Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2BEF400E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default weird voice command since 7.1.0.258

Whenever I press the mute button at the top, there's a chime that sounds, and a Siri-like voice that says "You have no messages." I have no idea what this is or how it got there, I have no apps that read any messages installed, and the Mute button isn't something that can be customized, like the right convenience key.

I've sent myself email, BBMs and texts, and even when I do have messages, I hit the Mute button and it says "You have no messages." So not only is this new mystery voice unexplained...it's also useless.....

Any ideas as to what this is? It has only been since using this leaked OS...the previous 7.1.0.205 that I had didn't make my Torch do this..
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,241 Global Posts

visual voicemail?
    try sending yourself a voicemail and see what happens
    BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
    @Fubaz
    Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview

We don't BEND, WE BLEND #TeamBlackBerry
    CrackBerry Abuser

me too! idont have vv installed
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2BEF400E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

It's not the visual voicemail either I just tried. It's in the same voice as the BlackBerry Traffic lady, and also the same type of chime, so I'm guessing whatever this "feature" is, it's by RIM. I have a 9900 as well and the same thing happens (but I forget which button triggers it). On the 9900, I'm running 7.1.0.267 or whatever the newest leaked is (I don't know the exact number, I'm on my 9810 now).

I'd like to get rid of this thing, but I'd love to make it functional even more!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    PIN
    Request Only- Send me an email or PM!

Not RIM. It is the newest version of BeBuzz. Annoying right? I have mine set to double tap end call key @ lowest volume, but there is no "disable" option!
    Thanked by:
    hubermania (02-21-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SK122387 View Post
    Whenever I press the mute button at the top, there's a chime that sounds, and a Siri-like voice that says "You have no messages." I have no idea what this is or how it got there, I have no apps that read any messages installed, and the Mute button isn't something that can be customized, like the right convenience key.

I've sent myself email, BBMs and texts, and even when I do have messages, I hit the Mute button and it says "You have no messages." So not only is this new mystery voice unexplained...it's also useless.....

Any ideas as to what this is? It has only been since using this leaked OS...the previous 7.1.0.205 that I had didn't make my Torch do this..
    I had the same issue on my 9810, until I set up my "Visual Voice Mail" then it stopped
    Harold C.
    St. Peters, Mo 63376