Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 7.1 on the way from Verizon

7.1 is showing as coming soon on the Verizon support page. Hurry up!!http://support.verizonwireless.com/p...date/torch.pdf
    Thanked by:
    msd58 (01-07-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Tx, that is nice.

Global Posts
    33,089 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM Me!

Awesome, thx

EDIT: It's actually available now!
    Last edited by hamsterwheel; 01-06-2012 at 10:59 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by hamsterwheel View Post
    Awesome, thx

EDIT: It's actually available now!
    might be a matter of a server refreshing, but I am not seeing the update as available yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheScionicMan View Post
    I don't know what else I need a SmartPhone to do, but RIM better hurry up and make it do it...
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    $3CR#T

Default VZW States Coming Soon

However, its the same revision and release that has previously been released by Sprint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7.1 on the way from Verizon-71-vzw-coming-soon.jpg  
    Juniper JNCIS-SEC, RiverBed RCSP-W, Aruba ACMA
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

I am surprised that Verizon is even supporting this phone at this point, so I am thankful.
    CrackBerry Genius

Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 01-06-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Global Posts
    33,089 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM Me!

Quote Originally Posted by remmy00 View Post
    might be a matter of a server refreshing, but I am not seeing the update as available yet.
    Sorry my bad. Got a little too excited there for a moment It's not available yet
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

Let is know if tis fixes the nuking.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,849 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask

Fixes nuking, but a like any RIM software it breaks as much if more than it fixes. Many users are reporting serious Battery drain issues, there is a confirmed memory leak tied to the media player (narrowed to the indexing function); some GPS tracking and holding issues....
    Ad Lucem

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by hamsterwheel View Post
    Sorry my bad. Got a little too excited there for a moment It's not available yet
    Ya big tease... was sitting there refreshing my browser window on the download site.. haha

strange that it is the exact same build as Sprint.. already have that installed and working fine... other than the sad battery life issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheScionicMan View Post
    I don't know what else I need a SmartPhone to do, but RIM better hurry up and make it do it...
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

Well, I guess I'd rather those isses then a dead BlackBerry. I was waiting for this update before I upgraded to the 9930.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,849 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask

7.1 causes at leat 1 media hang per day requiring a bat pull. Typically - Media Processor busy error.
    Ad Lucem

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    322C0DE9

So, they say Mobile Hot Spot will be supported, but does using it incur tethering charges? (you know, b/c Big Red loves charging for everything and anything they can)
    Last edited by MattD; 01-06-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    PIN
    T!

Quote Originally Posted by 1magine View Post
    7.1 causes at leat 1 media hang per day requiring a bat pull. Typically - Media Processor busy error.
    I've experienced the same, though I thought it was a problem with Pandora: usually Pandora hangs, and when I try to use Media Player, instead, I get this error.

In addition, I've had problems with phone calls in that the connection is made, but no audio, requiring a battery pull. Then with all these battery pulls, my custom font select reverts back to stock, and another reset corrects.

I was planning on downgrading to the current official VZN version, because it sure seems like this 7.1 build is complete crap. I couldn't care less about the mobile hotspot, to be honest.
    Barefoot_Kevin likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

I've been on 7.1 since Sprint put it out. I'm happy to say I have not experienced that problem. I haven't had to pull the battery on this phone since I got it on release day.
    Thanked by:
    maddie1128 (01-10-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    331A5FF3

anyone able to download it yet?
    Sent From My BlackBerry Bold 9930
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,849 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask

Quote Originally Posted by jhimmel View Post
    I've been on 7.1 since Sprint put it out. I'm happy to say I have not experienced that problem. I haven't had to pull the battery on this phone since I got it on release day.

Do you use the media player allot? Have an SD card? I've actually spent several hours looking at this issue. There is a coding issue whereby the media player will hold on to resources (usually related to indexing on the media card) that will cause this error, when one later uses streaming media. That is, play a song or video on your media card, then a Youtube video. Sometime the OS handles it correctly - but quite often there is a resulting competition for the same resources causing the media player to hang, the device to become unresponsive or the error 'Device Media Processor is Busy'.
    Ad Lucem

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,849 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask

PS - you can see the oddness of the media player issues by restarting the device and looking at the memory usage of the media player inparticular. At times it will capture as much as 60 megs of space, much of it it will release, but the longer it is in use, the more memory it will hold actively even after shut, and the more memory will be lost in holding on to resources that should be released.
    Ad Lucem

CrackBerry Genius

Do you use the media player allot? Have an SD card? I've actually spent several hours looking at this issue. There is a coding issue whereby the media player will hold on to resources (usually related to indexing on the media card) that will cause this error, when one later uses streaming media. That is, play a song or video on your media card, then a Youtube video. Sometime the OS handles it correctly - but quite often there is a resulting competition for the same resources causing the media player to hang, the device to become unresponsive or the error 'Device Media Processor is Busy'.
    I use it all the time. It is pretty much my primary player in my car - through Bluetooth. I am not a heavy Youtube user, but I do check things out on that too, about a few times a week I would say. I just have not had any problems.

Are you saying that I need to have a music file playing (for instance) and while it is playing, try Youtube in order to see this problem? I don't think I have ever tried that.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by MattD View Post
    So, they say Mobile Hot Spot will be supported, but does using it incur tethering charges? (you know, b/c Big Red loves charging for everything and anything they can)
    Yes. If you do not have the hot spot/tethering service on your account ($30/month) the feature will not work.
    8830 > 9630 > 9650 > 9930
    CrackBerry User

Good Luck with it guys. I am Tmo user, and it looks like we will be last again....
    "If two wrongs don't make a right, try three"
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    PIN
    3-2-Frank-Charles-David-Boy-Edward-0

I don't have any of the issues mentioned in the article, so I hope that the update will not cause new problems. I'm happy about the hotspot capability, but I'm not looking forward to the possibly that Verizon would want to customers for the usage. What I would like for them (RIM) to update is the autofocus for the camera--this is my pet peeve and only complaint for the 9930.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,399 Global Posts

9860 is dead
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jhimmel View Post
    I use it all the time. It is pretty much my primary player in my car - through Bluetooth. I am not a heavy Youtube user, but I do check things out on that too, about a few times a week I would say. I just have not had any problems.

Are you saying that I need to have a music file playing (for instance) and while it is playing, try Youtube in order to see this problem? I don't think I have ever tried that.
    Me too, I listen to music almost everyday in my car and office. I lose an avg of 60+ megs a day. Hope this latest will fix that and the stupid random 30+ second screen feezing w/the busy icon.

Sometimes my end call button isn't responsive and very annoying when I'm trying to end a call and can't. Has anyone experience that? I thought I read that sometimes the buttons are unresponsive but not sure which ones.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast