Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By homer1475
  • 2 Post By Pete6
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    PIN
    EAPPLE IS MY FAVE FRUIT
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question SOS problems

Hey just recently my 9810 has been givin a weird problem its dipping in an out of SOS, first I thought it was a network problem but when I put another fone next to it the other phone still has service while mine is on SOS and I have to turn off the radio to get back service...Any help?

OS 5: BB Curve 8320 BB Curve 8900 BB Storm2 BB Bold 9700 x2
    OS 6: BB Bold 9780 x2 BB Torch x2 BB 9300 BB 9780
    OS 7: BB 9810 x2 BB 9850 BB 9810 x2 (silver and white) BB 9900 FINALLY

<<<<<Addicted to my Berry(s)>>>>>>
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    7,005 Global Posts

Are both phones from the same provider?
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.1.1151 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3442
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    PIN
    EAPPLE IS MY FAVE FRUIT
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

yup same provider, same Manufacture country everything just different pins basically

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    7,005 Global Posts

Well, if everything is the same I'm at a loss. I know I go into SOS when in certain areas, but my work phone doesn't. Both are with different providers and are different BB. Wish I could help.
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.1.1151 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3442
    CrackBerry Genius

My phone was constantly dropping to SOS, called ATT and had them ship me a new SIM card. Haven't had a problem since.
    Cell Phone History:
    Motorola Bag phone > Motorola Star Tac gen1 > Motorola Star Tac gen 2 > Motorola Razr > BlackBerry Pearl > Iphone gen1 > BlackBerry Curve > BlackBerry Torch > BlackBerry Torch II > BlackBerry Bold 9900 > BlackBerry Z10 > PassPort

If you think my post helped you, please click the "Thanks" button over there!! -->
    3neekimmy and go1ndr like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

Try to find out if the problem is with your Sim card or is it with the phone... if it's working fine with another sim card then contact your carrier and ask to switch your sim card.
    It also can be an hardware problem with your Blackberry Torch 9810, see if the Sim slot if fine, maybe the sim slot is not holding the sim card tight and it disconnects.
    Thanked by:
    3neekimmy (06-19-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    PIN
    EAPPLE IS MY FAVE FRUIT
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Thanks anyway Lendo78

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Beer Please

Quote Originally Posted by blackberry-unlocking710 View Post
    Try to find out if the problem is with your Sim card or is it with the phone... if it's working fine with another sim card then contact your carrier and ask to switch your sim card.
    It also can be an hardware problem with your Blackberry Torch 9810, see if the Sim slot if fine, maybe the sim slot is not holding the sim card tight and it disconnects.
    I completely agree with this. I was just about to post almost the eaxct same thing.

Take the SIM card out, make sure it is clean and put it back. Try sliding it in and out a few times to "wipe" the SIM card contacts against those int he phone. If this does not fix the problem, try switching SIM cards with a friends' phone. After that go to your carrier and get a new SIM card.

If this does not fix the problem then I too feel that you have a hardware problem with your phone.
    Thanked by:
    3neekimmy (06-19-2012) 
    go1ndr and f0xx386 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Are both phones running the same OS?

I recently upgraded fro 7.1.0.402 to 7.1.0.428 and feel a huge difference on both Hotspot speed from around 1Mbps jump to 4Mbps and GPS lock from 5 minutes down to just a few seconds. Wireless signal seems to be better too.

I always wipe and then re-install OS & app from AppWorld.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

i had the same problem with att. usually on weekends. they had to resend the signal whatever that means. they claimed it was due to it being peak usage time. they had me pull the battery, then they resend the signal. then put battery back. finally that problem seems fixed with 9810. it happened on weekends both times.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Beer Please

Quote Originally Posted by tapioca770 View Post
    i had the same problem with att. usually on weekends. they had to resend the signal whatever that means. they claimed it was due to it being peak usage time. they had me pull the battery, then they resend the signal. then put battery back. finally that problem seems fixed with 9810. it happened on weekends both times.

AT&T are somewhat BSing you. The only "signal" they can send is to re-send your Service Books. These are stored on your phone anyway AND you can request a new set anytime by going to Options, Device, Advanced System Settings, Host Routing Table, press Menu and select Register Now. This wil request an updated set of Service Book files be sent from your carriers BIS server. Service Books are little files that enable and configure various Blackberry services and programs. BIS is BlackBerry Internet Service and its's a RIM product run by each carrier for BlackBerrys.

It is likely that you could have lost the ability to make calls due to network congestion. It is likely that you could have lost BIS coneection if the carriers server crashed BUT ain't no way you would see SOS if the network were present but just over busy.

I think that if you did what I suggested with the SIM card, and that did not fix it then, you have a faulty SIM card or, phone.

Get AT&T to change it under warranty BUT, back it up before you take it down.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

i suspect their server went down at att that night. their was a long wait to get through to customer care. i wasnt the only one with problems. any time i have a problem they want me to exchange the device. this time they didnt suggest that. i never agree to exchange because dont want a refurbished device with more problems. i insist on a service ticket with rim to solve the problem. i have already te installed the os with rim and will have to do it again for an unrelated problem. this is the problem. no warning on low battery. red light doesnt flash.

CrackBerry Newbie

my 8520 has same red sos problem since last week. I tried everything wiped device, changing sim more than 50 times took battery out and put it back. this sim is working in other device properly. I was not using blackberry services for long time and few days ago i had connected wifi that is all. Maybe RIM stopped it . why? I bought this phone from store new pack with bill and everything why they stopped normal cell service of my blackberry?
    call is also not going to sos, there is call failed tune. diagnostic report is like this:
    Radio Data Activation: No
    Signal level: -67dBm
    Radio Access: GPRS
    Network: vodafone NL
    IP Address: 0.0.0.0
    ICMP Ping Echo: Abort

anybody have an idea about it?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,556 Global Posts

Just an FYI, if it were me, I'd listen to the advice given by Pete6 and Homer1475! Both are reliable gurus, and would only give out the correct proceedure required to fix a problem. And, I'd upgrade to the latest OS as well--which is .861! You will notice an amazing difference between this OS and earlier ones. No doubt the problems are SIM card related.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by go1ndr View Post
    Just an FYI, if it were me, I'd listen to the advice given by Pete6 and Homer1475! Both are reliable gurus, and would only give out the correct proceedure required to fix a problem. And, I'd upgrade to the latest OS as well--which is .861! You will notice an amazing difference between this OS and earlier ones. No doubt the problems are SIM card related.
    Thats true. Its a sim card related problem. I had very bad experience of this. Suddenly it went on sos for no reason. I pulled, cleaned and re-inserted sim card several times but had no luck. Finally I took my sim card out, inserted it to very old nokia phone, It got connected to network instantly. When I put sim card back again in my BB it worked !!

I don't think its related to any OS version. Its a sim card problem.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default SOS issues

Providing your phone hardware is working normally, a constant (irritating) SOS signal could simply mean that you might have accidentally changed your mobile network settings. On the Torch 9810, find these settings at: manage connections > Network and Connections > Mobile Network. Once you get there, make sure your Data Services are ON; and, your Mobile Network (your provider's name) is displayed (i.e not NONE or another service provider). Then look at your Mobile mode - in my area, it must be set at the phrase 3G/4G & 2G. Recently, I changed this while testing another SIM card in my device and forgot to put it back to this setting when I re-inserted my SIM. I got a constant SOS signal until I corrected the setting.