Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 54
Like Tree2Likes
  1. rickkel's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    470 Posts
    #26  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abramadhi View Post
    It's easy..go to options>device>advanced system settings, push bb menu button, select show keyboard. Press the bottom left corner (&%123) and then ??5*..that's it.
    Thanks - I tried this on the previous OS version and it didn't work. It did on this version. I'm back in business...
  2. jhimmel's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,196 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,212 Global Posts
    #27  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Searzy View Post
    I'm sorry I don't understand your question - Do you mean regarding my post (above)?

    OR

    Do you mean "custom dictionary" on Torch? IF so, I have no problems with the Torch whatsoever with regards to the dictionary / custom dictionary / word substitution.
    Not "Custom Dictionary". Word Substitution. Some have reported they can not add or edit entries with this build.

    Most seem to be responding that it is broken. Are you sure?
    Last edited by jhimmel; 08-22-2012 at 06:09 PM.
  3. jhimmel's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,196 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,212 Global Posts
    #28  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abramadhi View Post
    If what u mean with word subtitution is autotext, yes it can't be edited or add new but can delete it. Probably it's a bug in this version of os.
    On my device it is called "Word Substitution". "Options\Typing and Language\Word Substitution"
  4. Klotar's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    401 Posts
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    PIN
    On Request
    #29  

    Default

    I also can't edit or add to Word Substitution, although I can edit and add to the Custom Dictionary. So, this is the only negative affecting me so far. Resource Monitor appearing for me too.
    Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department
    BlackBerry Certified Support Specialist
    Device: 9860 | OS: 7.1.0.649 | Carrier: Rogers Wireless
  5. bigjman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    326 Posts
    #30  

    Default

    One thing I noticed is if you open the phone app and it's on the address book tab and you switch it to the recent contacts take and try to dial from there, the cursor doesn't pop up for you to dial. You have to exit the app and open it again then it lets you dial.
  6. jhimmel's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,196 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,212 Global Posts
    #31  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
    I also can't edit or add to Word Substitution, although I can edit and add to the Custom Dictionary. So, this is the only negative affecting me so far. Resource Monitor appearing for me too.
    Okay, tried the update, and Word Substitution editing is broken for me too. :-(
  7. webmn's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    22 Posts
    #32  

    Default

    Strange, but since I went to .649, whenever I am bridged with my PlayBook, my 9860 is constantly accessing data from the 3g network. As soon as I disconnect bridge, it stops accessing (where the arrows appear on the top right corner of the screen). I also run a traffic monitor, and all of a sudden I am using up 80 to 100mb per day. Anyone else finding this?

    I don't recall any other apps I added recently that may be causing this. Just the upgrade to .649.
    Torch 9860 & 16gb PlayBook
  8. abramadhi's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    403 Posts
    #33  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jhimmel View Post
    On my device it is called "Word Substitution". "Options\Typing and Language\Word Substitution"

    Yup, autotext and word subtitution is the same thing. I can only delete, can't edit or add a new one..

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Z10 + 64GB PB
  9. SkaterGuy2k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    889 Posts
    PIN
    Ask and You Will Receive
    #34  

    Default

    Well it has been a couple of days now running this os and I have to say besides the browser actually being faster, the battery drain is constant at 4.5-12%, phone is running at 29c, and memory leak is about anywhere from 20-40mb a day, audio bug is there still when paused, also having the same issue with word subs not being able to edit or add new. Not a good OS but I will let it run for a little longer maybe some more battery pulls but right now not a happy camper. Fingers crossed for RC4 from BerryLicious.
    Hope this helps someone
    BB4Lyfe
    Thanked by:
    1magine (08-28-2012) 
  10. jhimmel's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,196 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,212 Global Posts
    #35  

    Default

    I agree, SkaterGuy. While I don't seem to be having battery and memory issues, the biggest known bugs seem to have gone untouched, and at least one major bug has been added. I really see no reason to move into this build. I'll leave it for a little while and see if anything new emerges, but I am a very big Word Sub user and have created a ton of subs for often used words and phrases that I get by double hitting a letter. Next time I want to add one I will be annoyed...lol. But I saw the reports about this problem and went in anyway, so only I am to blame.
  11. remmy00's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #36  

    Default

    Installed this new build and started having 2 issues:

    1) SMS messages were "disappearing". The notification would come through, including the pop-up via a third party app (ASOL), but then when I looked in my general message box or the SMS message box, they were not there. Also when I would send a message, they often times would not show in either message listing. Did a few reboots, monkeyed around with a few settings... rebooted again.. and none of that resolved the issue.

    2) There was significantly more "hourglassing" after this install.


    Re-installed .580 and things are going well now. 580 worked fine before, but I tend to be a leak junky so had to test out the new build. Guess sometimes if it aint broke I shouldn't try to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheScionicMan View Post
    I don't know what else I need a SmartPhone to do, but RIM better hurry up and make it do it...
  12. bigjman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    326 Posts
    #37  

    Default

    Is it me or is the music playback a little lower in volume on this build?
  13. Searzy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    219 Posts
    #38  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webmn View Post
    Strange, but since I went to .649, whenever I am bridged with my PlayBook, my 9860 is constantly accessing data from the 3g network

    You MAY have to wipe your PB. After the .523 update my PB Bridge email was always locked, and would never unlock.

    Wipe of the PB fixed the problem..
    Z10 till I die...

    searzyOUT!!
  14. jproy12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    219 Posts
    #39  

    Default

    I'd like to have more details on people running this, as I may be trying it!

