Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Torch 9810, Outlook 2010, Blackberry Internet Service, and AT&T

I continue to search for a wireless sync method.

I'm running the BB Desktop Manager on a Windows 7 PC and use Outlook 2010 for email, contacts, tasks, & appointments.

AT&T say I can sign up for Blackberry Internet Service (BIS), which they say will sync my emails, along with the other Outlook items I use.

I had such trouble with the AT&T Address Book, I would like avoid another nightmare with BIS. I haven't seen much on this forum about it, so I wondered if there's a good reason why.

I'd love to hear from anyone with experience using BIS in a similar software combo like mine, or if you've used BIS and AT&T is your service provider.
    Left iPhone 3GS for Torch 9810...and wanting to learn Torch ASAP.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,397 Global Posts

Default I use

ATT, BIS, Outlook 2003. Your email will sync wirelessly with your mail server. The only wireless way I know to sync the the other features of Outlook (calendar, tasks, contacts, etc) is via bluetooth through your desktop and DM.

The "work around" I have found is to use Google calendar which does sync wirelessly. You can sync your outlook with the Google calendar through an app downloaded to your desktop.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    778 Global Posts
    PIN
    2805D8E9

I use Mobile Me. Keeps my iPad, iMac, and office Windows craptop and workstation in sync. I have my Blackberry email set up with my Mobile Me, the only problem with that is when I send mail it wants to send from my me.com address, so I also set up an account with my office email so that I can select that one to send from. Every now and then I sync the BB with one of the computers and that takes care of my contacts and calendar. I don't know how iCloud is going to work, but I refuse to be Google's product, and I hope Apple does screw things up with iCloud. To me, Mobile Me is worth the $99 a year.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I recently switched from an iPhone 3 (after a phone in coffee incident) to the Torch 9810. I love it except that I can't get my outlook calendar to sync wirelessly. My company IT people said that we didn't have BES so I wouldn't be able to do that. I am currently connecting via a cable, but lets be honest...thats annoying. Any help? I don't want all the iPhone naysayers to be right. For what its worth...my iPhone was able to sync perfectly. HELP
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

The workaround using google calendar mentioned above can do it. Use Google Sync on your computer to connect your Outlook calendar with a Google calendar, the use Google Sync or the calendar sync built into BIS to sync your Torch to the Google calendar. Make certain that the google account is your default calendar on your BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Thanks, guys, really. But after over two weeks of "server errors" preventing successful syncs, I pitched all and bought the $1.99 Syncamatic from Blackberry World. It's probably just a demo, but so far works a lot better than Google. Read somewhere that Google's sync for BB is in Beta testing, so mayhap it'll pan out in the future.
    Left iPhone 3GS for Torch 9810...and wanting to learn Torch ASAP.