Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By tayl0rd
  • 3 Post By StaticFX
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 9850 Unboxing Pr0n

It has arrived! Here are some unboxing pix for your viewing pleasure. The phone feels slightly lighter than the Storm2; no doubt because of the wafer thin battery. Aesthetically, it looks better in person. The buttons aren't nearly as huge and ghastly as they appear in pix. In fact, I initially didn't even notice them! The sides taper off so sharply that it will definitely take some getting used to for the side buttons. There's just not enough surface area for a thumb to get a sure-feeling touch, and I have normal sized fingers, not those big sausage links that a lot of guys have. lol Anyways, here you are:

Oh! The charging pod does not come with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9850 Unboxing Pr0n-img_00000017.jpg   9850 Unboxing Pr0n-img_00000018.jpg   9850 Unboxing Pr0n-img_00000019.jpg   9850 Unboxing Pr0n-img_00000020.jpg   9850 Unboxing Pr0n-img_00000021.jpg  

9850 Unboxing Pr0n-img_00000022.jpg   9850 Unboxing Pr0n-img_00000023.jpg   9850 Unboxing Pr0n-img_00000024.jpg   9850 Unboxing Pr0n-img_00000025.jpg   9850 Unboxing Pr0n-img_00000026.jpg  

9850 Unboxing Pr0n-img_00000027.jpg   9850 Unboxing Pr0n-img_00000028.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:
    macbodock (09-10-2011),  zee921 (09-09-2011) 
    macbodock likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    just ask

very nice - my FedEx package is sitting at my front door waiting for me to get home.
    looking forward to seeing this device in person.

did you take these pictures with your playbook by chance?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lcfut View Post
    very nice - my FedEx package is sitting at my front door waiting for me to get home...
    Not any more its not....

Nikeem24, Albad861 and LewLew23 like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

very nice - my FedEx package is sitting at my front door waiting for me to get home.

Thats what I thought when looking at the photos! "Playbook photos i see.."

@OP Congrats on the purchase, you will be very happy with your new phone!
    CrackBerry User

Nice pics. I have mine ordered with my company. Should have it by Monday. Can't wait so excited. I also ordered the charging pod with a leather case and screen protector through crackberry and amazon.

Would anybody know if i get the premium case for the Torch would it fit in the charging pod? Just wondering.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by pietro13 View Post
    Nice pics. I have mine ordered with my company. Should have it by Monday. Can't wait so excited. I also ordered the charging pod with a leather case and screen protector through crackberry and amazon.

Would anybody know if i get the premium case for the Torch would it fit in the charging pod? Just wondering.
    Almost 100% of the time, when you have a case on your phone, It will not fit on the charging dock.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    it on my patnaz....

Quote Originally Posted by StaticFX View Post
    Not any more its not....

LMFAO!!!!!!!! That made my day.

10char
    "Active: Playbook+Bold Touch 9930"
    Retired: Pearl 8100, Curve 8320, Curve 8900, Bold 9000, Storm 9530, Storm 2 9550, Bold 9650
    Follow @Fr3shSwag

QNX "Our OS can run your OS"
    CrackBerry User

DannyJK

Thanks! I figured that. Just wanted to make sure before I go and buy one.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Sure did! haha
    CrackBerry Abuser

Once you're up and running on your new phone (Congrats BTW), would you please let us know if there's improvement in the touchscreen typing experience?

I've been on the fence on going full touchscreen cos I like my Bold's so much - but I may take the dive if I can get a first hand review from a fellow BB user rather than those on iPhones and Androids
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts

very nice - I'm jealous. I'll have mine by Christmas, hopefully. come on at&t - release this beauty!
    Hook 'Em Horns!

8700 -> 8310 (Curve) -> 9530 (Storm) -> 8310 (Curve) -> 9700 (Bold2) -> 9800 (Torch) -> iPhone 4S
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by PN009 View Post
    Once you're up and running on your new phone (Congrats BTW), would you please let us know if there's improvement in the touchscreen typing experience?

I've been on the fence on going full touchscreen cos I like my Bold's so much - but I may take the dive if I can get a first hand review from a fellow BB user rather than those on iPhones and Androids
    Well, I'm still getting used to the typing on it. It's really wide compared to my Storm2, and I can't "thumb" it like I could before. I have to sort of twist it like a fulcrum from side to side. It's simply too uncomfortable for me to try to type in portrait mode (with two hands,) so I haven't even tried it. However, I can't fathom that it would be anywhere near as bad as on the Storm(2) with SurePress. SurePress makes it all but impossible to type with one hand. One advantage to SurePress is you can press the screen to wake up the display. With this, I have to make a conscious effort, for now, to go for a button. It's going to be annoying trying to turn the alarm off now, if a screen touch won't do it. The buttons really are small.

The screen is really nice. I love how it is seemless from end to end. It's going to be interesting to see how the screen protector fits when it arrives. Anywho... One other thing I forgot to mention in regards to the weight; it lightness compared to the previous Storm line is also due to the plastic screen in addition to the thin battery. Only thing that worries me is it has "I'm gonna scratch" written all over it. That screen protector can't get here fast enough! Although it has shipped.

I like the rubberized coating on the back cover. That should be really nice for avoiding scratches.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Well, it didn't take long to get used to typing on it. Just had to slightly adjust the way I hold it. All is good now. And what a joy to be able to type in silence now!

A quick kudo about the screen; my fiancé has an iPhone 4, and we were playing Scrabble on it. It had been a while since I had used her phone. When I looked at the iPhone's screen after having been looking at my 9850's screen, the iPhone with its "retina display" looked awful in comparison. I used to be jealous of her display after using my S2, but now I just flaunt and taunt her with my 9850! LOL

She hates BlackBerries because she doesn't like, and won't try to get used to, the interface. I've been trying to convert her since my S2, but its SurePress was an insurmountable hurdle in getting her to convert. I think she's kind of digging the 9850, though. Wish me look! I might be right on the cusp of converting an Applehead to Berries!! The 9850 provides a similar enough user experience that she can get used to it quickly. The biggest thing that I notice is that she doesn't really grasp the concept of the buttons. And if she's a good representative of iPhone users, that's probably one of the biggest turnoffs to BlackBerries. And to be honest, that was a big turnoff to me the first few times I tried BlackBerries. I HATED the user interface and experience and wanted to throw them against a wall after only a few seconds. I believe they were all Curves and Pearls.

Anyways, before any of you think it, my fiancé is NOT an imbecile to technology. She works in the same tech field/industry as I. So she knows her way around tech. I just gotta get her indoctrinated into the BlackBerry ethos; trying to get her to get a PlayBook, too!
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by tayl0rd View Post
    Well, it didn't take long to get used to typing on it. Just had to slightly adjust the way I hold it. All is good now. And what a joy to be able to type in silence now!
    I'm so with you on this! Surepress was cool at first but being in meetings or in places where it's very quiet, you can hear me typing away (click... click... click...).

I actually like the buttons, I religiously used the BB and Escape key like crazy on my S1 and now on my Torch. I also have gotten used to using the trackpad a lot.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    31006AFC

coolness....I was thinking about doing this with my PlayBook too yesterday when I got my 9850, but I just jumped right into it.....lol

As far as the keyboard/typing, I love it, at first had to get use to it for like 10-15 minutes. What helped me was that it reminded me of typing on my iTouch(yes I got an Apple product, the iTouch to me is like the best music/ipod player, but that is my preference).....the typing on both are similar, I like it better than my old Storm 2 & Storm 1......I think once people get used to it and play around with it more typing is going to become second nature.......now I need to go find out what I'm going to do with my old Storm 1 & 2...lol