    JP
    HTC Touch → Storm 1 9530 → Storm 2 9550 → Torch 9800 → TORCH 9860 + Playbook
  15. jronald78's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    15 Posts
    PIN
    29F05DD5
    #40  

    Default

    I've installed and running on this build for couple of days now.
    I'm experiencing big memory leak but the good thing is I'm having bigger free memory after manual battery pull, but I'll wait and see until the OS is settled.

    This one thing is bothering me, the phone has restarting on its own 4 times for the last 2 days. One is during call and the other one less than 20 minutes after I do manual battery pull...so I don't think that was because running out of memory.
  16. jronald78's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    15 Posts
    PIN
    29F05DD5
    #41  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remmy00 View Post
    Installed this new build and started having 2 issues:

    1) SMS messages were "disappearing". The notification would come through, including the pop-up via a third party app (ASOL), but then when I looked in my general message box or the SMS message box, they were not there. Also when I would send a message, they often times would not show in either message listing. Did a few reboots, monkeyed around with a few settings... rebooted again.. and none of that resolved the issue.

    2) There was significantly more "hourglassing" after this install.


    Re-installed .580 and things are going well now. 580 worked fine before, but I tend to be a leak junky so had to test out the new build. Guess sometimes if it aint broke I shouldn't try to fix it.
    I have no problem with sms.. but the freezing and halting is very often... and very annoying.
  17. jronald78's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    15 Posts
    PIN
    29F05DD5
    #42  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abramadhi View Post
    Yup, autotext and word subtitution is the same thing. I can only delete, can't edit or add a new one..

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    I have no problem with autotext...
  18. jronald78's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    15 Posts
    PIN
    29F05DD5
    #43  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TTBGF View Post
    Not too impressed really, over a day running this....

    1-media bug is still there
    2-cant create or edit word substititions
    3-battery drain seems higher than .569
    4- initially touch screen wld not respond, needed a reboot, never happened before.

    I may try a wipe and reinstall if I have the time.
    My touchscreen is constantly sometimes wouldn't respond, need a second touch...
  19. jhimmel's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,196 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,212 Global Posts
    #44  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jronald78 View Post
    I have no problem with autotext...
    You can edit your word substitution entries? You have tried this? You may be the first for it to be working with this build.
  20. jronald78's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    15 Posts
    PIN
    29F05DD5
    #45  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jhimmel View Post
    You can edit your word substitution entries? You have tried this? You may be the first for it to be working with this build.
    actually, yes... I have no problem editing those from the BBM menu "Edit AutoText"...

    am I really the only one?
  21. jhimmel's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,196 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,212 Global Posts
    #46  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jronald78 View Post
    actually, yes... I have no problem editing those from the BBM menu "Edit AutoText"...

    am I really the only one?
    No - "Options/Typing and Language/Word Substitution". Now edit one of your entries or try to add one.
  22. 1magine's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,229 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,233 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask
    #47  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkaterGuy2k View Post
    Well it has been a couple of days now running this os and I have to say besides the browser actually being faster, the battery drain is constant at 4.5-12%, phone is running at 29c, and memory leak is about anywhere from 20-40mb a day, audio bug is there still when paused, also having the same issue with word subs not being able to edit or add new. Not a good OS but I will let it run for a little longer maybe some more battery pulls but right now not a happy camper. Fingers crossed for RC4 from BerryLicious.
    Hope this helps someone
    BB4Lyfe
    I decided to skip this one. Until the memory leak and/or the audio bug is gone, I see no reason to upgrade.

    I will point out once more as we are a day away from September - almost ONE FULL YEAR since Verizon released the device and RIM even after more than 600 compiled builds, is still releasing buggy OSes to carriers and unable to fix issues since release date. One year and still no Theme Studio. I'm sorry, but anyone who is really paying attention, should have little faith in what RIM promises they can deliver next year.
    Ad Lucem

  23. Klotar's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    401 Posts
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    PIN
    On Request
    #48  

    Default

    I suppose I am somewhat fortunate that most of my auto-text entries that I'd use are already in there, so while not being able to add/edit is annoying, not a game-breaker. Personally I don't play media much, tether or stream so most of these features I don't use.

    However.... Wi-Fi Calling was huge for me (no reception in my basement where I spend a lot of time, 2 feet from my wireless router), so moving to .649 was without hesitation. Battery life and memory leak seem the same as previous versions for me (or not noticeable), so for the most part I am happy.
    Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department
    BlackBerry Certified Support Specialist
    Device: 9860 | OS: 7.1.0.649 | Carrier: Rogers Wireless
  24. jronald78's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    15 Posts
    PIN
    29F05DD5
    #49  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jhimmel View Post
    No - "Options/Typing and Language/Word Substitution". Now edit one of your entries or try to add one.
    Ooops... my mistake...
  25. abramadhi's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    403 Posts
    #50  

    Default

    I've just noticed that i can't "pinch to zoom" either in picture or browser. Still can double tap to zoom a particular part thou.

    Anybody else notice this bug?

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

    Edit: apparently there was an error and when i restart my phone everything is normal.

    So, after a week or so using this version, i'm quite happy. Everything runs faster than the previous os, especially the browser. Battery drain after a week seems a lot better. At first my ADR was around 11% and now it's around 4-5% with 3G only. Memory leak isn't bad either. I tend to reset my phone every 3 days and still above 100MB when i restarted my phone.

    The only bug i've discovered is the word subtitution that can't be added or edited. And also the battery temp tends to reach 35 C in heavy use.
    Last edited by abramadhi; 09-02-2012 at 02:35 AM.
    Z10 + 64GB PB
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions