CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 9850 Erratic-Virtually unusable when on the charger

My 9850 is virtually unusable when its on the charger. I am heavy user during the day a go thru the battery charge by 3:00pm most days. When plugged into charger (either car charger or home charger) the phone becomes erratic to the touch and apps opening up all over the place. Anyone else had this experience? BTW this is 9850 #3 for since September 20th. I know this phone is crap but I am stuck with it.

Any help would be appreciated.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    PIN
    No more PIN

I feel your pain but I too am convinced the phone is crap...I can't even pick the phone up without an application opening. I have tried all settings but still no help...back button is broken and my carrier takes three weeks to repair while I have to put down $150 for loaner phone.
    Had 4 Storm 2 and had enough...I am willing to cancel my contract and move on the the Galaxy Nexus.
    RIM have no clue what going on...by the time the BBOS or QNX make it out the door it will be the best blackberry ever but 1 1/2 year too late with old technology.
    Sad thing is I have 5 BB in our household so you must know how frustrated I must be to leave BB.
    Good luck
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu View Post
    I feel your pain but I too am convinced the phone is crap...I can't even pick the phone up without an application opening. I have tried all settings but still no help...back button is broken and my carrier takes three weeks to repair while I have to put down $150 for loaner phone.
    Had 4 Storm 2 and had enough...I am willing to cancel my contract and move on the the Galaxy Nexus.
    RIM have no clue what going on...by the time the BBOS or QNX make it out the door it will be the best blackberry ever but 1 1/2 year too late with old technology.
    Sad thing is I have 5 BB in our household so you must know how frustrated I must be to leave BB.
    Good luck
    I was encouraged when I got #3 9850 but when I saw the same issue with using the phone while trying to charge I was greatly disappointed. Phone work best of all three but with this same problem tells me it the clock is ticking on this phone as well and will crap out too.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi all,
    Nice to share with all of you. I think I'm also facing nearly the same issue. I notice my BB9860 will automatically selecting or pressing the virtual keypad when charged using usb cable or if I'm connecting to pc or laptop. It's There's a ghost pressing my touch screen. I felt really. Another same thing happenned when my my BB9860 placed near my laptop charger. Seems like very sensitive.
    Anyone here face same issues as I am?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by msd58 View Post
    My 9850 is virtually unusable when its on the charger. I am heavy user during the day a go thru the battery charge by 3:00pm most days. When plugged into charger (either car charger or home charger) the phone becomes erratic to the touch and apps opening up all over the place. Anyone else had this experience? BTW this is 9850 #3 for since September 20th. I know this phone is crap but I am stuck with it.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Try a different charger.
    Mine will do this if I use a BlackBerry DC car charger and hook that up to a generic AC-2-DC converter. If use the car charger in a car, it's OK. It only acts up if I use the AC-2-DC converter. No problems with my dock, PC cable, or the AC-2-USB converter that came with the phone.

See this thread: Torch 9860: Erratic touchscreen when plugged in via USB. A cautionary tale.
    Thanked by:
    msd58 (11-22-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

This is a well documented behavior when using chargers or cables other than the OEM that came with the device.
    I had the trouble you describe but no longer since using the cable or charger that came with this phone.
    I am not alone, there are a few other threads with many other people reporting the same thing.
    Good luck.

Thanked by:
    msd58 (11-22-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Barbecue View Post
    This is a well documented behavior when using chargers or cables other than the OEM that came with the device.
    I had the trouble you describe but no longer since using the cable or charger that came with this phone.
    I am not alone, there are a few other threads with many other people reporting the same thing.
    Good luck.

Thanks. Bought new car charger from Verizon cured problem.