Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 7year love affair with BB over - Galaxy S2

Well I've been a loyal customer of blackberry for about 7 years now. The 9860 is an ok device, but it just isn't up to par with the forerunners from Samsung and Apple on the market now. This has been a tough decision but I've finally reach my breaking point. As a business machine the BB is unmatched, but my carrier just introduced 4g so media on the fly is the order of the say. Bbm is no longer enough to hold me. I will miss it but just isn't enough to keep me.

Plus I retrospect it wqs crazy to only utilize one phone maker for 7 years. I should have been doing the rounds earlier. If BB releases some solid phones in the future I'm completely open to returning.

Have you seen the Galaxy S2... It is a beast!

It was fun and thanks to all in this forum who have been so helpful over the years.

Hope I don't come crawling back to BB with my tail between my legs.... Lol
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    What's that?
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by muddasick View Post
    Hello All,

Ever since upgrading my OS to 540 my battery life absolutely sucks. I easily lose about 12% of my battery life per hour so I get about 8 or so hours from a full charge. Basically I have to continously charge the batterry during the day.
    I love this phone and it will take a bit more than this to make me give it up, but I was wondering if anyone can offer some tips to extending your battery life?

I have only UberSocial and Facebook running in the back ground, oh and what's app.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Guess it wasn't that hard to change....
    Last edited by RoseBud68; 12-13-2011 at 12:40 AM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

Its a beast alright! You'll need a briefcase just to carry it. Actually, I've spent a fair amount of time playing with one (my brother's) and it is a nice phone but just to big for my liking. I feel like Maxwell Smart with a shoe phone when holding it. Good choice though if leaving BB.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I really tried to hold on. I've survived the iphone and many others. But now the justification just isn't there anymore. With 4g speeds media friendly and capable phones are now necessary and current. And the galaxy S2 is "slightly" larger than the 9860. Again I think it is the direction that all cell phones are going in.

Plus I'm actually loving the idea of being free to explore different phones now. The idea of one maker for 7 years has really limited my exposure and experience.

My wife wants an iphone so it appears that we are both calling it a day. I Will give my 9860 to my daughter. So by extension I will still be a part of the BB family.