Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jtakule
  • 1 Post By sjsplaty
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Torch 9810, T-mobile issues

Hi

I'm really close to buying a new phone and I've been looking at this new torch and I wanted to know if someone here has already been using this phone on Tmobile and what's the experience been like. A while ago I used my sim on an unlocked torch and it never showed 3G, instead it said 2G H or something like that. How can this affect it performance-wise?

Thanks
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2914F50F

you will only get edge service time to just go to att and get h+
    Thanked by:
    joelo_pr (08-28-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Your Torch will never get 3G on T-Mobile. T-Mo's 3G bands are 1, 4, 8 and Torch's are 1, 2, 5, 6. That's why.
    Thanked by:
    joelo_pr (08-28-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I've been reluctant to switch over to ATT because it's been the first time that I've had no biling issues whatsoever with a cell phone company (BTW I dont work with TM ) I love my BB and my options 1 and 2 are 9900 or 9810, but I wanted to consult here first and see other people's feedback.

Thanks a lot for your replies
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2914F50F

i dont like AT&T but the service is great and i never had a billing problem.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

My 2 brothers are with Att (Iphone and an antique flip thing), man their bills are just so full of surprises.

My only problem with the bold 9900 is the price tag, since both me and my wife are getting new phones, its quite an amount of cash to dish out on a trip to the mall. I'll have to sit and think things thru
    CrackBerry User

I'm using a Torch on T-Mobile now and everything works on it except 3g. Using it on Edge is fine if you mostly go on mobile sites like Facebook and Twitter, but don't try going on youtube with it because its unbearably slow. I'd still recommend it because I don't think spending 150+ more to get the bold off contract is worth it. The torch has a better camera than the bold as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINned to The Shepherd!

Quote Originally Posted by igotberryfever View Post
    i dont like AT&T but the service is great and i never had a billing problem.
    Same experience, here. And I was with AT&T before Cingular bought them. Solid coverage and consistent on billing. Never a problem. Except maybe some tower issues when Isabel went through. And I still could make calls.
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    2816DC6D

i am using the torch 9810 on tmobile and i am really impressed with the internet speed of it on the torch though its on edge but i can still stream slacker radio and youtube all the time without any problem
    nccjones likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

tjakule....I'm glad to hear. I just purchased an unlocked torch and plan to use it on TMobile. I'm really worried about it but you make me feel a little better. I'm currently using android and cant stand it! I want to go back to blackberry and have been itching for a torch.

I also just found out that TMo may get a torch in November. Hoping that means the torch I have will then be able to get 3G or wishful thinking?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    Same experience, here. And I was with AT&T before Cingular bought them. Solid coverage and consistent on billing. Never a problem. Except maybe some tower issues when Isabel went through. And I still could make calls.
    I think it was the other way around...Cingular was bought by AT&T.

As far as AT&T is concerned, they have always treated me well. Customer service has been good and if there have been issues, they have always quickly resolved them. The advantage of H+ and the 9810 is that you get to use the phone at its designed speed. I am going today to get mine.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.2.1.2141
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nccjones View Post
    I also just found out that TMo may get a torch in November. Hoping that means the torch I have will then be able to get 3G or wishful thinking?
    Wishful thinking. While T-Mobile is supposed to get the Torch in November, they are not changing the bands that their network operates on. Your Torch, which I assume is the ATT version, operates on the 1,2,5 bands. Magenta uses the 1,4,8 bands. Therefore, the Torch they release will have to operate on these bands to get 3G. Nothign stopping you from selling yours on Ebay and getting the new one from T-Mo when the time comes.
    nccjones likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

Will the T Mobile version support 4G?
    Low Speed High Drag.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKshooter View Post
    Will the T Mobile version support 4G?
    It hasn't officially been announced yet. Thus far, it has only been rumors. BUT, if it is released, it should support 4G (HSPA+).
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

considering Wind Canada who uses the same frequencies as t-mobile, and the rumours of it coming to T-mobile, its safe to say it is coming and will be 4g capable.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Well, the day I posted is the day I purchased the AT&T 9810 and cancelled it right away. The more I researched, the more I realized TMobile will get the 9810 and I want a BB fully operational. I'm so excited. I know I won't be able to get all the apps I had on my 9700, but I played with a working model at Best Buy and it's solid. So I'm holding out for the rumor to be true. If it doesn't I'll go back to my BB 9700. I'm done with Android. Never again (unless RIM eventually goes under....which I hope it never does)

Thanks for all the great feedback guys! You helped me make the right decision.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts

According to Tmonews.com, 9810 dummy units have begun arriving at T-Mobile stores. Shouldn't be much longer!

Blackberry Torch 9810 T-Mobile Branded Dummy Phones Begin Arriving At Retail Stores
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by sjsplaty View Post
    According to Tmonews.com, 9810 dummy units have begun arriving at T-Mobile stores. Shouldn't be much longer!

Blackberry Torch 9810 T-Mobile Branded Dummy Phones Begin Arriving At Retail Stores
    We got our dummy at my store today. Should be a big seller. Alot of people complain about the 9900 not having AutoFocus, and the 9810 does, so im interested to see from customers which phone they prefer.