Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 1st week with my Galaxy S2 from 9860

I have to admit, Blackberry (or RIM) are lagging far behind Adriod and iphone. So far behind that I fear they will simply never ever catch up. I was a loyal BB'er for 7 years, but since lastweek I can say I should have jumped ship much sooner.

The S2 is awesome, so amazingly customizable. So powerful, the speed is crazy. The screen is crisp. The apps.... Man the apps.... I use to think having so much apps was a waste - but man the choices are endless and fun. Video chat is also a plus and I find myself using it a lot lately. Front facing camera is needed obviously.

My fear was "would email be as seamless as it is on BB".... Well the answer is YES. There are actually many different ways to configure email as well as many different email clients to choose from. I use the stock client.

BBM... Ah yes, the reason why many of us are still holding on... Well Whatsapp is flawless as a replacement and cross platform so you get to communicate with ALL your friends. Plus what's app looks so much better on Andriod and iPhone. Getting my calendar to sync with outlook was also very easy.

All in all I have absolutely no issues or complaints now that I've made the switch. The keyboard took some getting use to but it is bigger than my 9860. Best of all I haven't had to do a battery pull once in over a week... Lol.

I'm not hating on BB just sharing my experience which I think I have earned as a 7 year LOYAL member... It was fun, but definitely over!
    Thanked by 4:
    1magine (12-28-2011),  jarda (12-25-2011),  waker (01-03-2012) 
    Jamma3, jarda and emirozmen like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Why are you post yet another thread about the same thing again if your not hating.
    Your last one was lucked. Glad your happy now move on.

1st day from 9860 to Galaxy S2...
    Last edited by RoseBud68; 12-25-2011 at 02:39 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts

Why are you spamming us? You've already made two threads talking about this already.
    I think we need to remind everyone about this thread: All Those Switching from a BlackBerry to another device (including BBs), Post here!
    Seems that a lot of users are forgetting it's there.
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 12-25-2011 at 03:10 PM.
    Perhaps life is just that...a dream and a fear.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,081 Global Posts

Can't wait for your 2nd week update
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

lol... Can't we all just get along...
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A8F06E

Agree with all your points, S2 is way better than BlackBerries but what keeps me in BB world is that BIS is cheap in middle eastand the only Data service provided in Unlimited. Also I got PlayBook which is so much addictive when streaming Youtubw over PB for free using my BlackBerry over Bridge when traveling on roads!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2B2790D7 Z30

Quote Originally Posted by muddasick View Post
    lol... Can't we all just get along...
    Yeah, go into the bears den, slap him around a little bit and tell him how much he sucks, then when he takes a swing at you, ask the Bear "why can't we all just get along?" lol

How about you go first, get along little doggy, get along.
    GryPhyNrz likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    PIN
    No more PIN

Thumbs up

I have to admit, Blackberry (or RIM) are lagging far behind Adriod and iphone. So far behind that I fear they will simply never ever catch up. I was a loyal BB'er for 7 years, but since lastweek I can say I should have jumped ship much sooner.

The S2 is awesome, so amazingly customizable. So powerful, the speed is crazy. The screen is crisp. The apps.... Man the apps.... I use to think having so much apps was a waste - but man the choices are endless and fun. Video chat is also a plus and I find myself using it a lot lately. Front facing camera is needed obviously.

My fear was "would email be as seamless as it is on BB".... Well the answer is YES. There are actually many different ways to configure email as well as many different email clients to choose from. I use the stock client.

BBM... Ah yes, the reason why many of us are still holding on... Well Whatsapp is flawless as a replacement and cross platform so you get to communicate with ALL your friends. Plus what's app looks so much better on Andriod and iPhone. Getting my calendar to sync with outlook was also very easy.

All in all I have absolutely no issues or complaints now that I've made the switch. The keyboard took some getting use to but it is bigger than my 9860. Best of all I haven't had to do a battery pull once in over a week... Lol.

I'm not hating on BB just sharing my experience which I think I have earned as a 7 year LOYAL member... It was fun, but definitely over!
    Man I can't blame you...I just wish you got the Galaxy Nexus like I did.
    I use to curse the folks who switch until I switched and now see the difference.
    Truth be told the 9860 I had is a horrible phone thst needs improvement.
    The only thing I missed was BBM and now after a couple of weeks I'm all good.
    CrackBerry Addict

After a few more weeks of fun with your new android and when the novelty wears down, some will return from the dark side. I had returned. Despite the many weaknesses of blackberry lamented by people, I still find blackberry the best for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    I Love BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Abuser

I've tried iphone, galaxy s2, windows mobile, symbian ... and following are the results of the comparison of hardware & software:
    1.iphone: batt is internal.If there is something with the batt, then you will bring it all to service centre.The handset is very expensive.You have to instal iTune to sync.Have to use a particular computer to sync, if not then all your photos, videos, songs and others will gone.Upgrade file size is very large ... 700 MB! That's insane !!!
    2.Android galaxy s2: somewhat complicated because the batt should be in the condition of 100% if you want to upgrade the os. This means you must first charge your android.
    3.Windows & symbian mobile: handset is not used for push-pull email, even if used to that service,the batt can be very wasteful and the handset will be very hot ... terrible!

