CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Trouble upgrading to 7.1

I downloaded blackberry os 7.1 for my 9810 last night, and since then I haven't been able to successfully upgrade my blackberry to the new OS.

I wiped my device clean using BBSAK after I made a backup of all the applications and stuff, but every time I try desktop manager to upload to the newest OS, it just hangs there trying to update for a couple hours with lack of success.

I then executed the app loader file in Windows, but it just hangs at 'uploading ram image'.

Btw, I am using a mac but with parallel to utilize windows 7.

any help would be much appreciated.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINned to The Shepherd!

Quote Originally Posted by ikilledafly View Post
    I downloaded blackberry os 7.1 for my 9810 last night, and since then I haven't been able to successfully upgrade my blackberry to the new OS.

I wiped my device clean using BBSAK after I made a backup of all the applications and stuff, but every time I try desktop manager to upload to the newest OS, it just hangs there trying to update for a couple hours with lack of success.

I then executed the app loader file in Windows, but it just hangs at 'uploading ram image'.

You're likely to get more response if you post this to the appropriate Leaked OS thread than here, where many are not going to 7.1.
    More thoughts at Bill's Spiritual Musings. http://www.bills-musings.com
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Quote Originally Posted by ikilledafly View Post

Don't use DM to load the update. Once you download the update, you need to install it to your computer. Double click the icon of the download (I always save the download to my desktop) and follow the install instructions. Once installed, click on "computer">C drive>program files>research in motion>apploader. Once in apploader file, scroll down and delete the vendor.xml file. plug in you phone. Then go to the Loader icon in the apploader file and click it. Follow the prompts. You do not need to wipe your device since apploader does it for you. You do not need to back up your files since apploader does it for you. Simple.

since you are on a Mac, you may have to "seach" to find the apploader file.
    Last edited by newcollector; 01-19-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.2.1.2141
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Don't waste your time - I spent hours figuring it out. The 7.1 and Mac Parallels get caught on the reboot which the Windows will miss every time via Parallels and the phone stays Off on the Ram Image stage of instal. I visited a friend to use his PC and it installed in 10 minutes perfectly with no probs. There are other threads confirming this. Go try on a PC and it will work immediately.
    Last edited by MrVeda; 01-19-2012 at 07:28 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,065 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me

Quote Originally Posted by newcollector View Post
    Don't use DM to load the update. Once you download the update, you need to install it to your computer. Double click the icon of the download (I always save the download to my desktop) and follow the install instructions. Once installed, click on "computer">C drive>program files>research in motion>apploader. Once in apploader file, scroll down and delete the vendor.xml file. plug in you phone. Then go to the Loader icon in the apploader file and click it. Follow the prompts. You do not need to wipe your device since apploader does it for you. You do not need to back up your files since apploader does it for you. Simple.

since you are on a Mac, you may have to "seach" to find the apploader file.
    i'm using windows 7 and i have a problem installing the 7.1 update. it hangs at initial data backup whether i try to use DM or Apploader

any workarounds?
    Last edited by Walcolm; 02-07-2012 at 12:39 AM. Reason: to provide more information
    just so in love with my berry
    SR: 10.2.1.537

dumb phone->SonyEricsson P900->dumb phone->Storm 9530->Bold 9700->White Torch-2 9810->Grey Torch-2 9810->Black Z10 STL 100-1->64GB PB bridged to Black Z30 STA 100-2