Won't connect to desktop manager.
I have been trying all day to connect to this damn thing lol. Before it was saying 'Connected' and 'Unavailable' next to it. Now it just says 'Disconnected'. When i plug the USB in it connects to everything else except for the Desktop Manager.
Can anyone please help because i've been trying to copy my old media card to my new one all day.
- CrackBerry User
02-16-13, 05:10 PM #2
- 57 Posts
Check the Device Manager and close it. Then try to reconnect. If you don't find it in the Windows notification area, you can find it in the task manager by the name of "BBDevMgr" or something similar (assuming you're running Windows).
You could also try to just connect to the PC via USB cable and wait for the popup to appear in the BB, from which you'd choose "USB Drive". The memory card should be available this way. You'd just have to copy the contents of the old memory card to the computer, swap cards and copy back from the computer to the new card.
- 02-21-13, 10:27 PM #5
You never stated what version of Desktop Manager you have or what computer operating system you're running, but in the future you can start DM and then plug your phone into the computer. I've found that for Win 7 - 8 that that works everytime.
- By sandmanfvr in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 9Last Post: 01-05-12, 08:41 PM
- By petepop in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 10Last Post: 04-23-11, 12:07 AM
- By Stormin_It in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 3Last Post: 05-17-10, 09:42 AM
- By Stormin_It in forum Desktop SoftwareReplies: 3Last Post: 05-17-10, 09:42 AM
- By rbk_21 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 0Last Post: 11-22-08, 09:03 PM