Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Bocajrs0
  • 1 Post By Solitaire72
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default With QNX on the horizon, here's 5 reasons you should still consider a new BB

With QNX on the horizon, here's 5 reasons you should still consider a new BB OS 7 smartphone.

With QNX on the horizon, here's 5 reasons you should still consider a new BB OS 7 smartphone | ZDNet
    Pearl 8100>Torch 9800>Torch 9810
    Thanked by:
    BBshark (08-16-2011) 
    BBshark and newcollector like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,501 Global Posts

Thanks, very informative.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Welcome-I have been debating myself whether to upgrade to 9810 in January or wait for QNX (realistically phone probably wont be ready/polished til 2013 per article) but im thinking towards upgrading to 9810 and for $49.00 (with my premior discount it wont cost me anything). It's a win-win, specially since I've enjoyed the Torch and most of the apps that I use should be compatible with OS7 by then.
    Pearl 8100>Torch 9800>Torch 9810
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

The writer articulates well the advantages of these powerful new phones. C'mon August 21st! Then I can go to the ATT store and try one out! Maybe early upgrade if the price is right.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.3.1.1151
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry User

What a great article. Thanks for posting it
    Save the sharks or the ocean will die

Pearl 8130 > Torch 9800 > Bold 9900 > Z10!!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

I really do enjoy my 9800. I don't see why I would wait for the QNX devices. When it gets here, and it's reliable, then I'll make the move. I agree that the new OS7 devices are not THAT different, but an upgrade is an upgrade. My 9800 is a solid phone, and I look forward to the 9810.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thanks for sharing. The reception of the new phones and OS7 has been generally favorable, and I can't tell you how refreshing it is to see articles that don't consist of "no apps bad specs they suck rim is dead".

My favorite part is "Who in the world even uses video chatting anyway?" Not to say nobody does, but I would bet that out of every 100 people that complain about it there are 5 that actually use it.
    7290 / 8700 / 8310 / 8900 / 9700 / 9800 / 9810 / Z10 / Z30
    PlayBook 16GB
    BBRY Shareholder
    CrackBerry User

I am getting mine from Best Buy and paying for the buy back program. If the QNX phones are even semi on time I'll get 40% of the retail cost on the phone back and can apply that to the new phone. Makes early upgrades not so painful.
    soapfan9900 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,725 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by solitaire72 View Post
    I am getting mine from Best Buy and paying for the buy back program. If the QNX phones are even semi on time I'll get 40% of the retail cost on the phone back and can apply that to the new phone. Makes early upgrades not so painful.
    But the phone is $49.99! How does the buy back program work? I assume you're paying full retail?
    "In God we trust....all others we investigate".

"Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol".
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    PIN
    if you want it PM me

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    But the phone is $49.99! How does the buy back program work? I assume you're paying full retail?
    Its helping you lower your upgrades penalty fee if you buy before your 2 year contract is up
    CrackBerry User

The buy back program gives 50% back within the first 6 months, 40% from then to a year, 30% back 1 year to 18 months and 20% back between 18 months and 2 years. Those percentages are from the full retail price regardless if you bought it on contract or paid out right. Pretty sweet deal if you upgrade phones often.