For other comparisons:
    1.Blackberry has high efficient data transfer. Iphone & android will take a lot of resources to sync data (in idle & dedicated mode), so that the batt will be very wasteful!. And therefore your monthly bill would be 'swell'...
    2.Only blackberry has 'LED' notification !!!.... I really like this feature ... believe me ... hahahaha
    Metal Forever
    Telkomsel - Indonesia
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by imsatsel View Post
    I've tried iphone, galaxy s2, windows mobile, symbian ... and following are the results of the comparison of hardware & software:
    1.iphone: batt is internal.If there is something with the batt, then you will bring it all to service centre.The handset is very expensive.You have to instal iTune to sync.Have to use a particular computer to sync, if not then all your photos, videos, songs and others will gone.Upgrade file size is very large ... 700 MB! That's insane !!!
    2.Android galaxy s2: somewhat complicated because the batt should be in the condition of 100% if you want to upgrade the os. This means you must first charge your android.
    3.Windows & symbian mobile: handset is not used for push-pull email, even if used to that service,the batt can be very wasteful and the handset will be very hot ... terrible!

For other comparisons:
    1.Blackberry has high efficient data transfer. Iphone & android will take a lot of resources to sync data (in idle & dedicated mode), so that the batt will be very wasteful!. And therefore your monthly bill would be 'swell'...
    2.Only blackberry has 'LED' notification !!!.... I really like this feature ... believe me ... hahahaha
    The battery on my Droid Razr is internal and it works fine, thanks for asking.
    The LED on my Droid Razr also works good too.
    I don't have to worry about my monthly bill because I have unlimited 4GLTE.
    CrackBerry Abuser

yup,you have unlimited service,but after you reach the maximum say your carrier give you 4GB data use,then after that your throughput will drop to 64 kbps
    Metal Forever
    Telkomsel - Indonesia
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,267 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E

For other comparisons:
    That would all be great - if true. A lot of it isn't though. For example, Android have apps to use the LED indicator. iPhone 4s does too.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts

Thumbs up

yup,you have unlimited service,but after you reach the maximum say your carrier give you 4GB data use,then after that your throughput will drop to 64 kbps
    The weird part is that I barely even use 1GB of data, LOL.
    CrackBerry Abuser

what i mean is : led in blackberry will tells you if there is a new message comes in and sometimes you don't need to set the ringer...

as i mention before,i've tried galaxy s2 and still use it ( in my wardrobe where i put it )...it has no led notification...i fell empty
    Metal Forever
    Telkomsel - Indonesia
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,267 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E

what i mean is : led in blackberry will tells you if there is a new message comes in and sometimes you don't need to set the ringer...

as i mention before,i've tried galaxy s2 and still use it ( in my wardrobe where i put it )...it has no led notification...i fell empty
    Dude, look up NoLED. It's a android app that does just that and more.
    CrackBerry Abuser

thanks dude, i will...let's see what this app can do for my need
    Metal Forever
    Telkomsel - Indonesia
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    21666A72

I went from Android to BlackBerry! Have fun with all the Force Closes, poor battery life, and apps that ask for permisions that they should not be asking for. Enjoy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,036 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not gonna happen

Thanks for sharing your honest experiences and thoughts. However I am sure fanboys will still get offended by this lol.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I also switched to a Galaxy S2x from a 9860. I only just got my 9860 back from service after the back button died - brand new replaced unit will make it easier to sell on kijiji.

Thanks for the tip on NoLED!
    kevinnugent likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    You can Ask

All I have to say is people who banter aimlessly, go buy a phone (flip). Leave the smartphones to us who dont complain! What ever brand whatever problem! Move ON!
    Quit wasting the forums and its time!!
    One tool for mobile success, Blackberry Playbook + Blackberry Z30 = Mobile Success!
    TTBGF likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I think whats apps sucks compared to bbm, its just like a sending a text, no pics, nuthin!! Second, the samsung is a nice phone, but it is MASSIVE, definately not as comfy to carry as my 9780.....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

See you when you come back. 6 months is average time with Android.
    STORM>STORM2>TORCH>Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

No need for whatsapp. Use Google+ messenger. Goes far beyond anything bbm ever did.

Sent from my Thunderbolt via Tapatalk.
    BlackBerry Storm 9550 OS 5.0.0.428
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,032 Global Posts

He seems happy with his Phone he might not come back .
    I felt the same way when I switched from iphone to Galaxy S
    which was short lived in 1 month.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast