Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Tether to HP Touchpad?

I know im going to get heat for this post, but here i go. Has anyone been able to sucesfully tether BB Torch to an HP Touchpad

I just couldnt resist the price and actually, WebOS tweaked to latest version and this thing overclocked to 1.5ghz runs very smooth.
    Pearl 8100>Torch 9800>Torch 9810
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

i too would love to find a way to use my 9800 Torch tethered to my Touchpad...
    Peter W | Franchise Owner & Operations Manager | Men In Kilts-Victoria |
    www.meninkilts.com
    ...Proud Crackberry Addict since 2001... BB950 thru to Z10 ... now Rockin' a Z30
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I've not tried it but supposedly, installing PDANet on the Blackberry may let you do this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

HP recently released update 3.0.4 to TP. I was able to connect my Torch via Bluetooth to TP, but still trying to figure out how to tether.
    Pearl 8100>Torch 9800>Torch 9810
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    2,614 Global Posts

Default Tether Torch to Touchpad

Sorry guys, the relationship between the Touchpad and the Torch is limited to send & receive phone calls and SMS. The TP does not have DUN in its BT profiles and we're all still waiting for hotspot capabilities on BB. Because the Torch is one of the very few devices that carries the messaging access profile (MAP) it can serve as a gateway to the TP. Can't see anybody using a phone as big as a TP, but it sure is a breeze to type SMS. Works great though, I've been using it since 3.0.4 came out.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Default Cannot send SMS with my Curve 9330 and TouchPad

I'm coming over from PreCentral where i posted this to no resolve but i am not able to send SMS messages from my TouchPad through my paired Curve 9330. I am able to make/receive calls and receive SMS messages but I cannot send. Is there anything (eg. a new MAP profile) i can download to my BB to fix this? Thanks