aquiring a replacement?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi Guys,

Two 9860 phones with the same inverted screen issue.
    We are a repair center. Tried full wipe, reload all ver on OS. Disconnected battery on mainboard.
    Still no soultion. We will continue to work the issue and post what we come up with.
    P.S. My phones came in with broken USB charge ports. After a clean and tidy repair, phones charge and sync no problem...but we have the inverted issue. What the Dillio!!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Did anyone found the solution, I have the same problem
    CrackBerry Newbie

i have the same inverted screen problem haven't found a solution same 9860
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    3308080f

has anyone found a solution to the problem. i dismantled my phone n after putting it back together it worked. so it may be a result of sum loose connection. but now ive got a backlighting ?? problem. screen is on and in the correct orientation but im unable to see a thing cuz its dim. gotta angle it in bright light to see if the screen is acutally working
    CrackBerry Abuser

I've scoured CrackBerry and the web in general to find out a fix for the problem I'm having with my Verizon Torch 9850. I replaced the front panel digitizer screen only (it was scratched badly and the buttons were stuck in the down position). When I put it together, the screen display was inverted and mirrored. It's not the new part, because I put the old one back in and it's still inverted.

From sites wide and far I've found people were able to fix this issue by downgrading the OS to a 7.0.xxx version, then upgrade to the most recent 7.1.xxx version. I did this, but it did not work.

The only other promising fix was going into the "Engineering Screen" (apparently accessed in the same way as the Help Me information screen), and choosing an LCD option screen to make some changes. The phone must be unlocked to to this (mine is). I can access the Help information screen, but there is no LCD option screen that I can find.

Certainly someone here has had this problem and fixed it. I'm at my ropes end; I was up until 3:30 this morning trying to find a solution. Are there any suggestions anyone can offer? The friend I gave this phone to is phoneless until I get this fixed. Thanks.
    Verizon Z30 STA100-3 ~ PIN: 334E1CB2~ OS: 10.2.2.1531
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    PIN
    T Please!

I had this when I replaced my charging port,

I downgraded to the OS that originally came with my phone, didn't work

So I downloaded the earliest version of 7.0 I could find (100 or 115, can't remember)

This cured it, try going for the earliest one you can get to load!
    Thanked by:
    rickkel (08-31-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbo View Post
    I had this when I replaced my charging port, I downgraded to the OS that originally came with my phone, didn't work. So I downloaded the earliest version of 7.0 I could find (100 or 115, can't remember)
    This cured it, try going for the earliest one you can get to load!
    Thank you very much Stubbo, your recommendation worked like a charm! I had pretty much given up trying to make this work, but I was only downgrading the phone to older 7.1 OS versions, not the 7.0 version that was originally on the phone (keeping the box for the old phone was the best thing I ever did - the OS version is right on the box label). I pulled the battery and went on vacation for the past two weeks and saw your post and thought I'd give this one more try before I threw the phone away. This is great day indeed!!!!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

well glad im not the only one....but ive got the 9850 not the 9860.....no luck upgrading or downgrading the OS
    CrackBerry Abuser

Mine was a 9850, not an 9860. You might not be downgrading the OS low enough. You want the original 7.0 version that came on the phone when new. If you use an old 7.1 it will not work.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Sir Glaurung the Great

Quote Originally Posted by francees View Post
    well glad im not the only one....but ive got the 9850 not the 9860.....no luck upgrading or downgrading the OS
    I have a VZW 9850 and I have upgraded AND downgraded no problem. 7.1.xxx was pushed to me about 12/18 months ago, tried it and it was frying my battery, the WIFI hotspot thing VZW stuck in there to generate mo cash.

After 3 days with it, I went back to the original 7.0.0 bndl 1328, and all was right with the world (an pohone)..

c
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    33013B62

My situation is a little different than everyone elses. My 9850 is stuck at the loading screen, while having the upside down inverted screen. Can anyone shed some light?
    CrackBerry Newbie

plz chainge lcd
    CrackBerry Newbie

plz chainge og lcd